Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

SpiderChief Sponsor
Immersion Season 2 Hinted?I don't know whether it's just the design off the app but on the Roosterteeth app for the iPods, Pads and Phones, when you select Immersion it says "Season 1".
Now, I don't know if it's just wishful thinking here but could it possibly be a hint to another Season of Immersion?
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
96 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
GB330033 RT SideQuest
Unlikely. Burnie has said multiple times that Immersion was kind of a one-off thing and would only continue if they could think of more things to do. This means that they likely don't have any firm plans to continue the series, but they're leaving it open just in case they come up with ideas and want to.
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AussieTeeth Sponsor
Gus said in a recent interview ( fronttowardsgamer.com/2011/11/19/front-towards-gamer-radio-episode-77-gus-sorola-from-rooster-teeth-red-vs-blue/ ) that they would make a new season, but only if they have some solid ideas.
#3  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ne0phyte
I would love to see a second season but i also trust the RT guy judgment if they don't feel the ideas are good enough then its the best they dont use time on it
#4  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tejota117ech
I don't think they are necessarily totally against doing more of them but like the others said, they have to have some good ideas. I really hope they do though, those videos are some of the funniest I've seen.
#5  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Sevecon Sponsor
They already hit the big things, food, inventory, driving, side scrolling, zombies, and lets not forget the female clothing match up, I can't think of anything off the top of my head save for weapon accuracy, sneak like splinter cell and that's about it.
#6  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Sevecon Sponsor
Stupid double post

Post edited 3/16/12 12:34PM
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tejota117ech
I agree, it seems like there should be endless endless ideas for this show but i really can't think of anything that doesn't fall under what they've already done.
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Moom
Other than trying to do some sort of Third Person Shooter thing there is really nothing that comes to mind. And they already do Machinima IRL. Bummer.
#9  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
EDJE
Who would replace Griffon?
#10  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ThatDoanGuy Sponsor
I would like to point out that in the newest podcast (#159) I can't exactly quote since I'm a lazy Grif-tard, but someone (maybe Burnie) said something about a new season of Immersion.

It went something along the lines of (Now remember I am going off of memory):
Gavino: I missed so much while I was gone, like Immersion. I would have loved to do Immersion.
Burnie: Maybe we should eat sandwhiches. And do season two of immersion.
#11  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
EDJE
Heard that too. It seems like it's an idea drifting in Burnie's head.
#12  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ThatDoanGuy Sponsor
In reply to EDJE, #12:

Hopefully there will be a season 2. Maybe even with Gavino as a co-host in replacement for Griffon, that would be awesome.

On a side note I thought you where Emma Stone for a sec :O.. You might need to get that checked.
#13  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
jewedlaw
In reply to ThatDoanGuy, #11:
I would like to point out that in the newest podcast (#159) I can't exactly quote since I'm a lazy Grif-tard, but someone (maybe Burnie) said something about a new season of Immersion.

It went something along the lines of (Now remember I am going off of memory):
Gavino: I missed so much while I was gone, like Immersion. I would have loved to do Immersion.
Burnie: Maybe we should eat sandwhiches. And do season two of immersion.

Of the two ideas proposed by Burnie notice which one came first. Eating sandwiches.
#14  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Laggy Sponsor
It only came up in conversation because Gavin said how he missed it and I think Burnie just responded with "Well we can always do another season of Immersion" but like everyone said, they need the ideas first.
#15  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Newchurch
I can't remember where, maybe in the commentary for an immersion episode but i think burnie said they weren't planning on doing a season 2. but that was a while ago i guess.
#16  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
laserswords waterbender
I hear they're doing a new series of episodes about sandwiches, starring Gus and Geoff as a reuben and a pastrami.
#17  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Flamebait
Newchurch
In reply to laserswords, #17:

That's just ridiculous. Why would they do that?
#18  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Lame
Stroud458
It would be awesome if another season would come out but I wouldn't want Gavin to replace Griffon. I think they should have Geoff, Gus AND Gavin as the Guinea Pigs.
#19  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
fansince2010 Sponsor
The only thing I can think of is people surviving a bunch of gunshots, but I think we all know how that will turn out. I don't know about you, but I don't want funeral plots for Nos. 1 and 2.
#20  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
49283 SUMMER HYPE
Immersion was one of my favorite series.
#21  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
rScharn29 Sponsor
agreed i don't know who could replace Griffon
#22  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
fansince2010 Sponsor
I've got another idea: can you really smash bricks by headbutting them? (Mario)
#23  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
EDJE
In reply to fansince2010, #23:

Wouldn't really go very far. Immersion episodes would have to be at least 4 minutes long.
#24  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Stroud458
In reply to rScharn29, #22:
agreed i don't know who could replace Griffon

No one could replace Griffon, she's awesome!
#25  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Aster Sponsor
Immersion was honestly probably one of the best ideas RT has had. But like you all said, they do need ideas. Off the top of my head I can see an episode based on sneaking/stealth. Maybe one testing to see if popular video game tools hold up in real-life (I just really wanna see Geoff and Gus struggle in real Iron Boots). Maybe an episode to see how collecting stuff goes, like collecting coins and having to carry em or something. There's possibilities but it's up to them
#26  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LtGrayson10 Anti Sane
I could see immersion being not a season based show that they would put on a dvd but something that they add on to each time they come up with something which may be several times a year, or could be once every two years, who knows. I do know that it rocks!! Favorite episode was definitely the food one. Geoff and Gus looked like they were dying.
#27  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AgentWashing
Some kids tried to make a season two of Immersion, they did trick shots in real life.

youtube link

really bad compared to RT's, but they are like 16.
#28  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AgentWashing
In reply to AgentWashing, #28:

forgot to add that I would much rather see an RT Immersion Season Two rather than a fan made version.
#29  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
49283 SUMMER HYPE
All I have to say is, is there should be a second season with Geoff and Gus vs Brandon and Gavin. And the slogan will be CAN YOU SURVIVE SCIENCE!!
#30  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.