Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

klurejr
Should you be allowed to drive if you...Should you be allowed to have a license and drive a 4,000 pound vehicle if you can't manage to park it at low speeds between two white lines?

I wanna know how this person is able to change lanes on the freeway without ripping the sides of other cars off.

The car in the next spot over was pa...
#1  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 8 Ditto
1,670 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
WindowsRules
In reply to IA3471, #1439:

I want to buy a DeLorean at some point in my future. I'm certain that they're collectors items but they're still cheaper than a Diablo or a Countach.

They're making "new" DeLoreans out of the remaining spare parts and they're not cheap either.

The best thing is that a DeLorean won't try and kill me, it'll just borie me to death with a 0-60MPH time of 10.1 seconds. :-D
#1,441  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Scimitar7
In reply to WindowsRules, #1441:

Did you actually think Doc Brown was referring to the whole time travel thing when he said "when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit"?
#1,442  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
WindowsRules
In reply to Scimitar7, #1442:

Lol, I just noticed that I misspelt "bore" in my previous post. Normally I am quite good at catching mistakes like that - apologies.

Sadly that quote should have been
"when this baby eventually hits 88 miles per hour,
I love the DeLorean and I still want one, I just want to know how they managed to get the engine so wrong.
#1,443  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
burgundy
In reply to WindowsRules, #1443:

The engine isn't wrong. The fact that it's made of stainless steel and weighs 5k lbs or more is wrong.
#1,444  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
WindowsRules
In reply to burgundy, #1444:

It's not a light car is right but the engine was not up for the job. They put a 2.8 litre V6 PRV engine in which develops <= 150BHP which therefore means it does 0-60MPH in about 10 seconds.
#1,445  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
burgundy
In reply to WindowsRules, #1445:

And in the 80's thats a pretty high powered V6. I don't think they had much of a choice when the car was made.
#1,446  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
m00nweasel
Knob
#1,447  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
klurejr
In reply to m00nweasel, #1447:

What a tool.

This evening I was behind a woman who would not turn right at a red light where doing so is allowable by law. I honked at her and she looked in her rear view in a state of confusion. Meanwhile about 12 cars in the next lane over turned right on the red since there was no opposing traffic....... Time for a bus pass lady!
#1,448  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dedalus5150 Sponsor
#1,449  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
klurejr
In reply to dedalus5150, #1449:

I am assuming you are referring to the guy driving the car on the the highway, there is no way he should be looking behind him so much while traveling forward so fast.

As to the lady in the Kia in the center of the highway, she was having a medical condition attack of some sort and was not actually aware of what she was doing.
#1,450  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dedalus5150 Sponsor
In reply to klurejr, #1450:

I had no idea about any of that, but the kid driving the camera car was pretty messed being that distracted.
#1,451  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
klurejr
Here is the link, note the update at the bottom of the article.

jalopnik.com/5878570/and-this-winters-worst-driver-is
#1,452  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Scimitar7
Okay? So?

"Should you be allowed to drive if you can't keep your eyes on the road, even though you have a cameraman?"

Or were you guys referring to the Kia? =P
#1,453  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dedalus5150 Sponsor
I'm getting a decal

Should I get the "slower traffic" or "move over" one?

Post edited 4/08/12 12:26PM
#1,454  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Biolith
In reply to dedalus5150, #1454:

Slower traffic, clearly.
#1,455  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
burgundy
I would prefer "Move Over" rather than "Slower Traffic". The idea of the "Slower Traffic" one might surpass some people's understanding.
#1,456  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
dedalus5150 Sponsor
TRUF

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
#1,457  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
burgundy
In reply to dedalus5150, #1457:

Totally true. My biggest pet peeve are the ones that don't know what the MERGE sign means. I refuse to let them over. Or anyone trying to cut in line, for that matter.

Ironically, the other day I was stuck behind an accident, in the right lane. Traffic was pretty much at a stand still, but the bigger trucks and SUVs that could see were moving to the left. A reasonable person would make the assumption that the right lane is the one that is clogged, right? A lady in the left lane is trying to merge so damn hard she dang near hits me in the driver door. Now, I don't know where she expected me to go (maybe the ditch?), but I was NOT going to let her merge the opposite way that all of traffic was trying to merge.
#1,458  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
klurejr
Perhaps she know you were drawn to that ditch and only wanted to help you fulfill your dreams?

As to the merge thing and the cutting in line thing. I don't like when people think they have to merge 100 yards BEFORE the lane ends, just use the lane and merge as the line moves.

If there is a broken line, there is nothing wrong with crossing it further down the road, but if it is solid you better already be in line.
#1,459  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
burgundy
In reply to klurejr, #1459:

</3
#1,460  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
klurejr
#1,461  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 9 Funny
Biolith
In reply to klurejr, #1461:

... I have a sudden urge to throw a bunch of chalk in my trunk.
#1,462  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Funny
2006charger Wat
In reply to klurejr, #1461:

Bet he'll think twice about his parking next time!
#1,463  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dedalus5150 Sponsor
One of my fiancé's friends. This made me want to punch babies. Specifically his unborn one.
#1,464  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Funny
romalee
In reply to dedalus5150, #1464:

Crime: Vehicular Ignorance/Stupidity

Sentence: 1000 sledge hammers to the scrotum.
#1,465  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 5 Ditto
klurejr

oh wow, lack of smarts is evident in that post.
#1,466  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
IA3471
To be fair, the only legal requirement is to have them on when you have your wipers on. Otherwise they'd have to write you up for unsafe operation or whatnot.

But still, how hard is it to turn your lights on and off? Most new cars that don't have an automatic off for the lights have a chime anyway.

Stupid makes me angry.
#1,467  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
2006charger Wat

Take away his license ASAP!
#1,468  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
WindowsRules
In reply to IA3471, #1467:
But still, how hard is it to turn your lights on and off? Most new cars that don't have an automatic off for the lights

I've driven a car that turns the lights on and off automatically and I found it really annoying. For starters whenever it turns them on and off a *bong* noise tells you that it has just happened. This isn't so bad until you find that the fuel-warning *bong* sounds exactly the same.
#1,469  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
klurejr
In reply to WindowsRules, #1469:

What do you drive?

I have had a number of cars with auto-lights and never had any of them make a noise. That is kinda weird.
#1,470  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 48 ] [ 49 ] [ 50 ] ... [ 55 ] [ 56 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.