Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
The Elder Scrolls V: SkyrimDiscussion for what is my personal most anticipated game of 2011. Oblivion remains my only (thus far) game that I have all achievements for, and I won't be surprised if Skyrim is second.

Without further ado, discuss!

Post edited 8/13/11 8:05PM
#1  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 6 Ditto
617 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
DarkZero515 Sponsor
In reply to TBSWK, #1:

Never played an Elder Scrolls game but this one looks great. Would buy the previous one to be caught up in the story but really tight on cash considering all the games that are coming out.
#2  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to DarkZero515, #2:

I don't really think the stories are connected that much. I dove into the Oblivion without ever touching the previous ones, and I didn't feel like I missed a beat. You can pick up Oblivion Game of the Year with all the DLC for probably less than $40 though, if you're interested.
#3  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TomS
I am definitely looking forward to Skyrim. I think what I'm most excited about is what Skyrim's new engine means for the Fallout series, since they both belong to Bethesda. Fallout really needs an upgrade in the graphics department and what we've seen of the game play in Skyrim has blown my mind.

My one concern is that Bethesda is very good at making it's games look prettier than they actually are and so far being pretty is all I know about Skyrim.
#4  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to TomS, #4:

They've really revamped the way you have side quests. I'm not sure on the full details, but each player is definitely going to have a very unique experience, as the game will generate unique scenarios and side quests based on how you play the game, or something like that.
#5  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
Lo_Battery
Skyrim is definitely on my list of games to get.

What's the story with this one? I didn't pay much attention to the storyline in Oblivion.
#6  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
morganw
In reply to Lo_Battery, #6:

Skyrim is set two hundred years after the events of Oblivion, in the land of Skyrim. The province has erupted into civil war after the assassination of its king. Concurrently, the god Alduin, who takes the form of a massive dragon, has arisen to destroy the world. The player character is one of the last living Dovahkiin (Dragonborn), and must fend off Alduin and save Skyrim from destruction.

Thank you, Wikipedia.
#7  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to Lo_Battery, #6:

The story of oblivion was that the Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon begins his escape from his Daedric realm into the land of Cyrodil through gates to Oblivion. The main character has to close the gates and defeat Dagon in order to return peace to the land.

Thank you, memory. :3
#8  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
morganw
In reply to TBSWK, #8:

Oblivion is easily one of the best games ive ever played. Hopefully skyrim will be able to live up to its expectations.
#9  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Ditto
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to morganw, #9:

I honestly don't know why the RT staff rag on it so much. The ability to fast travel to any of the major cities, even before you've visited them is amazingly convenient.

Going back to Skyrim, I'm particularly excited about customizing dragon shouts and "duel wielding" spells.
#10  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
morganw
In reply to TBSWK, #10:

Yeah, dual wielding spells will be badass! Ive watched a lot of the gameplay videos, and it looks amazing!
#11  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Boyles93 Sponsor
I am so excited for Skyrim, I will be dead to the world on 11/11/11. I love that they are doing the duel wielding for this one. Plus they got rid of the class system which I'm happy about. That was the one thing in Oblivion that I didn't like.
#12  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to Boyles93, #12:

Have you seen the trailer for the movie Immortals? They totally ripped off the 11/11/11 thing. The Words in the movie title turn sideways to make the 11's and the * thingys look really similar to the ones in the Skyrim trailer.
#13  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
morganw
In reply to TBSWK, #13:

Bethesda should sue them lol
#14  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
TomS
Big hope for this game is that they dramatically expand the voice casting. I know everyone has complained about this at some point but there were maybe seven voice actors Oblivion and that drove me crazy at first but I played so much I got used to it.

I don't want to have to get used to it again.
#15  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to TomS, #15:

I just hope they kept the voices for the guards. HALT! YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW!
#16  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
morganw
In reply to TBSWK, #16:

I hope the guards arent like in oblivion, where if u stole a carrot from someones basement u would immediately be arrested.
#17  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to morganw, #17:

I agree. But I want their responses and actions to be the same if you do get caught. THEN PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD!
#18  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
morganw
In reply to TBSWK, #18:

Ah i see what u mean now. Yes, the guards have the best dialogue of anyone in oblivion except for sheogorath. "Gasp! Its the Gray Fox! You're wanted for... for all kinds of stuff!"
#19  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
Which fighting style looks most appealing to you? I'm thinking of working on both myself :D
Which Fighting Style?
A) One Handed
B) Two Handed
C) Other

#20  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
morganw
I think ill start with a sword and shield for old times sake, but then ill start experimenting with dual wield as well as archery.
#21  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
CalPal Sponsor
In reply to TBSWK, #20:

I'm curious as how you could have "other"...

However, to start off, I want to mage the fuck out of this game. A spell per hand, nothing more, nothing less.
#22  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to CalPal, #22:

Other as in both or bow (which isn't one handed or two handed i think, but I could be wrong)
#23  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
morganw
In reply to TBSWK, #23:

Bow is three handed.
#24  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to morganw, #24:

One of my friends brought up the fact that backpedaling is supposedly a lot slower in Skyrim. This means that the back up and bow strategy won't work nearly as well anymore. What do marksmen think of this?
#25  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
morganw
In reply to TBSWK, #25:

It makes sense, but its dumb. I think they r going to increase the damage of the bow to even things, but it just wont be the same...
#26  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to morganw, #26:

Well, I can't say I know how you feel (having never played a bow character) but I trust Bethesda, and I'm sure they change will work.
#27  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
morganw
In reply to TBSWK, #27:

Youve never been a marksman? What skills do you usually use when you play?
#28  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
In reply to morganw, #28:

I only had one character in Oblivion (I'm gonna go back and make one for fun though to prepare for skyrim). Base skills were really eclectic. Blade, Heavy Armor, Armorer, Security, Destruction, and I forget. I also played the game like a cheating whore, because I realized I could make 100% invisible armor, and literally stroll through the entire game. Still had a lot of fun though :D
#29  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
morganw
In reply to TBSWK, #29:

Haha yeah i love doing the invisibility thing. I had a cheating character too, because of the duplication glitch.
#30  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 20 ] [ 21 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.