Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

EmbryKaida Spiral
Season 11: Miles, Please Don't Leave UsSPOILERS WILL ABOUND!

For those who got their DVD early, they are welcome to come here and discuss the finale.

For those who have NOT received their Season 10 DVD, BE WARNED: There will be spoilers in this thread.

You all know the rules, or should. This next piece was shamelessly taken from AbundantMist from the Season 10 thread with alterations as needed:

Here is where we can discuss everything about the end of Red Vs Blue Season 10, and the future of season 11

Guidelines for Newbies Stolen from Freelancer05
This one is just a tip: FIRST IMPRESSIONS MEAN A LOT!-If you don't make a good first impression, people may never take you seriously.
1. Grammar is your friend-Try to USE PROPER GRAMMAR. I cannot stress this enough. If you post without using proper grammar and spelling, people will consider you an idiot and you will never be taken seriously. Don't make a post like this: "omg roflzors i lov tukcer" and expect to get a lot of respect.
2. Play nice-Don't come in here and try to start a fight.
3. Try to stay on topic-If there is a discussion related to RvB going on, don't jump in and tell us about your favorite lolcat.
4. LURK MOAR-Explains itself. Lurk around the thread for several pages before posting to understand what is expected of you.
5. Use spoiler tags Sponsors. The episode may be released for you, but that doesn't mean the freeloaders have seen it as well.

Don't attack fellow posters. If you want to intelligently call them out on something, make sure you have FACTS to back up the fact that they are wrong. With that being said, have fun. I will be ignoring this thread until Season 10 is OFFICIALLY over. But for those who want to be spoiled, or those who really want to jump back into the forum and talk about the season with others, here you go.

Also please note this area IS open for anyone who wishes to discuss season 11, and will be here for when season 10 ends.

FAQ:
Will there be a season 11? Really? Are people still watching the series? Yes, there will be a damn season 11.
When will the season 11 trailer be released? Do I look like I am on Cast and Crew? Well, I'm not, so I don't know. Whenever they tell us.

Post edited 3/11/13 3:18PM
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 15 Cool
20,155 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Hassard93
I'm going to keep spoiler tags for the first page just in case people don't read the first post.

I think the ship we see crashed into the side of exile at the end of season could be the Staff of Charon and the thugs Carolina and Church are going after could be the remainder of the "insurrectionists."
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 10 Cool
Bensonator Red Mask
I'll start talking here when the season is over. but for now, I'm not gonna look at this to avoid spoilers, and save it to my desktop so I won't have to go to the trouble of finding a link.
#3  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
Wash008
In reply to Hassard93, #2:

Fuck!

Didn't read what you said, but I was gonna do a first.

In my defense, I've never been able to do it before.

I'll be here next week.
#4  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 9 WTF
fansince2010 GO JETS GO
Wattup y'all! I'm posting on this page, solely for the purpose of being part of the grassroots of this thread. I'll be off this thread until finale day. See you in a week. Happy chatting.
#5  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 2 Noob
Wash008
In reply to fansince2010, #5:

So much for just a discussion for people who have seen the end.
#6  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
brrrd Coast2Coast
My predictions as to what Season 11 will encompass: The return of Charon, or at least further relevance as to what they were up to, possibly the return of Junior (doubtful, I think,) and the pay off of some things introduced throughout the series not exactly relevant to the Project Freelancer storyline.

Note: I haven't seen the end yet, so my predictions might be weirdly accurate or completely off-base. Also, I'm willing to get spoiled as to the identity of MBG if anyone wants to do so.
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
Church251 Deadwa5h
In reply to bradleykins, #7:

It's Butch Flowers...aka Agent Florida

I don't have the Dvd either but i had that one detail spoiled for me
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 WTF
brrrd Coast2Coast
In reply to EmbryKaida, #1:

I'm hoping that having someone so active on the forum lead this thread off will benefit it in the long run. AbundantMist from the Season 10 thread disappeared pretty quickly. Hopefully we don't get the outpouring of horrible ideas and generally noobery that christened that one.

Post edited 10/30/12 10:26PM
#9  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Malckeor
AH JESUS... I swore an oath. I don't know what to do, I don't know. I don't know.

Screw it. This is the official season 11 thread. IT DOESN'T COUNT! (I'M SORRY, BURNIE, MONTY AND BORNSTELLAR AS MY WITNESSES...I HAVE FAILED YOU...)

