Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

datalaughing Forum Mod
Comic Book Movies IV: Here be DragonsWelcome to the fourth incarnation of the Comic Book Movies thread.

If you're interested, here are links to the previous threads:
Comic Book Movies
Comic Book Movies 2: The Sequel
and Son of Comic Book Movie Thread!

Now, read the rules:
Rule #1: Don't talk about fight club.
Rule #2: Have an ...
#1  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 93 Cool
196,066 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
datalaughing Forum Mod
In reply to megafire, #160397:

I think the implication is that you Dutch are cheap bastards, unwilling to pay for anyone but yourselves. Almost seems like, "Going scotch" might be a better stereotype, but I guess that could get confusing what with the drink and all.

Basically, if a woman tells you she wants to go dutch, it's probably not a come-on.
#160,321  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Zing!
megafire RogueOfFlame
In reply to datalaughing, #160398:

Yeah, that sounds pretty much accurate.
#160,322  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Juicebox777 Sponsor

I though "going Dutch" involved wooden shoes and plugging up holes with your finger.
#160,323  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
DiMono Site Admin

If a woman says she wants to go dutch, the correct reply is "No, it's okay, you can pay."
#160,324  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
datalaughing Forum Mod
In reply to Juicebox777, #160400:

Your dating life sounds weird.
#160,325  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
megafire RogueOfFlame
In reply to datalaughing, #160402:

What dating life?
#160,326  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
WendyDarling
In reply to megafire, #160403:

#160,327  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marksman_91 Sponsor
In reply to Qwirtle, #160387:

Yes... Had it kinda late in the game, though (happened within the last year, actually).

And also, there's this little something called "hyperbole"
#160,328  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Juicebox777 Sponsor
In reply to Marksman_91, #160405:

Hyperbole?

*stockpiles explosives and hides in bunk*
#160,329  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
THEPIO Sponsor
On the subject of paying checks:

I work in a restaurant, and the most aggravating thing any customer can do to me is fight over who gets to pay for the meal. Not only is it a waste of my time, you delay other customers and even make them leave the store.

It makes me want to beat you with your own wallet/purse.
#160,330  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ren19
Normally I like to pay my own way... but a co-work I eat lunch with has paid for my food on different occasions; once last week and the other on Valentine's Day. Both times I protested with a sentence then dropped it because people were waiting to pay. the last time I tried to give him his money back he told me to keep my stripper money. >_<

But, free food is free food. I might give a little protest, but I'm not going to fight you over it.
#160,331  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
EagleMan BSc BEd
In reply to MoreLikePuma, #160377:
So if I understand this right, Journals don't show up as alerts anymore.

So if enough of your friends post journals it's entirely possible for certain journals to be buried under the "Watching Channel", correct? I know there's little chance of that happening day to day depending on how often your watch lists posts... but let's say you leave for a few days, or a week even. Does that mean you have to check every single individual user's page and see if they've possibly posted a journal since you've been gone?

Unless I've missed some feature.
Yes, that's right. Go ditto this.
On the subject of paying checks:

I work in a restaurant, and the most aggravating thing any customer can do to me is fight over who gets to pay for the meal. Not only is it a waste of my time, you delay other customers and even make them leave the store.

It makes me want to beat you with your own wallet/purse.
One thing I saw recently was a guy and girl out on a date, and the girl wanted to go dutch, but the guy didn't want to let her. So, he went to the washroom, and on the way back he stopped at the bar to settle up. She notices as he's handing the cash and she tries to leap up and stop it, but she was too late. So she just thanked him and they kissed and left. Kinda sweet.
#160,332  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Chi_Mangetsu EmEffin TRex
In reply to megafire, #160397:

Basically, if a woman tells you she wants to go dutch, it's probably not a come-on.
Funny you should say that...
#160,333  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
THEPIO Sponsor
In reply to ren19, #160408:

Yeah, except when that protest turns into a 5 minute credit card shuffle that has someone leave the store.

In reply to EagleMan, #160409:

And when that girl grabs the money and hides it in her purse? Is it still sweet when I have to wait for someone to decide who wants to foot the bill? I don't get paid enough to watch lovebirds squabble like idiots over a $4 bill.
#160,334  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
ren19
In reply to THEPIO, #160411:

got to get out of the fast food business. They will kill you. Hence why you will never see me go back to KFC... hell If i find a better job, I would never go back to Walmart as well. Retail and Fast Food, the cancers of today's jobs
#160,335  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to ChipperHalf, #160378:

that makes me wanna have a side relationship with you. My wife and I could use the financial help

In reply to ChipperHalf, #160393:

yeah, this settles it. Come be the Sugarmomma for me and my wife! You'll have a great time!
#160,336  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
MoreLikePuma
In reply to the "Going dutch" discussion. It should be renamed the "Everyone pays for their own shit regardless of gender".

Ever since women got the right to vote and be equal parts of the work force they rescinded the "right" to a free meal, by a "gentleman".

You can keep "Ladies' night" because clubs use that to attract more people. More women means more horny dudes trying to take advantage of their lower inhibitions. And who am I to tell a business owner how to do things.

Sure, I'll buy you a bunch of dollar shots. Cheaper than dinner...

In reply to ren19, #160412:

got to get out of the fast food business. They will kill you. Hence why you will never see me go back to KFC... hell If i find a better job, I would never go back to Walmart as well. Retail and Fast Food, the cancers of today's jobs

What a round-about way of saying you're not going to go back into the kitchen... we've talked about this.

This post has been brought to you by the Department of Chauvinism.

