Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

ragusa33 Sponsor
Halo 4: The Didact I thought the Didact was a fantastic new villain in Halo 4, and even though he presumably fell to his death , I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a return in Halo 5.

What are your thoughts on the Didact as the new villain?
#1  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
25 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
the_munchkin
Personally, I have been disappointed since 3.But so far so good with 4. I Think it could totally happen, There have been many surprises before, I don't see why they wouldn't have something up their sleeves this time.
#2  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
demon0496 Sponsor
In reply to ragusa33, #1:

If the Didact is as powerful as they really say, he's definitely still alive. On a side note, its really noobish for the Diadact to have telekinesis. Its like a Sith Lord using force choke 24/7 instead of actually fighting someone with a lightsaber.
#3  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kudaibergen
I like it and hate it. I feel bad for people who haven't read the Forerunner saga books, because they will not get the story.
#4  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Keegan RT Georgia
I like him, but the fact that there is no point in the game where you actually fight him, but instead go into a quicktime event for the boss fight was kind of dumb to me. Halo has never been a quicktime event game. I did like the wall jumping/climbing part though, that was fine because it was not an major part of the story.
#5  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ragusa33 Sponsor
In reply to demon0496, #3:

I was thinking exactly that when I first saw him. Seemed kinda dumb at first, but it does show how the Chief has finally found an opponent who is more than a match for him.
#6  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
demon0496 Sponsor
In reply to ragusa33, #6:

Yeah but other than that, he doesn't seem to have any other weapon besides his bare hands (which no doubt he is probably adept in hand-to-hand combat).
#7  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SpentRounds
His voice actor also voices Harbinger in Mass Effect 2, so I'm just waiting for him to shout ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.
#8  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
Thom Power power
He has to be involved in some capacity in the other two games in this trilogy. I doubt that 343 would invest in giving him the antagonistic role only for him to fall to his death after having a grenade stuck in his chest. The 'fight' would be a bit of cop out if it ended like that too.

No, I can definitely see him returning and potentially giving MC a good fight down the line.
#9  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
e5pg
He seems a bit too much like every bad guy ever. Darth Vader force choking while wearing Lord Sauron's armour, then he falls into a volcano like Gollum. Also during the part where you are flying through his ship I had the Star Wars theme going through my head, it all seemed pretty familiar to me. It was fun, but I'm not sure if it was original.
#10  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
ragusa33 Sponsor
In reply to demon0496, #7:

Well according to Halopedia, he is strong enough to crush a human skull with a single hand.

In reply to e5pg, #10:

What is these days?
#11  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
The_Comedian
I think that this villain has potential , you also see another side of him in the Terminal Videos, Its cruel and ironic. I think its better than, LOOK ALIENS, LETS KILL. He has motives that actually mean more than what it appears.
#12  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
prgmr Sponsor
In reply to Kudaibergen, #4:

I haven't read the Forerunner saga books yet, and while I was able to catch on for the most part, I definitely want to read them.
#13  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
bucklau1
It's pretty easy to get a feal for the Forerunner storyline with Halopedia/Halonation and their resources.

Like y'all said, no way the Didact is dead yet. Wouldn't the Epilogue with him narrating confirm that?
#14  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
e5pg
In reply to bucklau, #14:

Yeah that did confuse me a little, Was the city with the ash the one the composer was pointed at? Or was it another one where something mysterious had happened?
#15  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
demon0496 Sponsor
In reply to e5pg, #15:

Yeah it was.
#16  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
MetaLegacy
The name of the city that the composer wiped clean was New Phoenix, if you watch the Cinematic for Spartan Ops you will see, "6 months after New Phoenix."
#17  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
e5pg
In reply to MetaLegacy, #17:

I saw that yesterday, and when the laser was pointed at Earth it did look like southwest America so that makes sense.
#18  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SweetPanda
In reply to e5pg, #10:

When I played that final level, I had Starfox for the SNES going through my head...
#19  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Wolf09er Sponsor
I'm honestly greatly dissapointed in the Didact as a villain. He had so much power, and to be beaten so easily was a huge letdown. I was expecting a huge epic boss fight from at the least.
#20  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UndeadSpider Spectre
In reply to Wolf09er, #20:

I agree that it was a let down how easily he was beaten but I wasn't exactly surprised by how it was done just because that it seemed there was just no other way that master chief would have been able to do anything to the Didact.
#21  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Wolf09er Sponsor
In reply to UndeadSpider, #21:

I'm sure Cortana could have somehow powered him down enough for a halfway decent boss battle.
#22  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UndeadSpider Spectre
In reply to Wolf09er, #22:

But would Cortana powering him down have stopped the telekinetic powers. That's the only reason I can't really see a boss fight working that well.
#23  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MetaLegacy
I really wish there was more of a Boss fight for the Didact. I mean, you walk out on the Light Bridge, Didact appears from behind and forces chokes Chief, Cortana and her clones show up and tie up the Didact, and then Chief plants a Pulse Grenade in the Didact's armor.
#24  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
WhiskyOmega
I think he ties alot of things in the Halo Universe together for this and the lest 2 games to come, so if he doesn`t come back for the 5th game then we can probably expect to see him as the final boss in 6. Those are my thoughts, anyway.
#25  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.