Yes, those of you who haven't seen the finale, I KNOW IT'S TEMPTING. but DON'T HIGHLIGHT THE SPOILERS...AND GET OUT OF THIS THREAD! You'll hate yourselves forever if you ruin it for yourselves. LEAVE! NOW! :P

First of all, the finale was amazing. The scenes with The Director were tear-jerking, and WE FINALLY GOT TO SEE HIS FACE! Speaking of which, I don't know whether or not anyone else felt this way, but RT seemed to be implying that Allison and Leonard were Carolina's parents, what with the same eye color and the "You are my greatest creation" line. Carolina later mentions how her mother viewed goodbyes, and goes on to say that she "had a terrible taste in men." I'm probably just being an idiot, but it felt like RT were trying to imply something...

And also, yes. MBG is Captain Flowers AND Agent Florida (YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW DIFFICULT IT'S BEEN FOR ME TO HOLD THAT IN. IT'S THE ONE THING THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN SPECULATING ABOUT FOR THE LONGEST TIME. IT HURTS KNOWING WHAT PEOPLE DON'T...). I wasn't too positive on the "cover story" that The Counselor devised. Did the Counselor ACTUALLY destroy Florida, as we saw on the screen? Or is communication with Earth skewed in the RvB universe and they were able to convince everyone in space that Florida blew up?

I also liked the little role reversal with Carolina and Church in The Director's chambers. Carolina started feeling more sympathetic, but then Church (AND THE REST OF THE FRAGMENTS, YES!) was all like "HE TORTURED US! HE NEEDS TO PAY!" Carolina then reminded him of what he learned in the memory unit in Season 9, and to let go of his hate. And the scene where The Director told FILSS to shut down all of the Freelancer facilities as he put Carolina's pistol below his chin...I tear up a little every time. Season 10 is Rooster Teeth's best. Thank you, everyone at RT. You've all still got it. :)

Honestly, I have no idea where the series is going to go. It's clear that it'll take place in Halo 4, as we saw at the end of Episode 22, but will we be following Carolina and Church, or the Reds and Blues? I feel that Carolina and Church may be gone for a season; Season 11 is probably going to be more-so like BGC with the comedy and less-serious-stuff. Then Carolina and Church will return either at the end of 11 or sometime in Season 12, and begin an all-new story arc.
#10  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 11 Cool
Echelonia BlueWash
Damnit, I really wish this thread didn't exist.

I'm a total waffle when it comes to THIS kind of temptation. I broke down. I read. Damnit.

Okay so... the important thing to me is... DID WASH LIVE? Or do we not see any more of the Reds and Blues at all in season 10, and it's just assumed Wash is still with them? I had the feeling (as I speculated in the season 10 thread) that I felt like Church was passing the leadership over to Wash when he said he and Carolina had to go on alone.

Post edited 10/30/12 11:32PM
#11  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Malckeor
In reply to Echelonia, #11:

NOOOOOO YOU SHOULD HAVE HEEDED MY WARNING!!!

But yes, Wash lives. And yes, we see more of the Reds and Blues; however, let's just say they look a little....different.
#12  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Echelonia BlueWash
In reply to Malckeor, #12:

Oh thank you God! Well you seemed to indicate that they leap to Halo 4 at the end, so I figured as much. I'm glad we do see more of the gang. In regards to the storyline next season, I would think it would HAVE to incorperate the BGC in some way, otherwise it wouldn't be RvB. Also, this was supposed to be the end of the PF storyline, to my mind at least, Carolina and Epsilon are part of PF, whereas this season Wash really became part of the BGC. I would think it would either be another split storyline, focus solely on BGC, or maybe they're going to do a spinoff with 'Lina and Church. I don't think they would have a RvB series without the actual Reds and Blues though. :D
#13  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Malckeor
In reply to Echelonia, #13:

Oh. In my post up there, by "BGC" I meant "Blood Gulch Chronicles", as in, Season 11 is likely going to have the feel of the original five seasons rather than the seriousness of the FLC ("Freelancer Chronicles" is now my official name for Seasons 6-10. :P)

A split storyline is possible again, but I hope it's not the case. I didn't really like the split storyline of Seasons 9 and 10; I would've rather had Season 9 focus ONLY on the PF backstory, and Season 10 focus solely on the BGC. I feel that having both storylines running over the course of two seasons really detracted from each of them. Season 10 was still my favorite, though.
#14  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JCOMIX SYP
All I want to know is...

What happened to the Red's and Blue's? Where's Doc? Will Lopez return?
#15  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Zing!
Strife93
In reply to Malckeor, #14:

According to the DVD case, it would be PFS for "Project Freelancer Saga".

Also, let me just say: FUCK, the identity of Mr. Blue Sky makes too much sense!
#16  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 2 Noob
Malckeor
In reply to Strife93, #16:

Ah, that's right. I forgot about the DVD case. Yes, the PFS. That's a better name than mine.
#17  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Ditto
JoshTA No strings
I think we can stop using the spoilers, guys. It's pretty clear for anyone new entering this thread that spoilers are abound, and with the first few posts using spoiler text I don't think we need to worry about it from this point onwards. If anyone reads more, it's their own fault.

