Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

dude751
Halo 4: Chief's ArmorI love everything they did with Chief's armor except for the helmet. I'm not really sure what it is about it, but I just don't like his helmet. What are your thoughts on Chief's new swag?
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
124 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
josh Canuck
It's very slick, but I think they lost something by streamlining it so much. The Halo 1 helmet has an awesome silhouette that you instantly knew it was the MC. Now that is lost.
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Jakey
I like it.
#3  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
FBLegacy Sponsor
I think everything that 343 added to his armor looks great, but i have one small problem with it and that is his helmet. It just doesn't look like Mrk 6 anymore. overall though it looks great
#4  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Fennah
bitches dont know bout his jetpack. he look like a boss, when has the chief ever look otherwise?
#5  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 4 WTF
spi
They made him look more sleek and fast, when he used to seem heavy and basically just boss, now he is a bit to light looking, make sens? imo.
#6  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
MiamiMarlins
I think his armor looks fine and besides old halo titles will still have the classic chief armor
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Lame
Moonrager
I only wished they had kept the Halo 3 armor, I thought that was the best armor out of all that Chief has worn.
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
spi
In reply to Moonrager, #8:

I felt until now they have just been making it better with the new tools they had, 4 is just changing it.
#9  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
Moonrager
In reply to spi, #9:

Very true, and its actually a good thing to see that they're using it in someway to be productive with the main character and everything else that's in the game.

Very true Spi, I take your reply into consideration.
#10  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dude751
In reply to Moonrager, #8:

343 said that they would somehow explain how he got new armor. I'm not sure how since from what we know, he's been frozen since H3.
#11  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
spi
In reply to dude751, #11:

Maybe it was already on the ship? and they were going to give it to him before it got destroyed?
#12  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jacob52
I remember reading that some changes would be explained but not all, I guess things like the jetpack will probabbly have an explanation.

I don't have a problem with out it looks but it is slightly jarring how much it's changed if it's the same armour.
#13  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TPaz korokva117
It's the same helmet, except the sides of the helmet are not smooth. Compare these from Halo 3(top) and Halo 4(bottom)

The front is pretty good though.

I don't care that much about the rest of body because the iconic helmet is what I look for. In the end it doesn't really matter and we'll all get used to it. I know because I had to change my Commander Shepard in Mass Effect.
#14  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
MasSkullking Person
In reply to Jacob52, #13:

He has always had thrusters on the back of his armour, they just were never usable in any of the games.
#15  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
King13King
I really like it, I just hope it doesn't get TOO cartoony looking. But I like the feel they have on it so far, I'm sure it might look slightly different in the final game, it still has a good 7 months left in production.

I give it a 7/10
#16  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
PrivatTucker
I think the body armour is the best he's ever had, hope you can get it multi-player too coz that would look awesome with the Spartan IV helmet
digging the new shoulders too, something completely different from any other halo but still fits in a way
#17  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Ditto
NeonWolfXB
I personally really like this armour however I really hope there is a story reason for the change and it's not just a retcon.
#18  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
milesprower Loves Brady

Good. And I hope they do a good job of it.

And I hope the multiplayer armor customization is even more robust than Reach's.

Except the Haunted Helmet.

Haunted is badass, but I'm NOT playing 8,000+ games. Of Reach, or Halo 4. Please don't repeat Bungie's mistakes, 343.

Post edited 4/13/12 2:28PM
#19  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PyBro
Looks good, they changed it up, but just enough to keep it fresh. I don't see anything that wrong with the new helmet. What really bugs me are those shoulder pads! They look a little too sleek.
#20  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Prototape

It's already been somewhat explained, the Mjolnir armor has Nanomites that update the armor as time goes on. Though I think that was made up last minute to kind of explain the change, but regardless it's there.
#21  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TPaz korokva117
In reply to Prototape, #22:

Sources?
#22  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
milesprower Loves Brady
In reply to Prototape, #22:

Ditto to korokva. That's the first I've heard of that. If that was the case, he wouldn't have had to swap out the Mark V for the Mark IV at the beginning of Halo 2.
#23  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MasSkullking Person
In reply to milesprower, #24:

Although I agree with you that this sounds like B.S.

I have to say(if this was true) it could be a feature introduced with Mark IV and it was not present in Mark V.

But I hope the actual reason is something that is thought out/planed a lot better than this...
lol.
#24  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TPaz korokva117
In reply to MasSkullking, #25:

I don't really care about the story reason that much, the redesign is to separate trilogies and to make John look like a Tank and a Jet, and they have, he looks way faster and stronger than Halo 3.
#25  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
milesprower Loves Brady
In reply to korokva117, #26:

Some of us care a little about the story, and hope they don't shit on the established canon like Bungie did with Reach.
#26  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
TPaz korokva117
In reply to milesprower, #27:

I care about the story, but an aesthetic change isn't really important. They could say "This is Mark VII armor that just happened to be developed and put on the ship but we never had time to put it on" and I would be happy, and that wouldn't be as crazy out there as the Reach timeline.
#27  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MasSkullking Person
In reply to korokva117, #28:

I agree with most of that.
I'm just saying I hope the reason just isn't as far-fetched as nanomites in the armour.
What you just suggested is a lot more believable/likable (even with all the wholes in it, which I won't get into cause it doesn't really matter.)
#28  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Prototape
In reply to korokva117, #23:

Glasslands, it's very briefly mentioned.
#29  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TPaz korokva117
In reply to Prototape, #30:

On page 213 of Halo Glasslands, Phillips says "Hey, you know that suit maintains and upgrades itself when she's[Naiomi] in cryo? It's all nanotech"

Nanotech doesn't necessarily refer exclusively to nanomites or nanites. Nanotechnology refers to all technology on very small scale. I think Phillips was referring to the MJOLNIR armor's tech that communicates with the Spartan neural interface, or the MJOLNIR armor's optical computer memory that holds A.I.

Also, in Game Informer 229, page 43 (The Halo 4 Cover Story), in a section that goes through some of the start of Halo 4, Cortana tells John "I rewrote your suit's firmware while you were out." so it looks like Cortana may have also done some physical upgrades as well.

Damn, this post took a lot of research. Do I need to submit a Works Cited?
#30  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Cool
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.