[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Drazsyr Domo Kunt
Halo 4I'll start off by saying:

Thank you for bringing back the Chief.

Post edited 6/10/11 3:36PM
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 105 Ditto
20,777 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
BlackPenguin Guardian x4
I saw that guy's avatar thumbnail in my alerts, and I knew right away the post was gonna be some bs.
#4,681  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
Speed5ter69
In reply to BlackPenguin, #4681:

Same. I just looked at his fake stash and i knew it was a troll.

Whats with all the trolls having a picture of them selfs wearing a mustash these days?
#4,682  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
jscholfield DBAH
In reply to Speed5ter69, #4682:

It's to try and make sure they don't look like a bunc of little 8 year olds.
#4,683  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Speed5ter69
In reply to jscholfield, #4683:

Well it sure gives their ego a big upgrade....
#4,684  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
emPtysp4ce
In reply to D00ughBoy, #4677:

Maybe right- and left-handed controls. That's something.
#4,685  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jake Im a Sponsor
In reply to emPtysp4ce, #4685:

yeah i thought that sounded like a very nice and valuable find, but im not gonna post links anymore since apparently its a bother to people in this forum
#4,686  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SHP
In reply to D00ughBoy, #4677:

If you do it again I am forced to use my motha fukin dinosaur.
#4,687  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
FBLegacy Sponsor
What if cortana does what church does is RvB season 8 and puts herself into a robot body! that would be awesome but also a little weird seeing cortana fighting bye your side hahah
#4,688  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
bradleykins Coast2Coast
In reply to FBLegacy, #4688:

Season 8? Church has been in a robot body for every single season he has been in. Same with Tex.
#4,689  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 8 Zing!
Sibwarra208

Yeah, that would be interesting.

In reply to bradleykins, #4689:
But yeah, I think you missed that, FB. that was him the whole time.

#4,690  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
jscholfield DBAH

What if the forunners put cortana into a moniters body to save her from rampancy?
#4,691  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
emPtysp4ce
In reply to jscholfield, #4691:

Somehow, I doubt they'd care that deeply.
Plus, it'd be really creepy.
#4,692  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Hallickdnd

i have a strange feeling that all the moniters are somewhat rampant in their own way
#4,693  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 5 Ditto
mariioow

puting her on a monitor's body won't save her from rampancy cause she just changed bodies
#4,694  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
quyman Sponsor
So we all saw the new video on waypoint it the multiplayer has a back story, I think that it will be at least drawn from the RvB world at least hinting to it, whos with me

PS sorry if this has been brought up
#4,695  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Shoot_Here
In reply to quyman, #4695:

Yeah, one dude said they think so. But the rest of us have brains.

J/k, yeah that'd be cool.
#4,696  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Flamebait
Jake Im a Sponsor
In reply to Shoot_Here, #4696:

i feel alil hate directed at me on that one :[
#4,697  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Lame
quyman Sponsor
They were kind of cryptic but I like to think that RvB is just this close to being canon. it would make sense that there would be more they one attempt to make a super solder
#4,698  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
quyman Sponsor
In reply to Shoot_Here, #4696:

what page is that
#4,699  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
rePETER
Here's my guess at the plot
On earth the victory over the covenant has come at a huge price, so once humanity gets back on it's feet, people start to rebel. Like in the past, the UNSC turns to ONI for help and Colonel Ackerson (creator of the spartan IIIs) Creates spartan IVs. When earth starts to expand their reach once again, they find the planet Chief is on and find him fighting. Whom? monitors and, in the end, a precursor(Featured in the newest novel halo cryptum) . I think that since there is only 1 precursor, the trilogy will go much like the original Star Wars. First believing that humanity has won, then losing and learning more about the enemy, and finally, Defeating the enemy in the end. I have no reason for the reds and blues fighting, but this is a guess so take it as you will.
#4,700  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Radius55 Site Admin
In reply to rePETER, #4700:

Ackerson is dead. Also, you ought to read Glasslands.
#4,701  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
IkeBlues
In reply to mariioow, #4694:

Yes. Now all you've given her is a body to go insane in that has a laser eye.
#4,702  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jake Im a Sponsor
In reply to rePETER, #4700:

if you watched the legendary ending of Halo 3, Cortana says that she dropped a beacon, but it will be a while before anyone finds them. Halo 4 takes place 5 years later, so i dont think they will stumble upon MC and Cortana by accident. and like Radius55 said, Ackerson is dead.

