Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

cdnl33t Hammer
RWBY DiscussionOkay so I was looking around for a thread on RWBY, but cause there isn't one I made it. So come here to discuss it with other members and see what people thought about the trailer, and what they are hoping for, or think they can expect from Monty with this series

Guidelines for Newbies Stolen f...
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
111,054 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Wash008
So, just about a week left.

That's cool.
#1,951  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ember FoxGirl
In reply to Wash008, #1951:

Is it true that those of us stuck at home don't get to see RWBY until a couple/few weeks after RTX? Did Gus really say this?
#1,952  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Wash008
In reply to Ember, #1952:

Yes. Though I doubt it will be a month or close, We may have to wait until the 11th or 18th (I'm banking on a Thursday slot, call it a hunch.). I'm not going to RTX either, but I think I'll know better than to show up back here again until it gets off the ground for everyone.

Still, when it starts, it will be a momentous occasion.
#1,953  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ember FoxGirl
In reply to Wash008, #1953:

I am rather put out that they had previously said it would be premiering at RTX. Not having a sneak peak at RTX.

Big damn difference.
#1,954  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Wash008
In reply to Ember, #1954:

Voice the concern, it just might help.
#1,955  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zeda12123
In reply to Ember, #1954:

yeah what the fuck. So some of us can't spend thousands of dollars on three fucking days so now we have to wait weeks to see RWBY what kind of bullshit is this. If someone doesnt record it and post it anyway i'm going to be so pissed.
#1,956  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Church251 Deadwa5h
In reply to zeda12123, #1956:

Trust me, someone will DEFINITELY record it
#1,957  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jermajesty Sponsor
RoosterTeeth have always shown things early at conventions. This is not a new thing. People that attend conventions get an early screening. They've been doing it with RVB, even to the point of releasing the season DVD's a few weeks early at PAX.

Additionally, since the White trailer, the endings of the videos have specifically said it would premiere at RTX. Movies premiere early all the time and don't release in theaters the day of or the day after. Why should this be different?

#1,958  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zeda12123
In reply to Jermajesty, #1958:

Typically RT always streams what premieres at RTX so even if you dont attend you'll get to see the new content, they did this with rvb episodes, shorts, etc. This is the first time they've strayed from that pattern and they're doing it for something so major that many people are hyped up for so of course there's going to be fucking backlash.
#1,959  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Wash008
I'd really just like to see some character-interaction at this point, a whole cast trailer or something. I keep getting tripped up that Ruby is Yang's kid sister.
#1,960  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Ember FoxGirl
In reply to Jermajesty, #1958:

Because a premier for a show generally means that it's airing for EVERYBODY. If they intended an exclusive premiere, I think they should have clarified that a long while ago.
#1,961  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Ditto
DA1337WOLF
In reply to Ember, #1961:

I agree this is fucked up.
#1,962  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bainbow Great Uniter
In reply to DA1337WOLF, #1962:

Why? Some people have forked out balls-load of money to attend RTX, why shouldn't they get something out of it? When I found out I was annoyed, but not at RoosterTeeth. I was annoyed at the fact that I wouldn't get to see it for another few weeks, not that some people got to see it early.
#1,963  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Jermajesty Sponsor
In case anyone missed this gem from Monty.

#1,964  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
JesseBilling
In reply to Jermajesty, #1964:

Strange, Weiss doesn't strike me as a psycho
#1,965  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 WTF
jVictor For Science
In reply to Bainbow, #1963:

I think the reason a lot of people are upset about the wait is that we were told RWBY would premiere at RTX a long time ago, but were only recently told that there would be a delay for the online premiere. This was probably planned from the beginning, and most of us expected there would some latency between the live premiere and online premiere, but nothing as big as "a few weeks." It does kind of suck that we have to wait and dodge spoilers from anyone who saw it at RTX, but it's not like we don't have RvB, Let's Plays, Podcasts, and Achievement hunter videos to keep us occupied in the meantime.
#1,966  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
Vindicta Kitsuayan
In reply to Jermajesty, #1964:

That's so bad it's amazing xD
#1,967  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BenRG No Goodbyes
In reply to JesseBilling, #1965:

Yeah, it's just Monty playing around with the Weiss model. The presence of RWBYsaurus proves it's non-canon and non-official.
#1,968  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
jVictor For Science
In reply to BenRG, #1968:

I think it speaks to just how little we know about the actual show that we need the RWBYsaurus to know whether or not this is out of character for Weiss. And even then, I'm not ruling anything out...
#1,969  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ember FoxGirl
In reply to jVictor, #1966:

I am not as upset about the waiting. I'm more upset that it feels like we were falsely led for a while. I know it was not their intention, but it was the result.
#1,970  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Jean110 Oh yeah
They do a premiere or special screening of at least one show every year. The previous two years were RVB 9 and 10, and from what I've been told about those screenings neither were the first episode of the season. Safe to say with RWBY it wil be, but it is a natural occurence for con panel audiences to see things ahead of time. I've always just gone with he flow in that regard. If I get into the RWBY panel I'll avoid this thread. Y'know, spoilers and all.
#1,971  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Jermajesty Sponsor
I really hope there's a beach and holiday episode like most anime.

Also: I'm predicting that the RWBYsaurus is the RWBY team's ultimate form after they go all Voltron and combine. I'm sure you will all agree it makes perfect sense.
#1,972  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Wash008
Was there ever more information about the map other than it's condmenty origins?
#1,973  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bainbow Great Uniter
In reply to Jermajesty, #1972:
I really hope there's a beach and holiday episode like most anime.

No! None of that! Shame on you!
#1,974  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Wash008
In reply to Bainbow, #1974:

But, Yang in a black and yellow one-piece...
#1,975  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 WTF
Vindicta Kitsuayan
In reply to Bainbow, #1974:

I'm up for Weiss in a bikini tbh
#1,976  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 WTF
Ember FoxGirl
In reply to Jermajesty, #1972:
In reply to Wash008, #1975:
In reply to Vindicta, #1976:

Seriously, you guys?
#1,977  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Ditto
jscholfield DBAH
In reply to Wash008, #1975:

Most cosplayed episode ever.
#1,978  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Wash008
In reply to Ember, #1977:

Agent Washingboardabs
#1,979  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
Vindicta Kitsuayan
In reply to Ember, #1977:

Why not? We ALL know you'd love to see Wash in a set of swimming shorts ;P
#1,980  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 65 ] [ 66 ] [ 67 ] ... [ 3701 ] [ 3702 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.