In the past week or so, I've been attempting to become more relevant and helpful in the Achievement Hunter community. One way I've attempted to do this was submit games from various platforms and upload tiles. I've just had a few questions on the process of all this stuff because throughout the process, I have been very confused.
1. How long does it take on average for a submitted game to make it into the archive of games?
2. When you've submitted your picture for a submitted game, does it keep you at the edit picture page, but at the top it says "Thanks for the submission. Blah Blah Blah." I was confused about this section because it says in the URL about "Error 205".
3. When uploading achievement tiles to the site, it recommends you use Xbox.com. I've discovered the location to find the tiles, but if you haven't unlocked the achievement already, it will stay in black and white coloring. To upload tiles, are you required to have already unlocked the achievements on Xbox?
4. If your game has been accepted, how will I know about it?
1. All games are manually approved, if in fact that do get approved, and because of the amount of submissions we get (a lot of them aren't valid submissions) we can never truly get back to people.
2. If you've submitted the game with a picture, it should already be there when we come to approve it. If it's not the final boxart though we may remove it or change it.
3. You need to have unlocked the achievements yourself in order to get the coloured tiles for them. Sites like TrueAchievements do tend to have the official achievement tiles uploaded to their site earlier, but as they host the image we won't accept them as submissions.
4. Like in my answer for the 1st question, we get a lot of submissions, so the first time you notice your game submission was approved will be when you see it on the site.
Hope this helps, and thanks for taking the time to help improve Achievement Hunter.