Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Charliez
Grifball.comHey there,

My name is Ben King and it is my greatest pleasure to introduce you to the official Grifball website. This site will be the HQ for the upcoming Winter League. You can look at the divisions, see the schedule of upcoming games and browse through ridiculously detailed statistics for both teams and players.

A lot of work has gone into this and I'd really like to hear your feedback. If you think something should be fixed, or something could be improved, please feel free to let me know either in email, PM or just posting in this thread. Unlike RoosterTeeth.com this site is going to see more periodical updates based on what the community says.

So go forth, enjoy the site, and stay in school.

- Ben
#1  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 15 Cool
77 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
jordanmdl
That is an amazing looking website! Great job on that Ben!

PS: I would register and all that but I am not in this Grifball tournament, nor am I in posession of an Xbox lol.

Post edited 1/04/08 8:04AM
#2  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Flamebait
GhostofFaith Milkman
Awesome site. I know that I and all the other Team Captains appreciate your hard work.
#3  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
burnie Cast & Crew
Fantastic job on the site, can't wait to see the games and stats start filling up.
#4  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
roneman90
Now I wish I had gotten into this grifball thing when it started.

Oh well...
#5  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PKnightCapt
Nice job on the site, easy to navigate, and use. Thanks for the awesome work.
#6  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MBRKO
That is an amazing site great job. I love how its easy to use.
#7  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Scottland
I'm actually more impressed with it than this site, mostly due to the "remember me" feture the site has.

2 suggestion.

Maybe allow players to write a wee bio about themselves, or something, and put stats on the players page (offical league stats of course).

Also, for the schedual page, I might change it so you can click on th division you want to view and view that divisions scheduale alone, instead of searching through a whole list of scheduales to find a specific game.

Just ideas etc etc, doesn't take away from the fact the site is great, not some half arsed effort thrown together.
#8  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Charliez
put stats on the players page

That in fact will happen once there are some stats to show from played games.
#9  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Scottland
In reply to Charliez, #9:

Ohh wait, I meant on the players personal page (i.e. my stats on my persnal profile page:http://www.grifball.com/user.php?uid=114, though that will be empty this season), I didn't mean the page named "players"(http://www.grifball.com/players.php), I guessed that all players stats was going in the latter page.

As an example, If I wanted to find Burnies stats, I could search for him in the Players page but also see his stats in his profile page(http://www.grifball.com/user.php?uid=2)

I hope this explains what I meant. I knew I did something wrong. Sorry for any confusion
#10  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
menz33
In reply to Charliez, #9:

That's awesome! Great site, I've been unable to stay off it ever since I signed up yesterday
#11  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TTLBallistic
Yeah, it is definitely easy to use. By this morning I was already in talks with the captains of the first two teams we are playing next week. Made things really easy for me. Thanks again.
#12  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
burnie Cast & Crew
Once the first set of matches is played, I can't imagine how much time I will spend in the stats pages.
#13  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
burnie Cast & Crew
I just added the GBWL Game Variant and GBWL Court to the Grifball files share. These are the official Variant and Map that should be used for all League games.

www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=grifball
#14  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
machinimarox
I really, really wish my dad would stop being stupid and let me have Xbox Live.
Granted I don't know whether or not I'd be good at Grifball...
#15  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
goodBEan
amazing, Just amazing

Also could you post up some pics and wallpapers of the grifball logo. I am going to get back to work on the trading cards and I would like to use the offical grifball logo instead of the grifball.org logo.

Here is some samples of what I did:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/goodbean/GAME/grifballcard2.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/goodbean/GAME/burniecard.jpg

In the player info section could you make a space for my cards, I would like to contribute them to the site. Also if anyone has any experience with photoshop cs 2 I will share the psd file I used to make them.
#16  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
Defender
Cool site, thanks for all the hard work!
#17  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
burnie Cast & Crew
In reply to goodBEan, #18:

Also could you post up some pics and wallpapers of the grifball logo.

Sure. Just give me some time and I will post a bunch of assets this weekend. I can do PSD so you have full layers to work with.
#18  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Phoenixrage Forum Mod
I am SOOO HAPPY with my second home away from my RvB home... it's like moving two hours away from the parents: close enough that you can go back and raid the fridge but not so close that it's like you're still living there ;P

You did an amazing job, Ben, specially with the time frame you worked with. Huge thumbs up. When the zombies come, feel free to grab a free weapon from my room's armory.

If there were two features I would want, it would be hyperlinking to a player's Halo 3 bungie.net profile and messaging. The latter not so much since I'm sure i'll do a lot of it through RvB anyway, but the former would be really awesome. I say this because it was a small time hassle to copy-paste every player's name that I was interested in background checking their Halo service record for analysis. All in all, I really like the color scheme and layout, it has a very clean and intuitive navigation to it and I like that stat tracker feature that's built into it (can't wait for matches so I can start filling it up!!!)

Ben, once again, awesome job ^_^

*edit: in case the part of being able to use player's stats as analysis, I would want the hyperlinks to more conveniently have access to game assets and the field maps that bungie.net gives access to for review. Leave it to the engi boys to be stat and data obsessed It's not something necessary (it would definitely be spoiling us... me at least ^_^), but it'd be nice to have

Post edited 1/04/08 3:52PM
#19  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
goodBEan
In reply to burnie, #20:
In reply to goodBEan, #18:

Sure. Just give me some time and I will post a bunch of assets this weekend. I can do PSD so you have full layers to work with.

I can have some definate fun with those layers. Thanks, I will return the favor.

VIVA LA GRIFBALL
#20  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Peenutty
This is an amazing website. Anybody intrested in a grifball pool using mod points? Grifball.com would make it really easy to do.
#21  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Mike Site Admin
...amazing.
#22  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TMRiddle1331
I am up and running : D
#23  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TMRiddle1331
So I guess no dedicated forum?
#24  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
goodBEan
BTW you need to watch episode 59 then update the history page.
#25  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Aglor
Woo! In honor of grifball.com, I made this quick little Grifball flag:

What do you guys think?
#26  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Phoenixrage Forum Mod
You know what's awesome? Being SO SMART and just noticing that link below the gamertag block that links directly to the bungie.net profile, like the one I asked would be cool if it were there.

My intelligence feels like it's around a tepid IQ of 70 right now lol

<3 Grifball.com
#27  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Charliez
That's because of your suggestion I added it in.
#28  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
lionexx
In reply to Charliez, #1:

It's a super sweet easy to use easy to look at site and i love it!

just like GB! LOVE IT!
#29  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Phoenixrage Forum Mod
*phew* okay, I'm back around my usual 150 then I felt so dumb when I was browsing around and saw it glaring at me in the face when I went to look up another person's stats later on after I had posted the suggestion lol
#30  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.