Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

DoNothing69
Comic Book MenAMC's new "reality" show that follows the Walking Dead and premières Sunday 12th February. It's based around the employees of Kevin Smith's New Jersey Comic Book Store "Jay and Silent Bob's secret stash".

Official Website

Looks like it's gonna be a fun show and is a must see if you're a fan of Kevin Smith or the Tell em Steve Dave podcast. Anyone gonna be watching?
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
16 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
datalaughing Forum Mod
So halfway through this first episode, and I'm enjoying it. Though quite honestly, the flea market parts and the parts with them all sitting around like recording a podcast I find much more interesting and fun than the Pawn Stars type scenes where people bring something in to try and sell to the store.

Also, we learn the valuable lesson that people at flea markets are scary and you should stay far away.
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Juicebox777 I AM GROOT
In reply to datalaughing, #2:

The woman with the Chucky doll was scarier. I thought she might try to kill them when they told her the doll wasn't worth much.

Anyways, the show was good, but I wish it was less like Pawn Stars. I'd rather watch this than Pawn Stars, but that's mostly because it's about comics and because of the conversations in the podcast and the store.

Also the next episode looks interesting. I'll definitely stay around after Walking Dead to see it again.
#3  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
yeager
In reply to Juicebox777, #3:

I think, given time, it'll be less like a nerdy pawn show, and more of nerds dicking around a comic shop. Essentially a real life, more optimistic clerks
#4  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
DoNothing69
I've just got my fingers crossed that it gets shown on UK TV soon as I have no other way to watch it at the moment.

hint hint

PM me if you can help *wink*
#5  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
datalaughing Forum Mod
Walt just basically ordered Ming to give Jay a bunch of money. That's so fucked up.
#6  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
yeager
In reply to datalaughing, #6:

To be fair, we'd have all done the same
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Baraxis
I've really been digging this series. This last episode was crazy, lots of neat things brought into the shop.
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
datalaughing Forum Mod
Just watched this week's episode. The Jersey devil hunt was pretty fun. Wish they'd drawn it out a bit more even.
#9  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DarthDude Sponsor
I love this show, just some of the stuff they get coming into the store and the stories you hear; this week they had an amazing fantasy #15- the first appearance of spider man- walk into their store. it wasn't in all that good of condition, but how many people can say they saw the item that created one of the most iconic super heroes ever and created a media franchise that has made billions. To think the last issue of a comic that decided to introduce a one shot character could lead something as huge as spider man!
#10  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Baraxis
In reply to datalaughing, #9:

That's an old episode.
#11  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
datalaughing Forum Mod
In reply to Baraxis, #11:

Umm, yeah, 3 months old. Because I made that post 3 months ago.
#12  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
Baraxis
In reply to datalaughing, #12:

Oh yeah. Shut up.
#13  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
datalaughing Forum Mod
So did everyone manage to follow the show to Thursday nights?
#14  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DarthDude Sponsor
can't believe they got stan lee to be part of their pitch video- thats how you know how serious someone is
#15  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DoNothing69
In reply to DarthDude, #15:

Stan Lee seems to be in the show a lot now, they should get him working in the store.
#16  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.