Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

RoadBlock Site Admin
ANDY PETTITTE COULD USE SOME OBAMACARE

Really I just threw some topical words together. Also LOL YANKEES :D
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 6 Funny
6,039 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Bey Forum Mod
lol. my dad is trying to use the computer.
#1,112  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dopp drunksox
In reply to warmsox, #1097:
In reply to Suto_Griff, #1096:

They got heavy sanctions.

* Penn State has been fined $60 million

* 4 year bowl ban

* Vacated wins from 1998-2011

* 20 total/10 annual scholarship reduction for 4 yrs

* Any entering or returning players can transfer without penalty
the fuck? What does it have to do with the players? This is bullshit. The whole situation violated federal law and is being felt with through the legal system. The NCAA has nothing to do with this.

Sometimes I hate college footb- I mean... hand puppets
#1,113  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swooper74 Sponsor
In reply to Dopp, #1113:

The university and football program covered for a child rapist for years. Let's not pretend there's a whole lot of innocence in either the school or the program. As for the NCAA, it's clearly a political move, acting to distance their organization from what was done, but I'd like to think it's also the league expressing genuine disgust for the actions of one of their members.
#1,114  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NaraVara Forum Mod
being felt with through the legal system.
Contextually appropriate typos are hilarious.
#1,115  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
Dopp drunksox
In reply to swooper74, #1114:

I never said anyone was innocent. I just think it's a legal issue and not an issue of athletics. If I'm not mistaken, everyone directly involved with the cover-up no longer works for Penn State. If this is the case, then the sanctions are only hurting people who had nothing to do with any of the illegal activities.

Post edited 7/23/12 4:18PM
#1,116  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swooper74 Sponsor
In reply to Dopp, #1116:

I just think there's something to be said for collective guilt, especially given the way the Penn State community rallied to the wrong side when the story broke. Rather than rushing to support the victims and their families, there was a surge of support for a serial child molester and his enablers, and at that point I don't think the argument could be made that everyone involved was gone from the school. There needs to be a change in culture, and that doesn't happen by removing a few people, it's something that takes time and a wake-up call. Maybe this will be that wake-up call, maybe it won't, but at least the NCAA can say that they did something rather than continuing on as if nothing had happened.
#1,117  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swooper74 Sponsor
Wow, did Sliders ever take a turn for the worse midway through season 3. Can't put my finger on what's different, but it just isn't nearly as much fun as the earlier episodes.
#1,118  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
drewofdoom
In reply to swooper74, #1118:

If I recall, they got away from the "Alternate History" style episodes towards the end of Season 2 and started getting heavier into the whole inter-dimensional war theme.

And the reason people say that the later seasons on Sci-Fi were so good was because they got back to the "Alternate History" theme.
#1,119  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bey Forum Mod
Hey everybody. My ass is sweaty.
#1,120  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SloeBombFizz
In reply to Bey, #1120:

Well done. Bravo.
#1,121  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NaraVara Forum Mod
In reply to swooper74, #1118:
Wow, did Sliders ever take a turn for the worse midway through season 3. Can't put my finger on what's different, but it just isn't nearly as much fun as the earlier episodes.
They lost Gimli at some point didn't they?
#1,122  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bey Forum Mod
NOW I'M GONNA EAT SOME RIBS, BITCHES!
#1,123  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dopp drunksox
In reply to Bey, #1123:

That sounds unbelievable. I've had popcorn for supper at the theater where I watched Batman.

It was pretty damn good
#1,124  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bey Forum Mod
In reply to Dopp, #1124:

God dammit, no one will fucking see Batman with me.
#1,125  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
fnvicky
man, one of the most awkward moments in sports has to be when a baseball player gets traded to another team and has to play for the new team AGAINST their old team that day.
#1,126  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
fnvicky
you know what, im glad im fat.

if i wasnt this built in thigh/cupholder wouldn't work at all.
#1,127  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
DrJones SeasnalFruit
In reply to fnvicky, #1127:

Bonus cleavage crumb-catcher.
#1,128  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Suto_Griff
In reply to NaraVara, #1122:

End of season 3 as I recall.

And, yea, the show was more about trying to build on a different story line that had nothing to do with them getting home. Which was uber lame. Also, they traded out what's her face for a chick with bigger boobs. Tried to boost the ratings and what not.

Still, I really like the concept of that show and love watching the first season and some of the 2nd season. After that it just... meh.
#1,129  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swooper74 Sponsor
In reply to drewofdoom, #1119:

In reply to NaraVara, #1122:

Yeah, losing the Professor took a huge part of the light-heartlessness out of it, and the chasing after Col. Needle neck storyline got seriously tedious. Just started season four, and it's all Kromags all the time right now, so it's going to be more heavy-handed action stuff instead of the tiptoeing through the dimensions it was for the first three years.
#1,130  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swooper74 Sponsor
In reply to Suto_Griff, #1129:

Yeah, that's the other thing, adding the hardbody Marine captain who can't hold a fucking rifle or maintain the least bit of discipline and ditching the fun chick everybody liked, that was just stupid.
#1,131  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Suto_Griff
In reply to swooper74, #1131:

Seriously, why fix what ain't broke?! And now all of a sudden Quin's supposed to have an attraction for the new chick and drop his feelings for the old on a dime. Awesome plot twist, couldn't see that coming from a mile away. No mystery there what so ever. That's how I love my entertainment, spoon fed.

My favorite episode was when they end up on the Earth where women are the dominant sex and Gimli runs for mayor. Freakin' hilarious!
#1,132  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swooper74 Sponsor
In reply to Suto_Griff, #1132:

Fucking Netflix. That's the only episode that's missing, and a bunch of them played out of order.

Also, the way they killed off the Professor was such a throwaway nothing if a moment, just no impact to the way they did it. But that's nothing set next to the way they got rid of Wade, just an off-screen trip to a Kromag breeding camp, that's it. Not even a "she died trying to save Remmy or a puppy", just unceremoniously shipping out to be a sex slave. Way to send off a beloved character, guys.
#1,133  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
drewofdoom
In reply to swooper74, #1133:

As I recall, The Professor was killed off specifically because the actor was fired from the show.

I don't think I ever made it through season 3. After the Kromag stuff started I pretty much lost interest. Unfortunately, this conversation isn't exactly making me want to finish it up...
#1,134  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dopp drunksox
In reply to Bey, #1125:
In reply to Dopp, #1124:

God dammit, no one will fucking see Batman with me.
brt
#1,135  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
john DP_Cam Op_AC
In reply to Bey, #1125:

Wanna go see Batman when we're in TO?
#1,136  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Suto_Griff
In reply to swooper74, #1133:

Really? Such a bummer cuz I believe it's one of the gems of the first season.

I can't remember much about that show, now I wanna watch it all over again.

Post edited 7/24/12 6:28AM
#1,137  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
fnvicky
already awake, guess I'll be an old maid and work on my puzzle at 830 in the morning.

lol
#1,138  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
fnvicky
Unfriending people on facebook over batman spoilers...I'm serious business this morning.
#1,139  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
john DP_Cam Op_AC
In reply to fnvicky, #1139:

The Dark Knight Rises spoiler!!!! Snape, the son of Darth Vader kills Trinity with Rosebud, the sled from his childhood. Also he was dead the entire time
#1,140  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 37 ] [ 38 ] [ 39 ] ... [ 201 ] [ 202 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.