Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

draco24 Purge
Grifball Community EventsWelcome to my reign as the AGLA's Head of Events (mwahahahaha! ).

This thread will serve as the easiest place for the community to bring to my attention the types of events wanted. I already have a string of events in mind, but in case you are itching for something else please feel free to say something.

And while I will post the information for all the events in other venues, this thread will serve to continually have the most up to date information for events.

This first post will also include information for the Grifball Events Sweepstakes, which you enter when you play:

Prizes (listed as they come into my possession to give out):
~ 4000 MSP card
~ Halo Fest exclusive MegaBloks CE Warthog (these were limited to 5000)
*More to come!*

Rules:
~ Every time you play in an event, you will earn an entry to the sweepstakes.
~ If you are successful in events, you earn more than one entry (in elimination tournaments, additional play counts as earning more entries).
~ On certain occasions, depending on what type of game is played, only one entry is allowed to be earned.
~ Players who earn a spot and play in the All Star game receive an additional 5 entries each to award them for their success.
~ If you are banned from the league, forum, or any events you will forfeit all entries that may have been earned.
~ At the end of the season, an entry will be randomly chosen to win the prize pack. The more you play, the more chances you have to win.
#1  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 14 Cool
144 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
RageMoreNerd
Free Ice Cream Day!!!
#2  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Cool
draco24 Purge
In reply to RageMoreNerd, #2:

Get free ice cream on your birthday.
#3  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 8 Cool
Joe7u7
sound sgood
#4  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
draco24 Purge
My first week in office and Gears of War 3 comes out. Is it fate or am I just that good?

Anyway, I've never been much of a Gears players but I know a lot you guys are.

I want to have an event this Sunday. And we can do either a straight up grifball rush or we can do a Gears event with maybe deathmatch or capture the leader. I'll throw a poll up and see what the response is in the next 24 hours. If you have any input, it would be greatly appreciated especially if you want to play Gears and a certain gametype.

By the way, I think I'm right but correct me if I'm wrong: For Gears, there is no way to see individual game stats and such. Right?
#5  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Funny
Sent2Destroy
In reply to draco24, #1:

Even though I missed the entire election due to my internet being out I'm glad you won. You did a great job back in FL09 and I can't wait to see what you come up with this season.
#6  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
neo120590
In reply to Sent2Destroy, #6:

Don't worry about it, neither of us won admin. brb agla being run into the ground . I'm looking forward to some of the things that were done in the past.

Post edited 9/21/11 12:22PM
#7  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
Zodiac13
Queers of Bore? No thanks.
#8  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 3 Funny
draco24 Purge
In reply to Sent2Destroy, #6:

Thank you. I have quite a few straight up events, but I have some shenanigans up my sleeve.
#9  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
draco24 Purge
In reply to Zodiac13, #8:

While you may not enjoy Gears, how about we leave homophobic slurs out of this.

Let's act like someone who can actually respect other people.
#10  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 7 Ditto
slayers0n
In reply to draco24, #10:

Or maybe people want to participate but dont have gears of war 3??
#11  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
draco24 Purge
Well, I looks as if I have won the position of Head of Events. So let us start it with a double elimination tournament this Sunday. I am sorry for the late notice, but I hope you all join us in the festivities.

When? Sunday, September 25th

Where? Sign-ups will occur at 4:00 PM CDT on the rushs page. Sign-ups will close after 30 minutes or when we reach 32 teams, whichever comes first.

Who? Rosters may contain up to 6 players, and can change at any time up until the first game. Players may be added afterwards if given permission by myself or one of the three admins.

What? A double elimination tournament of Vanillla Grifball (Gametype) on Bloody Grifball (Map).

Anyone found to be breaking the Number 1 Rule of Grifball (Dont be a douche) will be banned from this event.

Teams situated on top of the pairing are preferred to be the ones to invite the other team. Any team not using the proper Gametype or Map will be disqualified.

Games are to be played no later than 15 minutes after the next opponent is decided. Any team delaying this will be disqualified. Bracket will be here.

All results should be posted using the Grifball.info rush form.

Teams should sign up using the Grifball.info sign-up form.

Grifball Events Sweepstakes Rules

Every round played in earns one entry in to the sweepstakes. Success earns extra entries.
Players that do not play but are on the roster do not earn entries for games their team has played.
Players found to be breaking the Dont Be A Douche rule will forfeit any and all entries.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. Hope everyone has fun!
#12  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
MajorSilva
Can Gears be the next event?

Post edited 9/23/11 12:05PM
#13  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
draco24 Purge
In reply to MajorSilva, #13:

Sure, I have no problem with that.

Anyone have request for days and times? Mind you that I may not be able to accommodate.
#14  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
In reply to draco24, #14:

Well, for the time being the only real days I can play are Mondays and Thursdays (anytime), so it'd be cool if an event was on one of those days this season <3.
#15  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
goosechecka Sponsor
Dance Central 2 comes out on Oct. 25th, just saying...

#16  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neo120590
In reply to goosechecka, #16:

Battlefield 3 comes out Oct. 25th, just saying...
#17  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
RagingMule
In reply to neo120590, #17:

hey that's my birthday... good for me i guess
#18  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Sent2Destroy
In reply to neo120590, #17:

We have a hard time trying to find enough teams for a Grifball rush...just sayin.
#19  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
imShad
Is anyone looking for a team for the rush today? i need at least one player, a second would be wonderful as well.
#20  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
draco24 Purge
Don't forget that sign-ups will open for the double elimination Captain Save a HoE Rush in about half an hour, links will be posted.
#21  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
draco24 Purge
The Captain Save a HoE Rush sign-ups are now open. They will end in 30 minutes or if we get 32 teams.

Go here!
#22  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
imShad
In reply to draco24, #22:

so it put us in twice for some reason....
#23  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
draco24 Purge
In reply to imShad, #23:

I caught that. Quit breaking shit though.
#24  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
imShad
In reply to draco24, #24:

we need about five minutes because my controller broke and i need to find the other one...thats not where i thought it was.
#25  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
draco24 Purge
Bracket is up.

Only 3 teams.
#26  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Crusader0102
Looks like King Owowo is a no-show, so I guess we'll just replay Shad's team and call it the championship.
#27  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
draco24 Purge
In reply to Crusader0102, #27:

I guess so. That sucks.

Good luck.
#28  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
draco24 Purge
Congratulations to the Team Name with RDG NHL, Crusader0102, Fanciest Pants, and Hootenanny for winning the Captain Save a HoE Rush.

Hopefully we'll get a better turnout it other events.
#29  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Ditto
imShad
In reply to draco24, #29:

RDG NHL and Hootenanny>imShad

...3....straight...times...
#30  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.