You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

powerbomb141 Pray 4 Allie
How do you relabel a hard drive?I did a search on the forum, google and yahoo and did not come up with an answer that would also solve my problem.

I am running Windows XP, I believe the second version. Don't know much about the other specs, bought it new from Dell a few years ago when it caem standard with 512 mb of ram and an 80 hard drive.

I have two external hard drives and somehow the usb cord to one of them (250 gig Western Digital) fell out and that drive went from being the E drive to G drive. So how can I change it back to being the E drive?

I tried using the hyper terminal and couldn't figure how to work that when I don't have a phone number for the home. And I tried doing it through computer management but couldn't even find the option to simply change the name.

So How do you relabel my hard drive?

Thanks.

Post edited 6/08/08 8:19PM
#1  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
7 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Finding_Emo
Go into MMC chose "disk management" Up the top right click on the drive you with to re-letter. Choose "change drive letter and paths" Click the HDD you want, click "change" choose your new drive letter. Click ok and your done
#2  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
What's MMC?

Got it. Everything works properly again. Problem solved. Thanks.

Post edited 6/08/08 9:02PM
#3  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dragonbanez
So How do you relabel my hard drive?

You buy a some sticky notes, peel of the current label, and then replace it.
I"MAH PC EXPORT!
#4  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 5 Noob
CursedKnives
In reply to powerbomb141, #3:

Since I basically have the same problem I'll restate the question. What's MMC?

Have a program partially hardcoded to use the H drive (bad idea), which is now labeled E.
#5  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
In reply to CursédKnives, #5:

For me it's still called "Computer Managment". I go to the start menu, right click on "My computer" and choose "Manage". He simply gave me a different direction then what I had read on another place. His worked for me.
#6  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
CursedKnives
In reply to powerbomb141, #6:

Ok, thanks.
#7  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.