#160,337  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
rekon59
In reply to ren19, #160412:

I'll go back to Wal-Mart when I'm old. Hell, they pay people to be fucking greeters! I shit you not, there's a lady at our Wal-mart that 75% of the time, shes asleep on a stool if you walk in. She's getting paid! That sounds like a sweet job to me!
#160,338  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 5 Funny
EagleMan BSc BEd
In reply to EagleMan, #160409:

And when that girl grabs the money and hides it in her purse? Is it still sweet when I have to wait for someone to decide who wants to foot the bill? I don't get paid enough to watch lovebirds squabble like idiots over a $4 bill.
I get that, but that wasn't the case here. By the time she got up there, the server already had the money, so she graciously accepted the meal and they left.

BTW, Success! And, you're welcome.
#160,339  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
WendyDarling
I bet Black Widow never pays for anything...cause she's just that sexy

#160,340  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 9 Ditto
jedipoet
Two: Gambits of a Mad Man
The Director sat looking at his new roommate, in his garish looking orange jumpsuit and his stupid hat. The Director took that back, he liked the hat and was simply envious of its owner. He continued his dissection of the man sitting across the table from him; he had arrived unannounced early in the morning, with his loud orange outfit, his smart looking hat, a ring and a deck of regulation playing cards.

“Do you have any eights?” The man in orange asked.

“Go fish, you white devil,” came the bearded man’s terse response.

The Director again ran through his list of quantifiables about his new roommate. The atrocious orange jump suit indicated he had transferred from the general population. He could be an assassin sent to kill him or a pawn moved for a later gambit. The hat was equal parts scholarly and roguish; it gave the appreance of a man who could take care of business while maintaining an air of academic righteous indignation. The ring is what gave him pause, he recognized it but it lacked any of the grandeur of its counterpart. Puzzling. Lastly, an ordinary deck of cards; the people of this prison were rare to hold on to items from the outside, they were only reminders of a world that no longer existed for them and never would.

“Do you have any Kings?” Asked the bearded man..

“No I do not. Go fish,” the man in orange replied causing the bearded man to draw a card.

The Director stroked his long beard as he sat contemplating his new roommate, whose terrible, terrible orange jumpsuits clashed with his immaculate white walls, white furnishing and more importantly his white jumpsuit. This, the Director most certainly did not like, but he would not hold it against the man whom he had yet to make his mind up about.

“Do you have any fours?” Orange asked.

“Bawhahahahahahahahahahahah. Go fish,” the bearded man replied laughingly.

The man in orange drew a card from the pile, placing it in his hand; he cocked an eyebrow and returned his gaze to his opponent and wondered what he had done to deserve this. The bearded man certainly was cracked and he would need to tread lightly. He sighed to himself unsure if it could be worse or if this was just the quite before the storm.

“Do you have any sixes?” Asked the bearded man his excitement palpable.

The man in orange took a card from his hand and slid it across the table as the man in white greedily added it to his hand before laying down his four sixes. “Gin Rummy!!!”

“I don’t believe we were playing that game nor do I believe that’s how it’s played,” the man in orange replied dryly.

“Don’t make me get my knife and get stabby,” the bearded man said his eyes wild with savage rage. “I likes to get stabby.”

The lock to the cell disengaged, shattering the tension and drawing their attention to it. You could hear a pin drop in the sudden stark absence of sound. The pair looked at each other, silently agreeing they would make a break for it.

“Jesus Christ Fools!” Erok bellowed bursting through the door a file folder in his hand. “Where the hell did you get this intel? If it’s true, we’re fucked!”

The bearded man grinned at the arrival of his friend but if turned to a quick frown, “I asked for explosions and sirens. This is a jail break, sir.” Fools replied his forehead furrowed in a mock scowl. “And who is this scoundrel with the hat, he seems shifty.”

“His name’s Data and if this intel is right we’re going to need all the help we can get.”

“Very good,” Fools replied, turning his attention to Data, “May I ask, what is that magnificent hat?”

“It’s my fedora.”
#160,341  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 7 Funny
megafire RogueOfFlame
In reply to jedipoet, #160418:

A dramatic game of 'Go Fish'?

You trully are a brilliant man, sir.
#160,342  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
In reply to megafire, #160419:

Or just really, really, really high.
#160,343  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
jedipoet
In reply to megafire, #160419:

I'm glad you're enjoying it sir.
#160,344  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SpiderWolve HppyBdayKobi
In reply to jedipoet, #160421:

I for one look forward to more.

Love the idea, had been brain storming something similiar but couldn't figure out where or how to start or to go with it, well done
#160,345  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
jedipoet
In reply to SpiderWolve, #160422:

Thanks. This idea has took on many forms, including a vs which is where the characters came from because I was going to do the posters of page 5098 vs the posters on 5099. At one point I had an idea to do a chess game set across a fictional city, but let's be honest I'm not smart enough or diligent enough to pull that off. Though due to the nature of the threat I had to add to special guests who didn't post on those pages.
#160,346  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
JayCee ImperalBaker
Just got done watching Real Steel, awesome movie.
#160,347  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
SpiderWolve HppyBdayKobi
In reply to JayCee, #160424:

Told you.
#160,348  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
This does not bode well.

Post edited 3/03/12 12:20PM
#160,349  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JayCee ImperalBaker
In reply to SpiderWolve, #160425:

Never doubted, just never got around to watching it. Had a chance to see it up on a cinema digital projector and took it.
#160,350  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 5344 ] [ 5345 ] [ 5346 ] ... [ 6535 ] [ 6536 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.