Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Vicki BUTTS
NHL 2011/2012For those joining us for the first time:

Here are a few ground rules to help you ease your way into the conversation and not have someone jump down your throat and provide an injury worse than that of Steve Moore Max Pacioretty (gotta keep it current):

1) DO NOT come in and post scores - If we wanted to know the score of a game we'd look at Yahoo, TSN, or ESPN. A lot of us have shitty work schedules so we try to Tivo/DVR games when we can't watch them live. If you want to have running commentary of a particular game, please join the NHL Group and create a thread for that game, then link it in here. We've done that in the past and it can be fun, just don't come in and ruin a game for everyone else.

2) DO NOT let us know how amazing/sucky your favorite team is - Plain and simple, we don't care. Bruins fan? Leafs are finally playing well? Red Wings suck? That's nice. You can let us know after a few posts, but please don't come in and have a one sentence post about why your team is the greatest one on the face of the planet.

3) DO post intelligently and create conversation through analysis, linked articles, etc. - Seriously, as long as you don't shove your opinions down our throats and become a Mega Ultra Uber Fanboy when it comes to comments, you'll probably be A-OK.

4) DO respect that we all are humans and have feelings - By the same token, if you come in and act like an idiot, don't expect royal treatment. Butthurt will only be tolerated so much. Think Golden Rule for the most part: if you're going to troll and be a moron, be prepared for people to fire back.

5) DO have fun - That's the point of this thread. The previous 4 rules may make it sound bad, but we're all here to have fun and talk about one of the greatest sports out there today. So just be respectful, be smart, and enjoy!

Post edited 9/22/11 5:28PM
#1  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
3,322 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
caleba04
Oh, hi hockeyz. I didn't see you there.
#2  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
slackdog Goon Squad
In reply to slvrwhispr, #1:
Here are a few ground rules to help you ease your way into the conversation and not have someone jump down your throat and provide an injury worse than that of Steve Moore Max Pacioretty (gotta keep it current):

Doctor Recchi says he was faking it!

Post edited 9/22/11 6:46PM
#3  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
warmsox
This new picture is not as good as a picture of a Flyer getting the shit kicked out of him.
#4  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Vicki BUTTS
In reply to warmsox, #4:

That said, I cannot resist anything that associates the the Penguins and phalli, mighty or not.

In less eloquent terms, loldongs.

(Edit for looking it up in the dictionary and it is, in fact, phalli.)

Post edited 9/22/11 7:50PM
#5  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dude_stud
Red Wings suck.
#6  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Vicki BUTTS
In reply to dude_stud, #6:

u mad bro?
#7  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dude_stud
u jelly
#8  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
stragic1 Sponsor
In reply to dude_stud, #6: In reply to slvrwhispr, #7:

would it really be the NHL forum if that didn't pop up on the first page?
#9  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Vicki BUTTS
In reply to dude_stud, #8:

Who is your team, anyway? The Sens?

No. No, sir, I am not "jelly".
#10  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Korko98
video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=124282

I love this, i hope they continue it throughout the season. Transparency ftw.
#11  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
dude_stud
In reply to slvrwhispr, #10:

It's like I don't know you anymore.

</3
#12  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dunharrow
I went to the Habs first preseason game Tuesday against Dallas. I was really happy that just prior to the national anthems, they played a tribute video and held a moment of silence for ALL of the hockey players who died this summer (NHL and KHL players).

Have to say that when Rypien was shown, I got really sad. And Salei, and Skrastins. And the young Russians I had never heard of (one of them was a 2011 draft pick). The whole thing was sad.

Otherwise, it was a lot of fun, the game. The Canadiens were terrible defensively, but there were a few good signs. Cole played great with Plekanec and Cammalleri, Yemelin was fast and tough, and Tinordi played decently (though he is nowhere near ready).

I'm excited for the new season!
#13  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JohnMatt
In reply to Korko98, #11:

Shanahan said their plan was to release one of those videos for every suspension, and i guess sometimes with borderline non-suspensions.
#14  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Vicki BUTTS
Have I mentioned my unsurpassed adoration of Brendan Shanahan? Not only because he was my favorite player for ages, not only because he's witty and clever and hilarious, not only because he's a pretty good lookin' Irishman, but because he is so damned passionate about hockey and so PROACTIVE about that passion. The league has never made a better decision than the one to put him in charge of player safety and have him on the rules committee.
#15  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
BigNiceJohn
1. Owen Nolan is still alive? Huh, I didn't know that.

2. You think that hockey has less of a racial problem than most sports... then some douchebag throws a banana at Wayne Simmons.

3. 5 pre-season games and 5 regular season games for Shelley, and 4 pre-season, 1 regular season game for Letourneau-Leblond. Even though I tend to fall on the lighter side of punishments most of the time, I'm certainly fine with upping the ante and letting players know early what the standard is.
#16  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BigNiceJohn
In reply to slvrwhispr, #15:

There are some great stories about Shanahan being a little too image conscious in the 90's. One of the easiest ways to piss him off on the ice apparently was to call him an ugly fuck. I'm trying to remember whose book I read that in, but it was a former ref or penalty timekeeper... something like that.
#17  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
TKdademon
Matt Cooke has been back for one preseason game and hasn't killed anyone yet. PROGRESS!
#18  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
Vicki BUTTS
10 games for Shelley. Shanny is NOT fucking around. I love it.
#19  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
slackdog Goon Squad
In reply to slvrwhispr, #19:

You just think he's cute, it has nothing to do with what he does.
#20  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dunharrow
Mike Modano signed a 1-day contract so he could retire as a Dallas Star.

I wonder if that will put the Stars above the salary floor.
#21  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
bosswallywor Sponsor
Sabres looking good in the preseason(but its only preseason) Ehrhoff is looking really good, Miller just committed grand larceny against the Leafs a few times tonight so hes looking good, They are 3-0 and only have 3 goals against total. They are playing a few starters though, for offence they play 2 lines of NHL guys(so either the 1st and 3rd line or the 2nd and 4th line) and 2 lines of AHL/prospects and a similar system on defense, so far the lines seem to be

Vanek-Roy-Pomminville
Ennis- Leino - Stafford
Hecht - McCormik - Boyes
Gerbe - Gaustad - Kaleta

the defense is all screwed up, your guess at the pairings is as good as anyone's'
#23  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Johnnie_Cage
In reply to bosswallywor, #23:

Boyes won't be there for the next 2 games since he was just suspended, so it Kassian will probably stick around.

www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/09/25/sp-nhl-boyes-suspension.html
#24  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Nixorbo
And the first TWO suspensions of Shanny's regime are Flyers. WTF.

Well, they're going to be, anyway.

Post edited 9/26/11 8:02PM
#25  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Korko98
In reply to Nixorbo, #25:

Shanahan has suspended five players, only one of which has been a flyer.
#26  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JohnMatt
So, it has been officially announced that the winter classic will be the Flyers v. the Rangers.

Not that we haven't known that for months, but it's official now.
#27  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Nixorbo
In reply to Korko98, #26:

Fine, 33% of his first 6 suspensions will be Flyers.

Out of curiosity, who else has been suspended? Preseason news outside of the Flyers I don't really follow.
#28  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
warmsox
In reply to JohnMatt, #27:

I so badly want to go to that, but no way I'm going down to Philly for it.

I'd totally be there if it was here or in Giants Stadium.
#29  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleba04
In reply to Nixorbo, #28:

I know the Wild's Brad Staubitz got 3 games.
#30  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 110 ] [ 111 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.