You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Jamspencer
Best game on your shelf ATM What's the best game on your shelf at the moment and why?. For me it's got to be Red Dead Redemption. Id forgotten how good it was but today I decided to go back to it and my god that game is amazing. I love the multiplayer. The freedom to roam about on your horse is great and the fact you can have a full scale gang war where everyone is involved is amazing. I find myself getting lost into its vitual world for hours on end. I personally think it is one of the best games ever made which sadly disappeared a lot quicker than it should have.
#1  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
32 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Paladynae
Yeah, I'd probably agree with RDR, although there are some other fantastic games (like Fallout 3, ME3, ...) another added appeal is that it's a new IP and it's something that hadn't really been done in a game before. I do like some older games better, but that's probably gotta do with nostalgia so that doesn't really count.
#2  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jamspencer
In reply to Paladynae, #2:

Yeah I think that was the best bit of RDR the idea of being a Cowboy which was everybodies dream as a kid :) Kind of allowed the Fallout series just to pass me by but I should give it a go. I hear it's amazing.
#3  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Paladynae
It really is, though the glitches are pretty annoying sometimes, but that's Bethesda for you!
#4  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BtotheKS
I think the best game I have on my shelf has got to be either Gears 3 or Assassin's Creed Revelations. I've played the campaign of both several times, and plan to play the multiplayer a whole lot more for achievements once my Xbox gets fixed.
#5  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
natedorg666
It would have to be more then 1 for me..
1. original Halo CE (not remake)
2. L.a Noire
3. Skyrim
4. Morrowind
5. RDR
6. Halo reach
#6  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dxnatta123 Sponsor
At the moment? My copy of Skyrim, but thats only if your looking for a physical copy.If you account for things like Steam, then its a 3 way tie between TF2/Xcom/ and Portal 2.If i could find the Cd it would be Alpha Centauri,hands down
#7  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
warmakerwill
It would either be fallout 3 or halo 3. I just started playing halo 3 again and wow I forgot how great it is I am loving it all over again
#8  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErickK
I have Halo Wars and Spyro Dawn of the Dragon on my shelf. I like to keep the Spyro one because I have a two dollar bill inside it.
#9  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Pherby
Shelf, RDR. Just a great great great game.
On my PC "shelf" I cant name just one, Sniper Elite V2 I have been enjoying the hell out of so im choosing that for now.
#10  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
josh Canuck
Fallout New Vegas. I've beaten it several times over, but I still love to pop it in and just dick around with the insane weapons.
#11  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
MightyEfase NintendoFan
Fallout 3. Such a good game. It is one of the few games that I simply refuse to sell. Also, Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl will never, ever be taken off.
#12  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Don_Jimbo_27
Minecraft. (It's in my hard drive, which is in my Xbox 360, which is on my shelf, so there.)
#13  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HelloIamDrew
RDR was a really good game when all my friends had it.
FarCry 2 when lots of people played it, it was sooo fun and had a very friendly community.
Fallout 3 I 100% it got all achievements including DLC, brilliant game.

One of them.
#14  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Rubedo187
Mine would have to be a tie between Mass Effect 3 and Skies of Arcadia Legends. Mass Effect 3 is already a given just cause of the game's pure epicness (setting the ending aside for a moment), but Skies of Arcadia and its remake Skies of Arcadia Legends are such underrated games that were unbelievable. I really hope it gets re-released on one of the main systems' stores just so that more people can enjoy how classic it is.
#15  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UlfvarrOT
I'm stuck between Soul Calibur 5, Skyrim, and Diablo 3
#16  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Tear08
Hmm...

Either Halo Anniversary for the Nostalgia and memory factors...
Or Max Payne 3 for the simple sake it's a whole hell load of fun...

...Or, if we wait a few hours, it could be Ghost Recon Future Soldier once it lands on my shelf...
#17  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dasurfinbird
I have the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and I love all three games that are in it. Grand Theft Auto IV with all the DLC is a personal favorite of mine too, but I wish they would add turn signals in the next game.
#18  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hackett
Spyro 1. Hands down
#19  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TMWolf
I don't think I could pin it down to one game... For PS2 it's pretty close between the Jak & Daxter Trilogy and Shadow of the Colossus, and then for PS3 the Assassin's Creed Series and then Journey (the PSN game)t. And for the DS/Nintendo there's Pokemon. Always love Pokemon.

-T.M.Wolf-
#20  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hackett
In reply to TMWolf, #20:

Assassin's Creed is so god damn good
#21  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TMWolf
In reply to Hackett, #21:

Hell f*cking yeah it is. Although the first game's fighting system-- now that I play it again-- annoys the shit out of me >___> AC II and on battle system for the win!
#22  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hackett
In reply to TMWolf, #22:

Yeah AC1 was super frustrating at times. Can't wait for number 3! (5)
#23  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kacj321
1) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
2) Halo Reach
3) Fallout 3
4) Red Dead
5) Hitman BloodMoney
#24  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AfflictedAce
Probably Battlefield 3, this game never seams to disappoint me.
#25  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
beefiesttaco The Beefiest
I think I'll choose... all of them!
#26  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
windlenot
Rock Band 3 is definitely one of them. I always go back to that game. I can't really determine other "top" games, but Bully, Left 4 Dead, and Skate 2 are definitely up there.
#27  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hawkclaw
Batman: Arkham City
Halo: Reach
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2 and 3
Skyrim

Some of the best games I've ever played
#28  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NeutralGreen Snorlax
Mass Effect 3 for me. Mainly because it's what I'm playing most often, and the Operation weekends are good motivation to come back and spend a couple days with it.
#29  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jryix Nyx
Borderlands or Arkham City, hours of fun in both.
#30  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.