Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

BigNiceJohn
The Official RvBTO 2012 ThreadWell folks, by now you've seen the video.

It's true, RvBTO 2012 will be the last RvBTO. While it might seem sad, the event is going to be what it has always been, a celebration of the community. We are well aware that we are going to get bombarded with 'WHY?' comments, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

This is the place to check out for official announcements, event happenings, and locations.

We also, of course have some special surprises up our sleeves... you guys are going to want to keep this one on watch.

This post will also be edited with ALL current RvBTO information as it is announced.
#1  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
73 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
puckplayer
WHY?
#2  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
puckplayer
On a serious note, everything you guys have done over the years has been amazing. There hasn't been a single event where I've been like "eh, it could've been better". Every year has been an absolute blast and I'm privileged to have been able to attend so many of the events. Even more so, I'm happy, proud, and even more privileged to have met so many people I now consider friends...all because of what you guys have done.

However, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make the final event. I'll be living in Hawaii and, if that wasn't enough, I think my ship will be on deployment during the summer.

If I can make it, you know I'll be there, but if not then it looks like Ryan will have to be drinking enough for me too.
#3  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hamstar
I'm sad to hear this will be the last event, could you like to the discussion thread for why this is the end?

I am looking forward to seeing what the last event has in store!
#4  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Microbe Sponsor
We will be on Late Nite Jengajam September 13th at 10pm to talk about RvBTO 2012: www.jengajam.net/
#5  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Spamman4587 KY Jew
I just got word...I think I'm gonna cry...

This just means, I'll have to bring THE MOST Ale8 I've EVER attempted to bring. So...You motherfuckers ready to throw down and have the biggest Ale8 blowout bash we've ever had?

Cause I know I fucking am.
#6  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
speedy07
In reply to Spamman4587, #6:

If I'm not pissing pure Ale8 by the end of the weekend I will consider the whole thing a failure.
#7  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Funny
Tuckapenguin
In reply to Spamman4587, #6:
I MUST BRING BUNDIE RUM THIS YEAR! I can't let my last chance slip awaaay! In other words, nooooo! I've only been to two TO's and I felt such a pang of sadness when I heard. I can't believe the friendships I've found, I can't lose them this soon!
#8  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
film_geek Site Admin
seriously, why? if you guys were done, why not a new blood? killing it... why? sad film geek. make it to 10 at least.
#9  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Landon Sponsor
I'll be at this one. As I said in my journal, I've been planning to make it up there, but I've had little time. Expect me at that one, possibly RTX again.

We'll see how the layout for that goes.
#10  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hunter Achievement
I haven't attended any RvBTO's, but I feel that I should attend this one. I made a bunch of really good friendships at RTX, and I'm sure the same will be said about RvBTO.
#11  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Infurnoq Pickle
I might just have to come check it out
#12  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DiMono Site Admin
In reply to Infurnoq, #12:

What's this "might" business?
#13  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
hedleschiken Sponsor
I've never been able to hit one...but now that I've quit my life sucking job, I might be able to hit this last RvBTO.
#14  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Lynxxon PAXRTOZ
I couldn't make it to this year's RvBTO, next year's will be my first.

I'm gonna see about heading to RTX as well.
#15  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BorderlineJD
Of course i will be there, to give RvBTO the send-off it deserves. It's bittersweet to hear... but it will be amazing, I'm sure. I can't wait!
#16  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Spamman4587 KY Jew
If I'm not at RvBTO this year...there will be a tag on my toe. My will has some super specific stuff in it pertaining to Ale8 and distribution thereof...So even in death...I'll deliver.
#17  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
BorderlineJD
In reply to Spamman4587, #17:

I should hope so! Otherwise I'm gonna have to do it, and I've tried. I suck.

I have no idea how you fit that many bottles into one backpack, my friend. No idea whatsoever. I almost died at FanExpo trying to carry 20 .
#18  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Spamman4587 KY Jew
In reply to BorderlineJD, #18:

It's years of training and honed practice. I will show you my ways at RvBTO 2012 or WinTO...I am very very sneaky...
#19  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
BorderlineJD
In reply to Spamman4587, #19:

Yes, sensei.
#20  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Justine
Is WinTO still happening? I really hope so cuz this will be my first. And it is also my birthday in that general time area frame of the year.
#21  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Spamman4587 KY Jew
We should talk about that right over HERE!
#22  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
john DP_Cam Op_AC
I guess since 2012 is the final year, that will also be my final year as official photographer
#23  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
Dropkick Sponsor
Hey, your volunteer link is broken on the site bitches. And I'm not letting TO go out without giving something back. Besides, I need a job!
#24  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
elebellybear Mercenary
In reply to Dropkick, #24:

Yeah because we are not taking in applications. Until then hang on. Britte is also the Volunteer coordinator.
#25  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DiMono Site Admin
Hey, who's in charge of raffle items this year?
#26  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Microbe Sponsor
In reply to DiMono, #26:

Sup?
#27  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
Dropkick Sponsor
In reply to elebellybear, #25:

Damns you! (I still think you're swell!)
#28  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Brittewater Sponsor
Hey everyone! In case you haven't heard the exciting news, we have officially announced the dates for RvBTO 2012!

RvBTO 2012 will be taking place AUGUST 2 - AUGUST 5TH.

That's right,to make the final RvBTO event even more special we have decided to make it 4 days instead of the usual 3!

Hope to see you all soon

#29  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 7 Cool
Tropes TraineeSJW
Woot! I'm already trying to find people to go up with me as well as cheap places to stay that I won't get knifed or robbed in. Is there a thread for that sort of discussion, specifically? I haven't been able to go to any RvBTO events yet.
#30  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.