I personally think/hope we'll get aliens next season as that will take the series in a completely different direction to what has been for the last 4-5 seasons, just like Reconstruction was a complete departure from BGC. However, the main issue I see with this is that there are no Elites in Halo 4, so the appearance of any aliens very much depends on them being animated. With Monty assumedly focused on his new series in the spring, it seems there will be a lot less time for him to work on RvB.

I also think we might not see Church and Carolina for a while now. I guess Season 11 can take either one of three paths:

1. Carolina and Church disappear for at least a season or two and we follow the adventures of Wash and the gang.

2. We don't see the reds and blues for a while and we stick with Church and Carolina on their adventures. I don't think this will happen as they're off getting old PF equipment and we're very much done with Project Freelancer now.

3. We stick with Wash and the gang for the first half of the season, where they stand around bickering and doing nothing until about halfway through where Church and Carolina return from their travels to warn everyone about a brand new threat and try and recruit them to go off and fight it.
#18  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Hassard93
I have to admit the final episode was my favourite part of the season with confrontation with director at the end, the use of the fragments and the reveal of Carolina's parents and MBG and we finally got to find out what happened to Georgia.

I have to admit the reveal of Carolina's parents made the Tex-Carolina conflict a lot more creepy, she competes with her dead mother for Daddy's approval.

For some reason now I want to see the adventures of Agent Florida.

In reply to Malckeor, #14:

According to the rvbx boxset, Burnie considers 6-8 and 9-10 seperate arcs with 6-8 still being called the Recollection and 9-10 being Project Freelancer.

In reply to Sn1tak, #18:

Burnie said on the commentary that he is still considering telling Church and Carolina's story.
#19  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
Xehanorto Dark Seeker
Not gonna read to much of this, only read a part confirming the identity of MBG and all I have to say is that I fucking called it, MBG is Florida who is Captain Flowers and to cover up his disapearence, they did something to Florida, I called it. Now to slowly wade back and forth as the temptation to read this increases.
#20  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JoshTA No strings
In reply to Hassard93, #19:

Well, he didn't really say anything did he? Just vague hints that nothing's been decided yet. And of course he would be! Church is his character. I'm not surprised he's reluctant to write him out of the season. Although I do believe it's the right thing to do at this point.

In reply to Xehanorto, #20:

Well done man. When you were saying it last week, I couldn't believe how spot on you were!
#21  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Church251 Deadwa5h
In reply to Sn1tak, #21:

Yeah he was so spot on at first I was suspicious he actually had a Dvd and was spoiling it for everyone in a way that was designed to look like an innocent theory
#22  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
brrrd Coast2Coast
In reply to Xehanorto, #20:

Nice call. I know I was against that idea, even if I neglected to state it outright. Ah well. At least Yarev was wrong, right?
#23  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Church251 Deadwa5h
In reply to bradleykins, #23:

Yeah I'd still prefer if it was Jimmy but this isn't bad.

Though if Yarev's theory was true I probably would have cried a little bit.
#24  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AGalNamedRR
Fuck. I spoiled myself. For some weird reason this all sounds like Fanfic material hahaha. The whole "Agent florida is Flowers" and "Carolina being the daughter of the director and Allison or whatever" Like..Seriously? It's still awesome but...Wow. NOT what I'd expected at all.
#25  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Church251 Deadwa5h
In reply to AGalNamedRR, #25:

Well the Allison being Lina's mom thing isn't confirmed I don't think but it is implied. Which creeps me the hell out. Very fanfic-like indeed
#26  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AGalNamedRR
In reply to Church251, #26:

Awesome. And yeah, creepy. :D And very fanfic-like.
#27  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Xehanorto Dark Seeker
In reply to Sn1tak, #21:

In reply to bradleykins, #23:

I gotta say my reasoning for it was that after Episode 19 of this current season, when Church describes his experience on Sidewinder to Caboose and Tucker, it just seemed wrong with the new information we had so I marked that out. After that the only logical choice was Flowers, but then I realized everyone always remarks poor Florida and I realized if Flowers was Florida, Project Freelancer must have destroyed the state or did something to it to cover up the transfer.
#28  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Savloy
In reply to Malckeor, #10:

You've convinced me i read about how the charon apparantly crashes again and don't want to read any more details. Not 100% sure how a crashed ship can crash again but i might be mixing up the names with the PF ship and the Innie ship
#29  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
JoshTA No strings
In reply to Savloy, #29:

That's not canon. It's just a theory he cooked up, don't worry.
#30  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 671 ] [ 672 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.