You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

ARTaylor
General 1-800-MAGIC ChatterFor all nonspecific discussion regarding RT's newest mini-series.

Don't make any mistakes. Totally fuck up next time. Just kidding…sorta.

GO!

Post edited 6/12/07 3:30PM
#1  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
89 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Twin_Peaks
In reply to ARTaylor, #1:

It looks to be off to a good start, and hopefully it continues that way, just like all of RT's other series have
#2  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ARTaylor
RT certainly knows how to start a series off on the right foot.

Also, made this.
#3  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 5 Cool
KrozeGG Forum Mod
In reply to Twin_Peaks, #2:

Personally, it feels way too "Same ol, same ol" as RvB and PANICS (Which pretty much all it was is a Red Vs. Blue clone that if anyone else made it, they would be blasted into oblivion for "Ripping off RT") but I will give Burnie the benefit of the doubt here and stick with it for a bit...
I don't imagine the series lasting more then 5 to 8 episodes so its not like you can grab a decent plot out of it anyway without starting off strong.
At least the series has good editing and shots.

I wonder if the series is actually set inside the Shadowrun universe though...
I was a big Shadowrun player back in the 90's after I got bored with D&D and wanted to try something new for a bit.
#4  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
ARTaylor
In reply to KrozeGG, #4:

You could say all three of the 24th Century Star Treks started the same and are a rip off of TNG. But really it's hard to judge something from one episode that's only a couple minutes long. As it goes on it'll probably branch off on it's own and become it's own show. Got to give it a chance to move out of RvB's shadow.
#5  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dragon16
This show is going to be god because it already has a twist in it and has set up a "thing" to be explained which RT is good for drawing out to make something good.
#6  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KrozeGG Forum Mod
In reply to Dragon16, #6:

The biggest problem is, with it being a "mini-series" meaning 5 to 8 episodes per RT normal standards, they don't have much time to set things up and what happened wasn't a "Twist", thats whats called a "Plot device" in writing terms.
And it might be just used as a Deus Ex Machina then anything really of worth.
RT's main constant in everything they have done has followed the same structure.
Make a superficial plot with a random plot device, make jokes about that said plot device, end the series on a cliffhanger with no real closing.
#7  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
the_sleeper
today i tried to get my boss to upgrade are computers to vista, saying that it would make everybodys work easier, but what i really wanted to do was to play shadowrun at the office, and then the twist came..... we only have apple computers.
#8  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KrozeGG Forum Mod
In reply to the_sleeper, #8:

No one in hell should want to "Upgrade" to Vista...
In all honesty, its pure crap put into a box and sold.
#9  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
superguy727 Power Outage
Microsoft hasn't had an "upgraded OS" since DOS.
#10  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KrozeGG Forum Mod
In reply to superguy727, #10:

Microsoft Upgrade: one of the best oxymoron along with Microsoft Works.
#11  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
canipe2nrguy
In reply to KrozeGG, #9:

i use it, its not so bad. there are some quirks, but every new OS has them. get over it.
#12  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dragonbanez
Does it matter? I like biitermin from 1-800-magic because he is obviuolsy the commander.
#13  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
IAMAGOD
I know they called this a Mini-Series but maybe its a Pilot Series for something? I think Microsoft or FASA Studios hired RT to do this Mini-Series as advertising because it was on XboxLive.com immediately after iwas announced.

www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/shadowrun/
#14  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bryy
GOD, please stop posting everyfuckingwhere.

In reply to Dragon16, #6:
This show is going to be god because it already has a twist in it and has set up a "thing" to be explained which RT is good for drawing out to make something good.

So "twist = automatically good"?
#15  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Flamebait
ARTaylor
Ending with "The One" certainly raises a question audiences will want answered so they'll stay tuned for more. Cliffhangers do a good job of getting people to want to come back. If for nothing else to see resolution.
#16  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
IAMAGOD
In reply to ARTaylor, #16:

When I heard him say the One I was like Wow Matrix Allusion! And with the Matrix time thingy too...
#17  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ARTaylor
Just about everyone has a "One." Matrix, Star Wars, PotC, etc. Goes farther back than that. "The One" is not exactly patented by The Matrix. They just made it popular recently.
#18  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Metheawsome
I think it'd be funny if RT did ONE soap opera type episode.

You know, first you find out that the Elves and Trolls are really related.
Then you find out Bitterman has an Evil twin.
And the Evil Twin's pregnant.
And then the Text support guy wakes up and finds out it was all a dream (a la St. Elsewhere).
#19  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 WTF
Flub
I want to know a few things.

1. How did they get the game information off ?

2. Who does the voices ?

3. What program do they use to animate the mouth movements ?

4. Do they use the old RvB setup( Use a guy for the camera man), or do they use the specter system ?

5.What map has it taken place so far ?
#20  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zackr
In all honesty, its pure crap put into a box and sold.

he he, nice one. Whenever friends talk about using it I tell them to remember that it isn't an operating system yet - it's more like an operating obstruction. Give it a few years though... I might start using it by the time they get to service pack 2.

And yes, I agree that the Matrix is certainly not the only possible allusion. Though they could have just been referring to 'the one' and only vanilla sundae...
#21  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bryy
In reply to IAMAGOD, #17:

You missed me.

(+1 Zing)
#22  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
IAMAGOD
Huh?
#23  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
idiot45
In reply to ARTaylor, #3:

Very cool.
#24  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Usernamessux
i got a question. its not that i dont like the shadow run demo, im just wondering why is RvB straying away from halo?
#25  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Flub
In reply to Usernamessux, #25:

You mean Rooster Teeth right ? Well it's because Halo got old because everyone uses it.
#26  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
spartanxxxxx Sponsor
In reply to ARTaylor, #3:
THAT IS A COOL THING??
#27  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KrozeGG Forum Mod

Well, there is only so much you can do in one engine and with one story...
Of course they want to branch out a bit and try new things.
And no, they did not leave Halo just because everyone else uses it... there will still be more RvB after episode 100... just in a different form.
#28  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
xZ0MBIEx
"This time guys you can totally fuck everything up if you want to"
"Yeah sarcasm,that helps"

"I dont know dude,maybe because some positive reinforcement wouldnt be the end of the goddamn world"

lol,just my favorite quotes so far,I have a feeling im gonna like the trolls the most.
#29  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
ARTaylor

It's not that they're straying away from Halo. It's that more game developing companies are approaching RT asking them to make series, commercials, etc. RT's entire existence does not revolve around Halo. They're showing their versatility.
#30  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.