You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Fizz
The Caboose Discussion Threadok, some jerk shut down the last one. but as real caboose fans they CAN'T stop us from making any more threads. i'm sorry that the last one is gone, we where over 1000 pages, but i get the honor of making a new one. here it is.

let's talk about caboose! or failing that (as usual) quoti...
#1  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 174 Cool
44,636 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Recovery13 Crazy
I always liked the idea of caboose secretly being smart but I'm not sure anyone is that good of an actor.
#44,251  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Fizz
In reply to Recovery13, #44253:

Honestly, I can tell you he isnīt. He really, really isnīt.
#44,252  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MrFacemelter
YEAH TOAST!
#44,253  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Thundarbunny
In reply to Recovery13, #44253:

I bet Bill Murray could pull of an actually smart person that is pretending to be stupid.
#44,254  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SailorGirl81 Polymath
In reply to Thundarbunny, #44256:

And Dustin Hoffman did it in Rain Main.
#44,255  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Fizz
In reply to SailorGirl81, #44257:

Nope, he was playing a genious that just saw the world a bit different then us. Rain man remembered every single detail he saw. He wasn't a retard, he was an autist. Learn the difference. You're insulting people.
#44,256  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SailorGirl81 Polymath
In reply to thijsbos, #44258:

My point is that Dustin Hoffman has already believably played a person whom the world at large perceived as dumb. My understanding is that the discussion has been about whether or not Caboose is really an intelligent person acting in such a way that others see him as dumb. My contention has always been that Caboose is neither dumb nor stupid.

Also I did NOT use the very insulting word "retard" YOU DID. And as a person with Aspergers I DO know the difference.
#44,257  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Zing!
Fizz
In reply to SailorGirl81, #44259:

Still, if caboose was merely playing as stupid as he is, there are multiple occasions he could've/should've changed personality at least a bit. The decrease of intelligence overtime during the series even shows a decline of intelligence, not some secret smart caboose. There is absolutely no evidence for that theory and neither has it been mentioned by anyone RT related.

Besides, we have already being able to take several tours through his brain, and that didn't seem to have any intelligence as well. And he couldn't be able to hide it in his brain, as his real self or as the portrayal of the other characters in his mind. Which he wouldn't have been able to control. Those would clearly have given him away.
#44,258  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Thundarbunny
In reply to thijsbos, #44260:
I don't think anyone is saying Caboose is actually smart. I believe Rooster Teeth's goal was always to make Caboose "The Spy who knew too little" sort of character. Even though he is more of a Forrest Gump to me.

By the way, do you know that Comcast is charging $3.99 for Forrest Gump on demand? WTF...

In reply to SailorGirl81, #44259:
I believe what SailorGirl81 was getting at is that if Caboose was actually "intelligent" he'd be an idiot savant.

In reply to Thundarbunny, #44256:
I like Pancakes!...

#44,259  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Worshiper
I'm not into the idea of Caboose being secretly smart. As posted above, the visits to his brain would have exposed him. I always had the idea that before the O'mally incident Caboose was just a highly awkward, average intelligence person. Not quite stupid, but not the brightest crayon in the box. Then when O'mally shows up it just sends him into complete stupidity. So ya, no secret smartness to be found.
#44,260  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
MrFacemelter
In reply to Worshiper, #44262:

I agree with you. He may or may not have been very intellegent at first, but after he was possesed multiple times, his mind just snapped. That would explain why he is smart in his own mind, because he used to be.
#44,261  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Fizz
In reply to Worshiper, #44262:

Completely agree. Thank god, I thought we were outnumbered
#44,262  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Worshiper
It makes sense, because all the dumb stuff he says and does at first (like giving donut the flag, or the marriage thing) can be attributed to him being really young and awkward. I know all about that! lol
#44,263  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Soul_Tiller Sponsor
Ah... It's like people have started using their brains to think -- as opposed to whatever it was that was happening earlier.
#44,264  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Worshiper
I didn't even see all of the earlier conversation. I just saw a post about Caboose being secretly super smart and I was like, "Huh? Did you even watch the Blood Gulch Chronicles?"
#44,265  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Fizz
In reply to Soul_Tiller, #44266:

Exactly, instead of people acting like Caboose.
#44,266  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
Recovery13 Crazy

who is more foolish: the fool or the fools who discuss him? :)

maybe we haven't seen the smart side of him when we have seen his brain because his intelligence is locked behind a "secret" door
#44,267  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Royplayer89 ITSAME
In reply to Recovery13, #44269:
who is more foolish: the fool or the fools who discuss him? :)

Bitches be foolin' me.
#44,268  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Soul_Tiller Sponsor
In reply to Recovery13, #44269:

Seeing as we're in the caboose thread, we're kind of required to talk about the fool.
Also, foolishness is not antonymous to intelligence. Smart people can be foolish and stupid people can act wise.

Like, I know it's not wise to try to explain to you that Caboose is not smart, but I'm also smart enough to know he isn't a secret genius. Heck, he's not even a savant.

He's just dumb ol' Caboose, and that's why people like him.
#44,269  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Thundarbunny
I love how this thread for the past, what? Two pages or so, has been about Caboose's intelligence... Ahh... That was great guys... But seriously, Caboose had to at least graduated elementary school in order to be drafted into the blue armor right?

I like Pancakes!
#44,270  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Fizz
In reply to Soul_Tiller, #44271:

Thank you for explaining again, Mr. Tiller.
#44,271  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
julian27 Sponsor
In reply to Thundarbunny, #44272:

I wouldn't be so sure about that they were just taking pretty much anyone it seemed like their recruiting process was closer towards like the us army recruiting process was back in the world wars you know sign up questions asked later or you know the kind like we'll teach you to shoot and to try to survive we really don't give a fuck about anything else. Also if there were requirements in those wars that I can't seem to recall than think of it the us civil war recruiting process those guys really didn't give a fuck
#44,272  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Thundarbunny
In reply to julian27, #44274:

The Civil war did have a recruiting process. Which was a basic test of do we think your going to kill your own men. I believe Caboose would fail that test. Now the revolutionary war. They just handed you a gun and told you to kill.
#44,273  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 WTF
daprophet02 SuperNiceGuy
In reply to thijsbos, #44252:

Hey, Fizz, you seem to be forgetting about me. And that really hurts.
#44,274  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
p3drit0 EVITPOL
Good to see Caboose back in action! and... explaining things?
#44,275  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Thundarbunny
It's good to see Caboose grow his facebook friends list with his new best friend... The session 10 forum page deemed Caboose's new best friend Churchington...
#44,276  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Fizz
In reply to daprophet02, #44276:

I'm sorry Adam, but you were AWOL, so I did look over you.
#44,277  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
MrFacemelter
I know this has probably been covered a thousand times, but I want your opinions on why Caboose seemed to posses at the very least an average intelligence in the beginning of the show. Obviously he has a few (and thats being generous) screws loose in that MK IV helmet of his, but it seems like he has degraded slowly. He gets less co-ordinated every season. He is not dumb, he just seems to live in his own world, and for some reason, it looks like he gets absorbed into that world more and more
#44,278  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Fizz
In reply to MrFacemelter, #44280:

repost.

Seriously, if it can be done with images, then why not normal text.
#44,279  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
Thundarbunny
In reply to MrFacemelter, #44280:

Caboose is like that movie Brad Pitt did a few years ago when he was getting younger as time progressed. When we first met Caboose he was 13 years old and he's about 7 and a half now. After this session it's rumored Caboose will be 6 and a 3rd years old...
#44,280  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 1475 ] [ 1476 ] [ 1477 ] ... [ 1487 ] [ 1488 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.