LIVE NOW: RT Podcast

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

HunkyDory
So I'm buying a new Xbox...I know that whichever model I get, it's going to be a 250 Gig model. Any suggestions on which accessories and peripheries I should get?
I was just wondering what you guys might have to suggest for must have ad-ons to my new console.

-h
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
34 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
dreamcast717
I'd ask here.
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
In reply to dreamcast717, #2:

So, it has to go there? Get mushed in with all of the other questions? I though this part of the forum was for gaming in general?
#3  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BreadlessYet
If you are getting a slim I advise getting an inter-cooler. You never know if you will want to put in into an entertainment center.
#4  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
In reply to BreadlessYet, #4:

Well I don't have an entertainment center. Just a TV. But the new 360 Slims have no over-heating problems reportedly. Have you had problems with a Slim over-heating?
#5  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BreadlessYet
Only in enclosed areas. If it is out in the open you should be fine.
#6  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
In reply to BreadlessYet, #6:

Goody, then I will have no problem.

So what do you think about a Kinect? Is it a must have accessory for the xbox?
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
c040242 Sponsor
i have the original 360 and the newest one that came with kinect, kinect is a great thing especially for partys but note u need an up to date xbox to play it
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
Yeah. My XBOX is always up to date. It's just that I can't play it anymore on account of the fact that I can't be on it for more than 7 minutes or it'll over heat.
#9  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
c040242 Sponsor
no i actuly mean u need to update ur xbox the actual xbox itself rather than the softwear
#10  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
In reply to c040242, #10:

Oh really? But I though they made adapters that workers with the old XBOXs?
#11  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
c040242 Sponsor
possibly, im not 100% on it
#12  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
spi
if you get kinect, plz, for the sake of your xbl friends get/use a normal mic, kinect sounds horrible over xbl imo.
#13  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
ErickK
In reply to BreadlessYet, #4:

I heard intercoolers are a waste of money because it will use more energy to cool it thus, the electric bill will go up.
#14  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
spi
In reply to ErickK, #14:

but it still keeps your console working good, the bill just goes up, but not enough to bug ppl, if your that worried about the bill going up you would turn off all you power strips too.
#15  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
smokemonster Sponsor
I have the launch gen and keep it in a cabinet and have no over heating issues. I just install every game on the HDD so the Disc Drive doesn't need to run. No red rings yet!
#16  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
spi
In reply to smokemonster, #16:

I kept my halo3 360 in a cabinet and didn't have over heating probs till I took it out in the open =P just a fun fact
#17  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
Awesome, thanks for your suggestions everybody. I will decinitely keep the Kinect mic issue in mind when I grab my new box. Plus, I already have a pair of Turtle Beach headphones which are fucking baller.
#18  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
So, apparently the Star Wars XBOX bundle a 320 Gig drive and comes with a Kinect. Only hang up is A) I have 0 interest in that game, B) does it really have to make R2 sounds when I use it? I mean the Halo ones were nerdy enough, but Star Wars? I'd have to send my friends out of the room when I turned it on.
#19  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
c040242 Sponsor
In reply to HunkyDory, #19:

this is cool though nerd it up :P
#20  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
HunkyDory
In reply to c040242, #20:

Haha, I guess that's true. I really wanted the original skew though which was only $399 and didn't come with that atrocious game.
But what can you do?
#21  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
spi
In reply to HunkyDory, #19:

Are you referring to the Reach slim? my halo3 360 doesn't make any sounds, and I don't see how halo is nerdy =P starwars, sure, but halo? nah.
#22  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
Reach Slim. I know it makes sounds.
#23  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
c040242 Sponsor
In reply to HunkyDory, #21:

sell the game back too gamestop or game ?
#24  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
In reply to c040242, #24:

Ha, yeah. I'll bet they'd still find a way to tell me, "Well, shrink-wrapped games have been touched by the owner so we can only give you 5 dollars for it."

*rolls eyes*
#25  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TrueMischief Sponsor
I bet they are going to do a halo launch console if you want to wait a few months
#26  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
In reply to TrueMischief, #26:

Not really interested. I'm not that convinced that 343's Halo will stack to Bungie's Halo. It just doesn't seem possible.
#27  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TrueMischief Sponsor
In reply to HunkyDory, #27:

Well Halo 2 is already my all time favourite so I doubt it as well. It could be OK though. You never know.
#28  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HunkyDory
In reply to TrueMischief, #28:

Yeah, Halo 2 is just so fuckin' good. But I think Halo 3 is my favorite. I wish to God that they'd redo a Halo 3 XBOX 360 Slim. I'd easily drop $500 dollars for that.
#29  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TrueMischief Sponsor
In reply to HunkyDory, #29:

I found Halo 3s story to be a little lacking as well as the game felt mildly cartoony to me. I will look into another counsel later this summer to replace my old elite.
#30  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.