You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

DWord
Best/Favorite Wii Virtual Console GameMy favorite games available on the Wii Virtual Console are Super Metroid and Super Mario World.
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
30 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
BatJeff
I'd have to say Vectorman. I remember playing it way back on the Sega Genesis.
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Landon Le Cat Gifs
List
- Ocarina of Time
- Donkey Kong
- Mario Kart 64
- Super Mario 64
#3  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
OJSlaughter
I must say the including of Turbo-Grafx 16 games and Neo Geo Games are the best inclusions: specifically Samurai Shodown 2 and Blazing Lasers!

Blazing Lasers: a game few people have played but it is so awesome!

:)
#4  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LeethalArrow NerdyActor
Through pure nostalgia, and the fact that they are some of my favorite games of all time:

-Secret of Mana
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
-Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Which I believe to be the best Zelda game)

Now, I did not download Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Legend of Zelda, or Zelda II. Because I already own the Gamecube collection as well as the master quest (and now I have them for my 3DS [Besides Majora's Mask]).
#5  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
toxicity202
Super Mario World as that is one of my favourite games.
#6  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
WingedBacon
Kirby's Adventure (NES) and Paper Mario (Nintendo 64).
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Shirudo Sponsor
Bomberman and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caitlyn7679
Metroid Prime: Echoes for sure, and then all the other Metroid games :) I could play them over and over.
#9  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DWord
I just added Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask to my collection. I need to get my Zelda fix after completing Skyward Sword!
#10  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jopoho
Gotta cast my vote for Ogre Battle 64. Fun strategy times to be had with that game, and it's hard to find outside of the Virtual Console nowadays.
#11  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TuurtleDove
Honestly... Pokemon Snap
one of my Favorite games of all time along with a few other unusuals
It's a game that deserves a sequel and could really work with the Wiiu's gyroscopic abilities
#12  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BatJeff
In reply to TuurtleDove, #12:

I definitely downloaded that game as soon as I saw it on the VC. I have fond memories of playing that game in Blockbuster back when video stores used to have demo systems with full games in them set up existed.
#13  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TuurtleDove
It really is a shame they never created a sequel, Though a little understated and lacking in content is was certainly a great concept.

just imagine it for the Wiiu, sitting in a office chair spinning around and gazing and your favourite pokemon through the Wiiu's touchscreen. they could have a different island for each pokemon generation
#14  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BatJeff
In reply to TuurtleDove, #14:

You need to patent that idea now. lol
#15  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TuurtleDove
I suppose a Pokemon Petition is always in order :)
#16  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SigmaSpartan
Super Mario Bros.
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Pokemon Snap
#17  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Tiger1337
Kirby's Adventure, Bubble Bobble, Yoshi, and DK Jr.
#18  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Wolf09er Sponsor
I only ever got 2 games from the Wii virtual console store, Megaman 9 and 10. Both of which I love. The eight bosses, even with the weapon they're weak against, are a fairly tough challenge.
#19  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BatJeff
In reply to TuurtleDove, #16:

Oh god... please don't bring up a petition. Have you seen Miiverse lately? It's full of people saying "This is a petition, give me likes and (insert game that no one liked) will get a sequel!"

That and people pretending to be Chris Slate, former editor of Nintendo Power...
#20  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TheBPTank Sponsor
In reply to OJSlaughter, #4:

Awesome shout to the Neo-geo love the Metal slug franchise but I also have The last blade, which has quickly become one of my fav fighters ever.

But yeah of course the obvious ones, All the 1st party games on snes and n64, FF 4 and 6, all of the sonic the hedgehog games (grew up with 2) bomberman '94 and of course Chrono Trigger.
#21  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SCGaming
I'm a huge fan of Super Metroid. I owned a N64 and an NES growing up but I completely missed out on the SNES. Thanks to the Virtual Console I've gotten to experience some great games. So far I'd probably rank them Super Metroid> Mega Man X > Super Mario World.
#22  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MariettaRC
Paper Frickin' Mario.

As well as Super Mario World, Ocarina of Time and Kirby 64. I have so many more but I'd be listing more than just my favorites at that point.
#23  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dazzsheil
Without a doubt Sonic & Knuckles and Zelda II: the Adventure of Link. Sonic & Knuckles for the sheer amount of content you can have if you have all the other Sonic games and Zelda II for underrated classic 2D Gameplay :)
#24  Posted 11 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Yackey
Super Metroid
Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Majora`s Mask
All great games. To be honest I think Majora`s Mask is extremely underrated, I might even put it above OoT just because of the dark tone of the game and the impending doom that is imminent.
#25  Posted 8 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
CtMcMuffin
Majora's Mask
CronoTrigger
#26  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TomDubois
My favorites are the original Super Smash Bros. and Street Fighter Alpha 2 for the SNES.
#27  Posted 5 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BuzzDX I am Ultros
I am disappointed by the lack of Earthbound in this thread. Quite possibly my favorite game of all time. Yeah, some of the love is nostalgia, wanna fight about it?
#28  Posted 5 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Barbaloot Sponsor
As far as VC goes in general, easilly Earthbound. That's simply my favorite game ever. And on a 50 inch flatscreen, it's just glorious. Can't wait to get up to Giygas on that thing.

Otherwise, I'm kind of glad I grabbed Star Fox 64 on my Wii. I never had an N64, kind of had an SNES and never upgraded. But now, I can play N64 games. And Star Fox is just fantastic.
#29  Posted 5 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
conornw DaExperience
I got pretty excited when I learnt Majora's Mask was on there.
#30  Posted 2 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.