Greetings. Just thought I'd post a few suggestions I've been saying in the chat itself... with 200 to 600 other people.
1. Possible 'click and apply' filters that make specific people highlight more distinct from others, or even hide specific people if personally (others may not think) think they're spamming (kind of like a block for chat). Edit: or even just a field on the side that acts as a search, and when it lists the possible names you're referring to you can click "Options" or something and sellect "Enhance" or "Block". Enhance could make their text be green for easier viewing, block could totally block or even shrink their font. Something tells me this may be too complicated.
2. When a video is being streamed, have (possibly an option, in case there are some with lower resolutions) the chat on the side to the video as I feel that due to the frequency of people talking (even with Slow option) the chat window isn't big enough. This will benefit wide screen users too as they have more lateral space. Ads can go below the video
3. Possibly have a non-interactable chat window for messages that are specifically for you (ie have your name highlighted) or for staff posts only
4. Already asked, but a countdown timer to the next scheduled streaming. Ben (or was it Nathan) already said they tried that before and decided against it, but if it's possible in some way (or even have some countdown mechanic that tells you the time based on users system clock... many sites do that) due to daylight savings issues and other time zone issues between users
5. Maybe a small section on the side to list the staff members present in the chat so we know how to spell your name (for highlighting reasons) and know who to talk to
A downloadable copy of the entire chat would be nice.
Sometimes I ask questions about production, and I could misread replies. Takes too long to copy and paste it, but with your superduper computers or some logging system could get a copy for us? It'll be like a transcript :D
Do you guys ship out to AOP and FPO address's for thoughs of us over sea? If so it would help to have that as an option in the shipping page. If not you really should so that those serveing can still enjoy the spoils you have to offer.
Easier Replies It gets to be a pain typing out some peoples names when they have numbers, underscores, or they are just freaking long. Perhaps if you click on a persons name instead of bringing you to their page it could auto fill their name into the message box. Or even if you clicked the star next to their name. Something to make replying easier.
Differentiating your own username Also because the chat goes by pretty fast it can be easy to lose your place. When scrolling back to see what I missed it can get confusing, so I use my replies as a marker point. But when everyone's names are all red, it can be hard to spot your own name scrolling. Perhaps if everyone's names remained red but yours was blue. This way it would be easier to make sense of it all.
Otherwise its a fun way to pass the time before a screening. Reminds me of when people would hang out in the comment section before a video would post.