Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Aster Sponsor
ToonamiOdds are if you're a fan of anime you're familiar with Toonami. The program block that owned a whole generation of people (Myself included) with high quality anime and overall epicness. That is, until it got cancelled. Well guess what?

www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

It's back bitches.
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
34 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Tgjanlee Fat4RTX
Yes.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

*cough* Ahem. That is awesome.
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Kaoru27Umi Vamp
Immediate reaction: YYYYAAAYYYYY!!!!
Afterthought reaction: If they fuck up Toonami again, I will personally go to CN and destroy something

Oh childhood... tehehe!
#3  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Samutz is Glitched
I'm willing to bet all they're going to do is replace the [AS] bumps during the Saturday night anime block with new Toonami bumps.

Post edited 5/17/12 11:29AM
#4  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
pal_sch
Something tells me Aftermath is still going to be better.
#5  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Juan Pirate King
that's..................
#6  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
PR0MAN1
I am sooo happy its coming back
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Tgjanlee Fat4RTX
In reply to pal_sch, #5:

OH MY... WHAT THE...THAT EXIST?!?

There IS a Buddah.
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
kev77
here's hoping it doesn't suck! *swigs a beer* what shows do you think they'll play? I really hope "Tiger and Bunny" makes it on there
#9  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AptDestroyer
Starting day/night whatever you want to call it the shows are Deadman Wonderland, Casshern Sins, Ghost in the Shell, and Cowboy Bebop. Along with Bleach and Full Metal like usual
#10  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RainBroDash
IMPORTANT:

Everyone needs to tune in and watch. If they get high ratings they can get funding to bring in more shows. The survival of Toonami is at stake!
#11  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Aster Sponsor
In reply to RainBroDash, #11:

Tis why even though I despise Bleach with a passion my TV is currently tuned to watch it.
#12  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
kev77
Casherin sins looked amazing. Really good move putting that one on
#13  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AptDestroyer
Cant wait to find out more about Deadman Wonderland
#14  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
mushashi RT Sponsor
I am excited about this, but not looking forward to Casherin Sins. Not that good a show.
#15  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Aster Sponsor
They're still looking for shows to fill their line-up and are asking for a bit of fan input on that as well. Make your voices known people! (But if anyone says Naruto I will knife them).
#16  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
techyguy789
I'm so glad it's back, the sweet scent of my childhood. I loved Deadman Wonderland already, and Casherin Sins look good as well. Tonight's the night, so don't forget to tune in toonami faithful
#17  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
CombatGam3r Spy
In reply to AptDestroyer, #14:

I just finished all of Deadman Wonderland subbed. (Only 12 episodes). Amazing anime, great story telling Supposedly a 2nd season is on the way but has been delayed due to all the things that have happened in Japan.

As for Casherin... I'm not to particular to the art style, but I'll give it one more episode before I make a final decision.
#18  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Aster Sponsor
In reply to CombatGam3r, #18:

From what I've heard it supposedly picks up after a few episodes. I myself found the last episode significantly better (Still not amazing) so maybe. Gotta agree on the style though
#19  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Akodo ShodaiHokage
In reply to CombatGam3r, #18:

Yea I was on the fence with Casshern, the art style throws me off, adn the story is slightly screwed to me. But that may be because Im in like episode 3 and missed the 1st two. So Im hoping they get some better Funimation Anime, since it seems they have some kind of deal with them or Bandai for Anime realm. But so Happy Toonami and Tom ARE BACK!
#20  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Burnt2Shreds Metal Gear
They managed to get the rights to air two new anime titles with such limited funding, so that was awesome. I'm loving Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins. Once they start to really pick up steam, they'll probably get some new anime.
#21  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
willandrew09
In reply to Tgjanlee, #2:
Yes.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

*cough* Ahem. That is awesome.

Thanks for the link.... Ghost in the Shell my favorite one...
#22  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Burnt2Shreds Metal Gear
Deadman Wonderland getting pretty insane (in a good way).
#23  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Aster Sponsor
Update: Two New shows have been announced for Toonami coming up. Death note and FLCL (Fooly Cooly).

Not the first time they've been aired on CN but they'll make great additions
#24  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
CombatGam3r Spy
Well I love DeathNote, got all the episodes paid for on my Xbox already. I'm not too much of a fan of FLCL but I watch it if it's on. Sounds like their doing good
#25  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KenjiSenpai
I loved death note, and Fooly Cooly was ok, but I was so happy when Toonami started airing Cowboy Bebop. It's easily my favorite anime.
#26  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Aster Sponsor
In reply to KenjiSenpai, #26:

I'm not sure if DN or FLCL is still green-lighted but there are two new shows on the block. Samurai Seven and Eureka Seven, both good series.
#27  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Burnt2Shreds Metal Gear
Yeah, they're both great. My favorite show on Toonami right now is still Casshern Sins.
#28  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
pix3l
COWBOY BEBOOP IN TOONAMI?! sorry, I am completely off of that is going on in the world but this is the best thing I have read so far.... Spike... jhadgcakdlhckbcauhbdclnwshcwkncmdsak <3

Post edited 9/06/12 7:58PM
#29  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Burnt2Shreds Metal Gear
Actually they stopped airing Bebop. It's been running on Adult Swim for pretty much as long as Adult Swim has existed, to be fair, So I am glad they retired it. They put in Eureka 7 and then moved Ghost In The Shell SAC to Bebop's slot.
#30  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.