You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Scythe777
Halo 2 RemakeWith Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary coming out November 15th, and Halo 4 coming out next year. Do you think 343 Industries will remake Halo 2 and give it the HD treatment? Frank O'Connor of 343 Industries, formerly of Bungie Studios said Halo 2's ending was originally not suppose to end ...
Should 343 Industries remake Halo 2 just like they did Halo: Combat Evolved?
A) Yes
B) No

#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 6 Cool
295 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Speed5ter69
They wont make a Halo 2 remake for awhile so i doubt the multilayer system will have changed by then. I can bet you that it will change by Halo 5. They have the same system (or at least similar depending on Halo 4) for 3 games, anymore of the same thing for too long in a game series is bad for a fan base.
#61  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Speed5ter69
In reply to Speed5ter69, #61:

They wont make a Halo 2 remake for awhile so i doubt the multilayer system will not have changed by then.

Fucked myself over there.
#62  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Snowwflakez
in my opinion, if they are gonna make a halo 2 remake, it'll be on the aniversary, and that means we still would have a few years =/
#63  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Crutcho
They better not do this! Combat evolved anniversary made sense, to celebrate ten years of halo. But if 343 start recycling old games it will completely devalue the franchise. (Not to mention how exceptionally cheap and lazy it is). If Halo starts churning out the same thing repeatedly then it will be no better than COD!
#64  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BobSaget228
In reply to Crutcho, #64:

i semi- agree, i love halo 2 and the maps would be great on reach, but you have a good point. they should concentrate on the new trilogy.
#65  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Speed5ter69
In reply to Crutcho, #64:

If they were to, i think it'd be their last project in the Halo serise. Theres rumor of them going to Halo 6, im not sure, but I dont think it'll be treated the same as CEA was. As i said, i can only see it being a final project just for the fans/money.
#66  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Noob
Crutcho
Glad to see some people feel the same way.
In reply to Speed5ter69, #66:

Its no rumor, Halo 6 will be the concluding chapter of the new "Reclaimer Trilogy".
#67  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Speed5ter69
In reply to Crutcho, #67:

Oh ok. I knew a 5th was gonna be made, but wasnt to sure about a 6th. If they are based off the books, Iv stopped reading them (just finished the 1st) just so that everything is a surprise to me.
#68  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
iRawrz Sponsor
In reply to Speed5ter69, #68:

None of the books take place after Halo 3. Supposedly a sequel to Ghost of Onyx is in the makes, which would take place after Halo 3, but probably wouldn't follow MC, but would follow Dr. Halsey and the Spartan IIIs.
#69  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Crutcho
In reply to iRawrz, #69:

In reply to Speed5ter69, #68:

Actually Karen Travis's Glasslands is set shortly after Halo 3. Im not sure but i think that may be the first book of three.
#70  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
iRawrz Sponsor
In reply to Crutcho, #70:

I never knew that book ever came out... How did I miss that. Well, I know what I'm going to pick up tonight.
#71  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Crutcho
In reply to iRawrz, #71:

Yea its one of the books that sets the stage for Halo 4, so well worth a read! :D
#72  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Norman1986 Sponsor
Halo 2 is the best game ever made. I would be a playstation gamer if it werent for halo 2, but now I have 3 xbox 360s and one broken ps3 that I dont give a shit about.
#73  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Papasmurf531
It would be neat if in Halo 4 for the gametypes/custom rules they had preset options to where the games would play just like they did in Halo CE(or as close as possible), then Halo 2, Halo 3, and even Reach.
#74  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RaginCanagin
In reply to Scythe777, #1: I truly would love to see a remake of Halo 2 even though there were a couple things i wish they had done in anniversary (like assassinations and a couple of reaches details with guns, maybe), but all in all i loves the game so i'd like to give 343 a chance, knowing that some were working with Bungie and are in the ceation of Halo 4.... Since playing anniversary, i played the full campaign of Halo 2 again which i hadn't played in years and i loved it cause it always had the talent of showing more than Halo 1 and 3 (playing with a squad of elites once again and telling a greater story), but i think it would be the greatest thing to have it rebuilt cause it was the one game that showed more structure than all other games, it showed a bigger story of both the "Truth"and what the elites fought for;and along with the 3 new stories as the finishing ending i think it would be a completely awesome game. So i guess all i can do now is hope for the best that something exciting with happen along with the great release of Halo 4!!! can't wait!

