Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Euan
Ever bought a game and not played it?!Have you ever bought a game and then once you've bought it you just can't be bothered playing it?!

I recently done this with Gears of War 3, I still haven't played it haha. I've had it since Christmas, don't know why but every time I put it in I just can't be bothered.

Is this weird?! Have you ever done a similar thing? If so what game?
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
45 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Kacj321
I bought the Silent Hill Collection played 5 mins never turned it on again, I wasted 20 pound on a pile of crap :(
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Euan
The weird thing with me is I know I will enjoy Gears of War 3 once I start playing it, just for some reason I can't be bothered with it haha.
#3  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Karl Roosterspeak
I've got call of juarez the cartel and dragon age origins and I just can't seem to play them no matter what I do.
#4  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SkeltonUK
Zack and Wiki
#5  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Samutz is Glitched
Gears of War 2 and 3 Halo ODST
Bought them used recently and are in my queue of games I need to play.

Also many games on Steam that I got on sale (or part of a bundle on sale).
#6  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Longhorn2Be
I bought dead rising 1 and 2. I played the first one and got pissed I had a time limit the whole game so I never opened the second. It sat in my room for 8 months until I finally sold both games to a friend. You can't rush art when it comes to killing zombies.
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BtotheKS
I've had RAGE since christmas and I haven't played nearly any of it since there's 3 discs.
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kacj321
In reply to BtotheKS, #8:

Strangely it comes on 3 discs and its short as hell, the 2 disc contain 2 hub towns with about 4 hour worth of content on each disc. The three disc had the onlin eon it :/
#9  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ikagawa Sponsor
In reply to BtotheKS, #8:

That game was such a bloated piece of trash.
#10  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
BtotheKS
In reply to Ikagawa, #10:

Ouch, never thought that game was hated so much
#11  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ikagawa Sponsor
In reply to BtotheKS, #11:

I more often than not seem to be in the minority about my opinion regarding Rage. It was boring, the story was tired, the driving portions were put in to distract you from the complete lack of anything memorable about the game, and for some reason they decided that the only reason to even have multiplayer was to play their terrible racing game since the co-op fun house shooting part was bland.

It was a "serviceable" shooter, but it was exceptionally mediocre.
#12  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Hunter Achievement
One thing that I tend to do is buy games on Steam when they go on sale, download them, and then never get around to playing them.

I think Burnie brought up that he does this too; Just the fact that we HAVE these games in our Steam inventory is a satisfaction, and getting them for a great price is awesome. It just seems like I have so many great games that I've never gotten around to trying just because of laziness.
#13  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Uniltiranyu Scratch
Only played Sims 3 twice

Stupid Dual Core :(
#14  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErickK
I played an hour of AC2 and it was so boring. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!
#15  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Uniltiranyu Scratch
In reply to ErickK, #15:

Dont let Jack read that
#16  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Longhorn2Be
In reply to Karl, #4:

I despised Call of Juarez. Dragon age origins story line was awesome but the game play was no where near as good as dragon age 2.
#17  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Longhorn2Be
In reply to ErickK, #15:

How dare you lol. I felt Assassins Creed one was REALLY repetitive but from there the series grew more and more amazing as each game came out.
#18  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
nate215 Sponsor
I brought Blaze Blue: Clamity Trigger in hopes that another fighter would take over my SF4 obsession and I played it once before returning it for full store credit.
#19  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
chaput23 Sponsor
Bioshock 2. I've heard its good.Just can't bring myself to put it in and play it.
#20  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DangerShroom Sponsor
There's a few I bought on Steam that I played for 2-3 minutes and uninstalled again.
#21  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Uniltiranyu Scratch
Dota 2 Beta
#22  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Tudor Forum Mod
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout New Vegas, Prince of Persia and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
Just can't find the time for them, but I really want to play Brotherhood
#23  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Worshiper
I did it with the latest COD game. Me and my brother got it for each other for Christmas, but I never played because I was busy with work and had absolutely no time. I played for the first time today with my brothers girlfriend.
#24  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Scutterbotch
GOW 2. Played the first level of GOW 1, the controls were so bad, i couldn't play it anymore.
#25  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DanFlyhight
This happened to a friend of mine he bought Homefront when it first came out and he STILL hasn't opened it.
#26  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BuckeyeEagle
Its happening with me right now, I have the Metal Gear HD collection and Deaus Ex that i really have not bothered to play.
#27  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MrMajiggles Rectum
I bought my xbox 2 years ago, and I got Alan Wake free. I haven't played it since.
#28  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dacalac teh spy
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood & Revelations. Well...I took out Revelations but only really played the MP after seeing the AH guys doing a "Let's Play". I haven't touched the campaign at all. I think the only reason I haven't returned Brotherhood is because I can't find the receipt.
#29  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Greenie That Guy
Admittedly I bought a few games because I had played them other peoples houses, but once I had bought, them they never even got in the tray. Games such as Borderlands, Gears of War, and Modern Warfare. I'm sure there's more, but I haven't seen them recently enough to even remember them.
#30  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.