Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

JackalStew Sponsor
Tower of Pimps costumeThis Saturday I went to the MCM Expo in London. Like many people, I decided to cosplay. Unlike many people, I chose to be the tower of pimps. As you can expect, it was VERY difficult to move/see/hear/avoid dying from heat stroke, but totally worth it. It was pretty well received, all I could here from the inside was people shouting "TOWER OF PIMPS!!" and then trying to explain it to their friends. The highlight of my day was probably lifting up one of the blocks to see Geoff taking a photo. Anyway, for those who didn't see it (if you were there, you DEFINITELY would have seen it) here are some pics. Enjoy.

Shamelessly stolen from Gavin:

Pretty early on in construction:

All put together:

First test:

Putting it together in the car park:

Moving:

Inside (The top had to be removed twice already to get through doors):

Current body temperature 1000 degrees:

Final resting place, next to the RT booth:

Finally, just want to say mad shout out to my friends, who helped so much with building it, and more importantly being my eyes and ears, and keeping creepers and ender men away. Cheers guys!

Post edited 10/28/12 7:18PM
#1  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 12 Cool
10 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Hunter Achievement
Haha, that's hilarious and awesome dude. Must have been a bitch and a half doing ANYTHING though.
#2  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Commanderc7 Inconsistant
Haha Wish I would have gotten to go and see that for myself! That is awesome and I'm glad you didn't die from how big it was.(that's what she said!)
#3  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Tudor Forum Mod
I was tempted to steal this from the booth yesterday since it looked mighty fine. Excellent work you did sir!
#4  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
seralovely
I'm frighten by the horde of Nicholas Cages.

I need to get off the forums already. Have to go make the interstate my lady now.

#5  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Shortietom The Real Guy
That is amazing, Superb idea.
#6  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Warped_Aki Sitting Duck
That is fantastic! I'm amazed you were able to walk around in that- I probably would've lost patience, ha ha.

I wonder how many people were tempted to compete for that majestic Tower of Pimps?
#7  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RippeR117 Sponsor
I was one of the guys saying "TOWER OF PIMPS!". Awesome idea for a costume. As you left it with the RT guys, do you think they will take it back to the office to have as the reward for the weekly Let's Play? That would be so cool!
#8  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ikagawa Sponsor
Awesome! Your friends should have worked harder at keeping that crowd of Cages away from you, though. They were definitely Creepers.
#9  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JackalStew Sponsor
In reply to RippeR117, #8:
I was one of the guys saying "TOWER OF PIMPS!". Awesome idea for a costume. As you left it with the RT guys, do you think they will take it back to the office to have as the reward for the weekly Let's Play? That would be so cool!
I wish they would, only because I would like to see someone try and get it on the plane. When I left it, the obsidian was almost destroyed, the left strap was broken, and the toilet roll had come loose. Yes, I had toilet roll in there, I was prepared! I can't imagine it surviving much longer, but it was awesome while it lasted!

In reply to Commanderc7, #3:
Haha Wish I would have gotten to go and see that for myself! That is awesome and I'm glad you didn't die from how big it was.(that's what she said!)
It wasn't just too big, it was really hot. That's what she said!!

In reply to Warped_Aki, #7:
That is fantastic! I'm amazed you were able to walk around in that- I probably would've lost patience, ha ha.

I wonder how many people were tempted to compete for that majestic Tower of Pimps?
Walking around was OK, For about 5 minutes. It got so hot in there I took my tshirt off. You get a weird feeling of power when you're secretly half naked in public.

Post edited 10/29/12 5:29PM
#10  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.