#75  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RaginCanagin
And also, some characters i would love to see with the new graphics such as the Arbiter, or even Master Chief, as well as any other character you could think of cause they were never in halo reach or anniversary which are of the newest in graphics.... other than Sargent Johnson... there are just some things you can dream about seeing haha... which is why i think it would be an awesome project to have Halo 2 rebuilt, i know thats maybe just me thinkin. To me i feel that Halo 2 was kind of the start of the halo series in a way, not being as annoying as halo 1 was with the flood but was just perfect, also the gameplay of the stories and the architectural would be amazing to see in high graphics from what it is as the Original Xbox. Hope for the best i guess

#76  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jasonf4232
In reply to Tom3859, #45:

I like all of the Halo games that I have played, but Reach easily has the weakest and easiest campaign that I've seen for a Halo game. I have never played Halo 2 and can't say whether it should be remade and won't. All I can say is that if they remade it I would buy it and they should always stick close to the original for any remake of any game.
#77  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Moonrager
Halo 2 HD would be the best thing that could happen for Microsoft and Xbox Live. Seriously, out of all games played, Halo 2 was the best game before the stop of Xbox Live on it. Halo 2 HD I believe should happen and would be great to play my favorite game with my uncle once again with other people on the same maps and same campaign in addition to those three levels.
#78  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
greg1234
In reply to CaptinTucker, #3:
what fuck are you talking about 343 was in bungie get off the dope you ant played halo 1 then have you
#79  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Chardog10
The only Halo games I have are Reach and CEA, and I love them. But to fully understand the halo series I feel that I need to have halo 2 and 3, scrub ODST, but I've heard that are audio and video problems when playing XBOX games on an Xbox 360. So I would love a halo 2 remake and feel with the extra three missions it would allow me to "catch up" on the whole series because i really loved my 360 and reach when I got them in late 2010
#80  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Apatheic
God damn I miss Dual Needler.
#81  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
LikesCrazy
I think that if they added the 3 levels then it would be very successful, but might also make it cost the full 60 instead of just 40 like Halo Combat evolved anniversary. Then they could use it to bring in Halo 2 maps to Halo 4 which would be great. So yeah, I'd like to see a Halo 2 remake.
#82  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Chardog10
Just finished CEA so I ordered a copy of halo 2 off of eBay - really looking forward to playing it when it arrives next week, cause it looks really cool even for a 2004 game, with the addition of dual wielding and much more - so here's hoping they don't release a new anniversary edition soon :/
#83  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JetStreak
For me it would be a disappointment if they remade Halo 2 without bringing back the online multi-player experience. Simply dumping Halo 2 map remakes into Reach would not do it for me.

#84  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DaleChapman
i need a protection code for halo 2 pc(uk) because i took the risk of buying a secound hand pc game so can anybody help
heres my email if you can dale.g.chapman@btint[email protected]
#85  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Noob
MegaGMAT
Honestly I would love to see a remake of Halo 2. Although it could be made as an anniversary, just like Halo Combat Evolved on its first decade. I started with halo 2 but never got to enjoy its online multiplayer experience, which I've heard dozens if not hundreds of times to be the best multiplayer of the halo games, and most, if not all, games in general. If they were to bring Halo 2 back, I hope that it's a game on it's own without being connected to reach, halo 4, or any other future halo games. I never did hear about the scrapped missions, although when you think about it, it could ruin the halo 3 story. I've played through all the halo games, and I'm not sure if it's because it was the first I played, but I've always found Halo 2's campaign & multiplayer the best. A revamped version of the best game of the series (in my opinion)? Hell, freakin' yes!
#86  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RAMBO604 Sponsor
I think considering the new Halo trilogy will span over to the new Xbox, I would bet if they do a Halo 2 update or remake it would be part of Halo 5's promotion. It would be nice if they did it after Halo 4 using the 4 engine as a send off to the 360 though. One can hope.
#87  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SpitFire8I6
In reply to CaptinTucker, #3:

I see what you mean and I hear what your saying and I would definitely say yes if they just reformat it for 360. Leave the Glitches, leave the graphics, dont touch a thing. But even though 343 is mostly compiled of bungie members, the urge to fix things may turnout in them recking a good thing. We dont need anything new about halo 2 but i fear that if it was remade it would be different. I say yes but if it does get remade it will be on the reach graphics and gameplay
#88  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UPdawg101 The Man
Supposedly Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy, and if that's the case, then remaking Halo 2 would mean releasing four new Halo games, which would probably end up being seen as typical over-saturation. At this point, it wouldn't make much sense to remake like they did with CE. Though it might work as an XBLA game, featuring just the campaign.
#89  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
SpitFire8I6
In reply to UPdawg101, #89:

In reply to UPdawg101, #89:
Supposedly Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy, and if that's the case, then remaking Halo 2 would mean releasing four new Halo games, which would probably end up being seen as typical over-saturation. At this point, it wouldn't make much sense to remake like they did with CE. Though it might work as an XBLA game, featuring just the campaign.
Yes i agree
#90  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] ... [ 9 ] [ 10 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.