You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

CaptMagic
How to not get mad after you die in gamethis thread is for people to vent there rage after they die, or lose in a video game, this is were you can come and leave tips on how to cool off after a big loss in Black-ops, or getting endlessly getting hit in the face with a Sticky in halo. POST AWAY FELLOW GAMERS, post away.
#1  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Cool
61 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Toneydef
I turn off the game as soon as I get annoyed. Also proper breathing and telling yourself: "it's just a game" helps. If you get annoyed go play something relaxing or play a game on your own (not MP)
#2  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
King89
I tend to go for excessive swearing and screaming at the screen. Its only when I get stuck on something for hours I ever get that bad though. I've busted up a fair few controllers throwing them too, still have a dent in my bedroom wall from a PS2 controller. I realise launching controllers isn't the best method to let the anger out, but as soon as you realise you've broken a controller, you suddenly don't really care that you just died for the six hundredth time.
#3  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
Landon Le Cat Gifs
I typically don't get mad after games, I'm typically frustrated right after a dumb kill/death.

I just sigh and keep playing when the game ends.
#4  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
SpartanJ91
i smoke haha
#5  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
SpartanJ91
In reply to SpartanJ91, #5:

by the way, kids don't smoke...haha i'm just fucking with ya, do what ever you like!
#6  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Miles84
In reply to Toneydef, #2:

Sometimes single player games are just as bad. I swear to God I came close to throwing my DS many times because of some of the toughest boss battles in Castlevania or ridiculously hard campaign missions in Advance Wars. In such cases, I turn the game off and put in something else that is less likely to be frustrating.
#7  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
Toneydef
In reply to Miles84, #7:

True I have that too.. sometimes the best solution is to complete unplug yourself from gaming and go for a walk or something.
#8  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
hedleschiken Sponsor
I don't get mad for dying...unless its a computer related problem like low FPS due to something suddenly popping up in the background like Windows Activation or someone MSNing me. Besides, I'd rather get even.
#9  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JChurch13 Not JFK
I usually go eat something, which actually isn't a good alternative.
#10  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
Delamare
I always die in Halo Multiplayer, usually coming about last in the rankings. I just jump around and explore the the maps, appreciate the graphics, calms me down quick enough.
#11  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
Toneydef
In reply to Delamare, #11:

Until you get killed exploring :P I used to do that in WoW when doing PvP or heroics. Just ignore everybody and run around doing on my mount doing nothing.
#12  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
SB1
Grenade spamming in Call of Duty 2 MP or any other similar situations. Sometimes I wonder why I play in the first place; if some camper 'nades us in our spawn.

First crappy death you get, disconnect from the server. Its just not worth it.
#13  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
ZombieKami
Drink, throw controller leaving console on & go watch a movie whilst my guy die's over & over.
#14  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
xixNayRxix Sponsor
I normally don't get too frustrated with video games. When I do it's normally in a competitive FPS like Halo. Luckily in when I die in Halo, I normally know why and I can usually realize what I did wrong and how to be better.

The only time where I will get really annoyed is when I just start off bad. I normally just give in to that and start doing terrible for the rest of the game. If I start off good, I normally keep that momentum throughout the game.
#15  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
AndrewK
Just about to the point I want to give up multiplayer, because between being stuck in matches with people that are way better than me, and getting taunted by so-called friends, and not in friendly gestures, it ruins the whole experience for me. I can put up with with the verbal crap, but I hate going into a match and knowing from the start screen I'm going to lose. But then again, I do have an affinity for, how you say, taking them with me.

The only way I can think of how to not get mad at it is to just simply stop playing it. It's not a matter of trying to get better, because if you're like me and have been playing Halo online since Halo 2, and haven't gotten any better since your first days, chances are you probably never will. That's why I've traditionally stuck with playing the SP or Co-Op modes in games.
#16  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Red_Rain
i cuss a lot when gaming and if i get tired of random bullshit, i turn off my xbox and walk out of the room regardless of what i was doing.
#17  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
MASTER131313
I stop playing and I watch a funny movie to kill my anger it's a good advice you should try
#18  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
MrSlinkerton
Get drunk.
#19  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
sleepy566
Yeah whenever I start to get mad I start drinking. I'm not sure if it calms me or distracts me, but it works.
#20  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
MrSlinkerton
In reply to sleepy566, #20:

Alcohol is a natural depressant, so it acts as a calming agent. Until you build a natural tolerance, at which point you just become an angry drunk. ala Gus....no wait he's angry all the time. Disregard this post.
#21  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Delirium1138
I punch fans apparently. Doesn't actually help my rage, but it gets my anger out on something that won't break easily. (I'm surprised the thing still works to be honest.)
#22  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Nand
Alot of "FUCKS!" and "MOTHERFUCKERS!" come out of my mouth.

Otherwise, if I'm too bent out of shape, I'll go outside for a smoke.

Black Ops MP brings out the worst in me.
#23  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
LTedd
After getting mad I relax by getting off the game and proceed to do something productive. Do some paperwork, go outside and take a jog, read some book I got at Borders for half off (they went out business and had major discounts, went on shopping spree) or stare into my fireplace and contemplate revenge on those CoD players.
#24  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Scourgewar
I just drop the F bomb and go out and shoot my .22 mag rifle
#25  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
endosun
Change class - M60 light machine gun - Unload on anything that moves
#26  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
CaptMagic
In reply to endosun, #26:

Even if the thing that moves is some one on your team?
#27  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
RainbowDash Sponsor
We had a clan, as you do. There was one person specifically who rages, and heck was it fun winding him up. Anyway, myself and the leader of the clan were chill all the time. We found it impossible to rage at all. The method we used to get like this is as follows:
You die/something stupid happens.
Put your controller on your lap.
Take your hands off the controller and wiggle them/stretch them.
Take a few deep breaths, pick up the controller and go back into the game with the mind set of: "I am going to win."

I never rage anymore, but I barely used to to start off with.
#28  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Kluke Sponsor
Film your gameplay, record an angry commentary and post the video on the internet...

...For some reason I have the feeling this has already been done.
#29  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
Foster115
I hit the chocolate milk like most men do beer. That always calms me down.
#30  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.