Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

ErokDragun Forum Mod
C & A Forum Thread Creation Thread Hello...I am Erok, moderator of this forum.

This thread is for anyone to talk to me and create the future of this forum. Please share ideas and thoughts with me on any topic related to this forum.

One thing I would really like this used for is if you are new and want to make a thread, come here, and bring it up, and lets make sure it wouldnt make a better journal entry, or belong in another forum.

I will have this on Watch, and I get on this site at least once a day, so I should be able to reply to anything rather quickly.

I look forward to your company on the cyber road this forum will be going down!!!
#1  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
51 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Gingeyy Sponsor
I change my mind on my post. Now my mistake is available for everyone to scoff at = /

Post edited 9/03/11 11:01PM
#2  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
EmbryKaida Spiral
In reply to ErokDragun, #1:

Well that'll make it a heck of a lot easier for new threads to be created and not just random spam being thrown in. Perhaps you should suggest this to other Mods and Admins.
#3  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MoreLikePuma
I'd like to make a thread about cocks and/or balls. I don't think comics have enough and I think anime has too much.
#4  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 5 Funny
Erkan Take It Easy
How about a thread to promote groups you've made or that you just want more people to join, I recall there being a similar thread to this before but haven't been able to find it again, don't know if it was deleted or I just haven't been able find it.
#5  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to EmbryKaida, #3:

lets ee how it works first

In reply to MoreLikePuma, #4:

banned....so, so banned
I know more about comics, so I know how to organize them into all encompassing groups.....Anime....I'm not so familiar with (since I outgrew it when most of y'all were still in diapers), so I allow it the leeway of having plenty of threads to cover all topics.

In reply to halo1278, #5:

not really digging that idea. I am not a fan of promoting anything, much less groups you have made or want people to join. If you meet someone you want to join a group, send them a PM.
#6  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Spyroism
In response to the thread i made and locked, yeah sorry for not reading this thread. Not something i come across on other forums so wasnt looking out for it.... would assume that due to it being locked its not right as having it as a thread...

Spyro
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Red_drake
One thread that I would like to suggest is an X-Men thread, after going through the search engine on here and the movie area (just in case) I have noticed that no one has made a thread based on that series. Hopefully I'll be able to get one question answered that's been bugging me for the past week now, if not, then perhaps you could answer my question Erok, for now though I'll wait for your answer to the thread suggestion.
Thank you for your time, hope to hear an answer from you soon.
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to Red_drake, #8:

all marvel and dc conversations happen in their respective threads.

DC thread
Marvel thread

limiting it like this allows for fewer threads to be needed, and more conversation in existing threads.

there is also the catch all Trivia and Discussion thread

if we had a X-Men thread, then there would also be threads for all the other major teams, and none of them would get very much attention, so I keep all conversations to the 3 existing threads.
#9  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Red_drake
Fair enough I understand, thanks for your time and your answer will direct the question to the relevant thread.
#10  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
datalaughing Forum Mod
If I wanted to discuss a webcomic that did not have its own thread should I start a thread for it (I notice there are several threads of this sort), or should I try to start a discussion in the "Webcomics in general" thread, which seems to be more like a, "Post a list of the webcomics you read" thread? Because while attempting the latter seems kind of pointless, the existence of that thread makes the former somewhat dubious.
#11  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to datalaughing, #11:

if you see other threads for webcomics, and not one for this new one you want to post, I say go ahead and make a new thread for it.

thanks for posting here first!
#12  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bradel WIZARD
cool
#13  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SamQ
Now this is either in a grey area or a straight up "NO!" I would love to chat about One Piece, buuuuut I am watching the Funimation dub. That dub is in English and about 300 episodes behind the Japanese dubbed and I feel like there is 2 things I could do. Fuck my loyalty to the Funimation dub and destroy my dad's bandwidth with several gigabytes of Japanese One Piece, or make a Funimation dub thread. Just asking if I can get a go ahead on that second option or not.
#14  Posted 8 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
please explain what a "funimation dub" is?

is it just a different dub of the same ongoing series? if so, I would say go join the thread that is already made.

If it is something completely different, then yeah, I new thread would be fine.
#15  Posted 8 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SamQ
Its the same thing, just roughly 300 episodes behind, so I would see spoilers all too often. But I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. I'll leave out on it.
#16  Posted 8 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
yeah, that is likely the best thing to do. Just start at the beginning of the thread, and read slow

thanx for coming here first!
#17  Posted 8 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JakeHCoker Anime Addict
Is there a thread related to learning Japanese in order to enjoy anime more "without subs"? Figured it be kinda helpful to find common phrases that appear regularly in anime and help people learning Japanese to connect with each other.
#18  Posted 7 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to JakeHCoker, #18:

I couldnt find one...that sounds like a good idea. go for it
#19  Posted 7 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JakeHCoker Anime Addict
In reply to ErokDragun, #19:

Thanks man! ^_^
#20  Posted 7 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Tomboy gamerkitty
In reply to ErokDragun, #9:
In reply to Red_drake, #8:

all marvel and dc conversations happen in their respective threads.

DC thread
Marvel thread

limiting it like this allows for fewer threads to be needed, and more conversation in existing threads.

Then can the threads at least be stickied? And I'm a little worried that the Marvel one might be dead. It hasn't seen any activity in 2 years.
#21  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
scooge42 Chimichangas
i've started regularly reviewing comics on a weekly basis with a few other guys, would anyone be adverse to me starting a new thread where i can link to them every week? Sort of as a, here's what's coming out this week and what me and my team thought of it?
#22  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Mattox Sponsor
I was wondering if I could spread the word about my podcast on this thread. It focuses on Anime and Manga so it would fit the topic. I wasn't sure if that would against any policies or not. Thank you. www.OtakuPazza.com

Post edited 3/12/14 3:19PM
#23  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
there is a billboard forum for self promotions. promote there. thanx for coming in here first
#24  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Akemi5 Literally 5
How about a Jojo's Bizarre Adventures thread? It's a manga ongoing since 1987, and season 3 is coming out April 4th.
#25  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
is there an existing thread? have you checked?
#26  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Akemi5 Literally 5
In reply to ErokDragun, #26:
Oops, I just did a search and there's one that was active 4 months ago. Thanks for the reminder!
#27  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
will173
Hey guys! Looking for a place to show off a podcast that I'm currently working on. It's called 'Comic Soup', and we discuss comic books as they pertain to the film and television industry, and we review some comics on the podcast. I'll post the link to our archive page, and I hope you guys can take the time and listen, because it would really mean the world to me :)

Thank you!

gta-gamers.org/category/comic-soup/
#28  Posted 5 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kahiau Kahiyao
As a Crunchyroll.com member, I keep up with the current seasons of anime and their titles. Before I massively create countless topics for each series to have their own discussion per...I was wondering if I should simply make a "Spring 2014" topic or am I allowed to make a topic for each new series?

My hope is to create a topic for each new anime series this season so as to keep them neatly separated. I just wanted your approval before I do something this drastic.

#29  Posted 5 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
that does sound drastic, and I appreciate you coming here first. Do any of these animes already have threads here? if so, use the existing threads. if it is a singular new title, then yes, you can make a thread for it, if it does not already exist. Also, if several of these animes are under an umbrella corporation/production company, then you could make one thread for all of those per company.

for the record...I have no idea what "crunchyroll" is
#30  Posted 5 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.