If you read the book, you would know that the first active Spartan 4s were already deployed by 2553, which was they year the Human-Covenant War ended. Some of them were temporarily assigned to the UNSC Infinity before it was scheduled to launch. The Infinity was a starship technology demonstrator, likely using recovered technologies found during the war against the Covenant Empire and/or from Forerunner facilities and installations. The crew onboard of the infinity consisted of several SPARTAN-IV.Now also if you read the books, you would know that 343 Guilty Spark took over the UNSC Infinity so that he could find the Librarian.

My assumption is that the Librarian is hiding where MC and the UNSC Foward Unto Dawn land, 343 Guilty Spark will make his way their with the Spartan 4s onboard of the Infinity, and once the Infinity reaches the new planet, they will contact the UNSC and the ONI and thats when they will make there way to help out. That is also where MC is going to get the upgraded guns and his new armor. ***Speculation*****
#4,703  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
Jake Im a Sponsor

that is a picture of the UNSC Infinity from the Halo 4 Concept Art as well as an unidentified vessel above the surface of an unidentified planet.
#4,704  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Lame
DumpsterMutt KCCO

In reply to bradleykins, #4689:

Its an interesting concept. I've got to think that something will happen to save Cortana from going rampant; I know we played the majority of Halo 3 with no Cortana (sort of) but it would be odd to not have her be there in Halo 5 or 6.
#4,705  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
rePETER
In reply to D00ughBoy, #4703:

In reply to Radius55, #4701:

I will read glasslands then. Thanks for the clarification.
#4,706  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jake Im a Sponsor
In reply to rePETER, #4706:

no problem :D enjoy, its a great book.

In reply to DumpsterMutt, #4705:

I have a theory behind that;

In Halo 2's story mode, Cortana was tortured immensely by the Gravemind. and for those of us that actually watch RvB, the Alpha was also tortured immensely by Dr. Church, who is the director of the freelancer program. now after the Alpha was tortured by the Director, it fractured its self to protect its self, and split its self into different segments/AI which all inherited one trait each from the alpha.
Do you think that, possibly, Cortana will do the same sometime in the trilogy? i too find it would be weird playing Halo with MC and without Cortana, so maybe when she goes completely rampant, she will fragment herself like the Alpha did? kind of like an Epsilon-Cortana kind of AI? Also, as a side note, Burnie (the creator of Red Vs Blue) confirmed that in the RvB Universe, Dr. Church worked with/under Dr. Halsey at some point, and for those of you that dont know, The Alpha was based off of Dr. Church and Cortana was based off of Dr. Halsey.

rvb.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha#Alpha

"Agent Washington has stated that Alpha is/was a "smart" AI, which would make it similar to Cortana. Now, however, it's current state is that of Church, in which many of the personality traits (including but not limited to rage, deception, logic, marksmanship, and creativity) have been separated into alternate AI's for field use. Personality traits of individual AIs may or may not have been copied from Alpha, as they could either be side-effects of being copied or of rampancy."

Now im not saying that the Stories will really meet eachother, im saying that the storys might have some type of relation. Alpha fragmented its personality traits into different A.I.s due to being tortured and possible rampancy. Cortana has been tortured, as i stated earlier, and is going rampant, so there is a possibility she might do the same.

#4,707  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Noob
Sibwarra208
In reply to D00ughBoy, #4707:

we've been discussing that for a few pages now...
and said that basic theory repeatedly.
#4,708  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jake Im a Sponsor
In reply to Sibwarra208, #4708:

well it seemed to work with what was said prior. that wouldn't necessarily save her but she, or like epsilon-cortana, would then still be of use throughout the rest of the trilogy.
#4,709  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 WTF
Jake Im a Sponsor
In reply to Sibwarra208, #4708:

i also didnt mean to spam
#4,710  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 156 ] [ 157 ] [ 158 ] ... [ 692 ] [ 693 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.