Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

wizardmon5
The Wii Help ThreadAsk questions about your Wii, and have them answered by others. Hopefully knowledgable others.

Anyway, I have one to kick us off: Anyone else having trouble with the internet? I got it to connect once and to the initial update, but since then it keeps giving me error code 110213.

I checked the Nintend...
#1  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
719 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
infiltrate
In reply to wizardmon5, #97:

They tell me to change the channel on my router, but my connection (Gary 2) is on a Linksys Access point. Can I connect is from an access point, or does it have to be a router?
#91  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to infiltrate, #98:

You should be able to, yes.

This is sounding increasingly like something you'll need to ask Nintendo about.
#92  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
infiltrate
In reply to hobbie, #100:

I need to have a user name and password to visit 192.168.1.1

Post edited 11/26/06 3:00PM
#93  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zack Forum Mod
You should have made one when you set it up. Or you can use the default which should be in the instruction booklet for it, or online at the Linksys website.
#94  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zack Forum Mod
Does the DS connect to the Wii yet? Can it do anything? Has anyone tried yet?
#95  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to hobbie, #104:

AKA, no, it's not in use yet.
#96  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
In reply to infiltrate, #101:

Try making the settings on your router the same as these:

These are the advanced wireless settings. Where it says "Basic Rate" You can try either All or 1-2 Mbps.

Also, the username/password for a Linksys router are as follows (unless changed from the default):

Username: blank (as in don't type anything in here)
Password: admin
#97  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
infiltrate
In reply to Caboose, #106:

Some of the areas on that picture don't show up.

I have a MAC, so that means I do have to have MAC filtering on, right? Also, on "basic wireless settings" can I change the channel there? Because a lot of people have told me that I have to change the channel on my router.
#98  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zack Forum Mod
A Mac or a MAC? Everyone has a MAC address.

6 seconds ><

Post edited 11/26/06 8:20PM
#99  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Vlad
A thousand internets to whoever can help me out with this one:

If you go into your Wii's options and go into the storage section under the channels. Now, you'll notice there's an option for channels stored on the SD card. Obviously there's a way to put your own content on your Wii as a channel.

Anyone know if this is true? If so, how is it done? And, I know this is gonna get some negative attention, but is there a way to load roms like this? Obviously the Wii supports some form of rom format, as shown by the VC games, and I'd imagine that the roms downloaded through VC are the same format as a plain rom rip that any emulator would handle.
#100  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to Vlad, #110:

The "Wii Channel" thing in your SD card would be for information downloaded from Wii Channels, not anything you create yourself.
#101  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
In reply to infiltrate, #107:

All of the areas show up correctly. Unless it's a display thing on your end.

In reply to Vlad, #110:

The Wii Channel thingie on the SD card is basically a backup. Once you download a game off of the VC, you can back it up onto the SD card. for safe keeping. As far as I know, it's only to backup the games you get from the VC. However, if you delete a game off of your Wii (but have it backed up on the SD card) you have to copy the game back to your Wii from the SD card to play the game. Same with saved games
#102  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Vlad
In reply to Caboose, #112:

It's designed as a backup mechanism. But I'm sure there's a way to add custom content to your channels through it. Just wondering if anybody's figured it out yet. =O
#103  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
It would end up being a hack, and there's have to be some sort of modification to the console. Unless an application is designed that tricks the system in to thinking that the content is "legal".
#104  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Vlad
In reply to Caboose, #114:

Well, I'm not so much interested in whether or not I can put not-so-legal material on my Wii (though I honestly wouldn't mind loading roms onto it and saving $10/game), but I'm curious as to what a homebrew developer can do with the SD channel options.
#105  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
Does anyone know exactly how the Mii Parade works?

I have three friends on my list, and every time I go to the Parade, there are two Miis wandering by. I was thinking it would be, like, all of their Miis, or something.
#106  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UB3R_FRY
In reply to wizardmon5, #116:

BTW Why havent you added me yet???
#107  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
bnlboy04
so, i've been seeing several people's miis as their pic, what's the easiest way to get a pic of your wii on your comp so you can put it in your profile?
#108  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose

The Mii parade is totally random. It's basically when your Mii goes and mingles. It travels to another console and it appears in the Mii parade. There is no way to control how many Miis come to your console and vice versa, unless you disable the option for your Miis to mingle.
#109  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
This post deleted by Caboose

Post edited 11/27/06 2:59PM
#110  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Vlad

I believe that every time you make a new Mii and connect to WiiConnect24 at any time, any people on your friends who sign on while you're signed on will send their Miis to you, and yours to them and vice-versa, backwards, in reverse.
#111  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
Use the flash Mii creater!
#112  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
In reply to Vlad, #121:

You have to send your Mii to ppl on your friend's list. And they have to send them to you. That is the only way to control which Mii goes to which console. Otherwise, your Mii could end up on some commie's console in Communist Russia!
#113  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
jasper117
I need help to steal one!
#114  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UB3R_FRY
Dont they only go to wii's on yer friends list?
#115  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
Nope. Any Mii can go to any console anywhere in the world!

To "steal" a Mii, simply press A and B at the same time when your pointer is overtop of the Mii's head. The Mii will start to flail as you crush their head in your virtual grip. Drag the Mii over to "Copy to Plaza" and then presto! you'll steal the Mii
#116  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
UB3R_FRY
Is it just me, or is the sound when you pick up a Mii funny as hell?
#117  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zack Forum Mod
I stole hobbie yesterday morning...and who's that chick I stole from you?
#118  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
The poor chick!

Hey hobbie, did you add me yet?
#119  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zack Forum Mod
Haha, I have 31 and 3 are girls...
#120  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] ... [ 23 ] [ 24 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.