Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Ben Cast & Crew
Games Page Beta FeedbackPlease submit yo.
#1  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 6 Cool
80 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Bravo0777
*submitted "yo"*
#2  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 19 Funny
PeteG Wannabe
Stylistically, I like this a lot more than the old games page! Cleaner and fits more with other pages of the site
#3  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DiMono Site Admin
I clicked on the first game, went to the Games Page Beta (looks awesome, btw), and clicked on the XBox360 link, and the URL went all crazy with HTML code and the achievement area went blank, and then after a while the page gave up on whatever it was trying to do and showed the achievements again. And the XBox360 link was gone.
#4  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
TheRecreator
The "achievement completed" checkbox seems finicky. Whenever I click the checkbox while on the beta page, it takes me to the achievement page instead of saving the achievement to the list of completed achievements.
#5  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 16 Ditto
DzPshr13
In reply to TheRecreator, #5:

I'm having issues with this too. It sends me to the comment page and doesn't save the check.
#6  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Redlaw25 Sponsor
videos don't load all the time when you click them on the main page. And the comment do take a long time to load. I'm using chrome that maybe why.
#7  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NorseScorpio StrangeThing
I really like the new look.
#8  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Sabrekun Sponsor
When I tried to click on a video a black white box kept following me as a scrolled down.. I couldn't watch anything for the longest time. Came on today and it went away. Haven't been on AH in 2 days because of that.
#9  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dark54555 Site Admin
The "achievement completed" checkbox seems finicky. Whenever I click the checkbox while on the beta page, it takes me to the achievement page instead of saving the achievement to the list of completed achievements.

Firefox 4.01, same problem. And if you return to the game page, it doesn't remember achievements checked on the beta page. It does, however, remember achievements checked on the old game page. (occurs the same on both RT.com and AH.com)

And I agree, the new page layout is pretty solid. Would be nice if there was an easier way to get to the games page from the RT skin/site, though.
#10  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
Mike Site Admin
Trophies are showing a numerical value instead of bronze, silver, etc. Also the "Submit Tile" button for achievements and star ratings seem to be missing.

I'm loving the new page design by the way!

Post edited 5/20/11 6:11PM
#11  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
Tudor Forum Mod
Well, at the moment there's no way to submit achievement tiles that I can see.
Also, the PS3 pages is no longer changing the trophy score into bronze, silver etc. which I think most PS3 owners would prefer to see.

God damnit Mike!

Post edited 5/20/11 6:00PM
#12  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Funny
Dawkin
When I load a game I see all the coding in the address bar - that might need tidying up later down the line.

Also, when I swap tabs within a game e.g. 360 to PC, the new achievement list is faded out and doesn't become "solid" again.

Design looks good though!

I have this problem in the old version of the games page.

Post edited 5/20/11 6:07PM
#13  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JeffFrancom Sponsor
Brilliant. I love everything about the new layout. Can't wait to see it fully pushed!
#14  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Enigma512
I love the sleek design. I miss having highlighted links for videos on the achievements themselves. Having the different color and link on the old pages helped me find the help videos quickly.
#15  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Enigma512
Also I noticed that the tiles for the PS3 are showing even though they are the same as for other platforms.
#16  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marc Backlogged
I haven't noticed any issues and I like it a lot. The only things I would like to see added to it is the ability to rate the difficulty of achievements again and a more distinct mark to see which achievements you've already completed other than just the check box.
#17  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
benwa hashtag
Achievements with special characters are not showing up correctly.
(ex: achievementhunter.com/games/comments.php?id=74185)

Tested with Chrome 13, Firefox 4, and IE9 on Win7 with en-us as the locale.
#18  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
bobyblue12
I like it
#19  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Joe
I'm not sure if it's like this for other AH Admins, but I can't see the green highlight on achievements which have submitted tiles for them.

Also, no blue highlight for achievements with a submitted vid guide.
#20  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ultimazero
I will say that the new layout is pretty slick and easy on the eyes. I really like it.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't even realize that the game pages had links to the AH videos because I never scrolled down to the bottom of the pages. And why would I? The actual achievement stuff doesn't interest me as I don't have an Xbox 360. It's nice that the videos are easier for the casual AH user to find now.
#21  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
gruntfire Sponsor
It would be nice to have a tab for it on the other skins/homepages.
#22  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
madwun
I like the new look, very familiar for users of the RT site.

I would like the option to tag achievements with stuff like Collectable or Spoiler and be able to hide achievements with spoilers in the name/description.
Maybe it could use a similar tag system to the rest of the site, but tags would be selected from a list to avoid spam.
#23  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
megalo
I like the new look, it matches the video browsing change that was made a while back. However, the list and thumbnail images of all the games I've checked that I'm playing (Games I'm Playing) isn't part of the new look and I miss them.

Also, I noticed that the achievement icons have a little border around them in the beta and as I looked in the other tabs I began to notice that everything has that same little border. I don't seem to remember this border being around everything and maybe it's okay that it's not around everything.

Lastly, if a border has to be put around everything (avatar, images, icons, ect.) I'd actually prefer it with a smaller stroke. There's also a perfect example already being used somewhere in the website. It's the Games I'm Playing section of my profile. Bigger image, smaller border looks pro in my opinion.
#24  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Matthew0007
I am a fan of this new look!
#25  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
seveninches
Brilliant change to the games page! It is so much easier to find video guides with the tabs up the top. Also, I had felt for a while now that, stylistically, the games page was definitely falling behind the rest of the site. It's nice to see it updated to it's new, sleeker self. Thank you!
#26  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
inweb Sponsor
As other people have mentioned, the achivments for playstation 3 show up as numbers from 1-4, not trophies.
Looks great though, keep up the good work!
-inweb
#27  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Samba_p Browncoat
Have you fixed the "games I'm playing" section yet, on my profile it says 64 games, I'm not playing 64 games and everytime I delete a bunch of games from the page they come back 2-3 days after. Alot of people have this problem.And this relates to a might be problem in the beta.

So I looked at Brinks page in this new beta thing, it says that 175 people are playing it. So are 175 people playing it or have 175 people played it at some point but maybe aren't playing it anymore? This is important to know if you want to find anyone to boost with for example.

Another example, King Kong has 887 players, I'm pretty sure 887 people aren't playing King Kong.

It might be supposed to tell you how many people bought the game, or it is a way for finding people to play with? Because if it is it will be a bitch trying to find people that are active players of the game, not just played it at some point but isn't anymore.

Other than that it looks really cool.
#28  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tonyski Fck It Im In
In reply to Samba_p, #28:

it caches the info from your Gamercard to see what games you've played recently. can't get rid of those games but you can add some if you wish.
#29  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Samba_p Browncoat
In reply to tonyski, #29:

the key word being "RECENTLY", most games in peoples "games I'm playing" haven't been played recently. I remember a time when this worked and people only had 6-7 games played recently, so why doesn't it anymore?
#30  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.