Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Megapieman
Jump Start (Kickstarter promotion show)What is Cracking everybody. I am Megapieman and this thread is to tell the world about Jump Start, a show I do on my channel where I help promote Indie game Kickstarter Campaigns. I do so by either having a short overview of the games demo, if available, or by interviewing the developer(s) themselves about their project. Below are links to the different episodes of the show and I'll be sure to update this post as more are released. Keep in mind that some of these Kickstarter projects may already be over but you can still get an idea for the games they were making so you can look for them in the future.

~Past Kickstarter Projects
Demo Overview:
Chasm: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyrxetgn278

Developer Interview:
Lionel Gallat, Ghost Of A Tale: www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6UuyNT_0Ac
Matt Kap, Castle In The Darkness: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjyFRCBngkY
Kyle Chittenden & Cory Haltinner, Magnetic By Nature: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxMO3kWaTeg

-Current Kickstarter Projects-
Demo Overview:

Developer Interview:
Elliot K, So I'm A Dark Lord: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi-BtBLXXTw
#1  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
25 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Megapieman
New interview just went up. This time I talked to David and Josh from Dancing Dinosaur Games bout their Kickstarter Project, Collateral. www.youtube.com/watch?v=tifmNDd0T90
#2  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
Interview with Damon Branch about his kickstarter project Organic Panic is not live: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emk9ay8DcwA

I don't usually post interviews this close back to back but with the end dates for this kickstarter I have to get it out when its still relevant.
#3  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
8/5/2013 update
-I'm sad to report that Three Person View's Kickstarter for So I'm A Dark Lord did not reach it's goal, best of luck to Elliot K and the rest of the team.
-New Jump Start Demo overview for Krealit's game Guns N Zombies, which was pretty fun for being yet ANOTHER zombie game. I swear the fondness for Zombies in games has spread like a virus: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS8u9s-SnAc
#4  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
A big congrats to Last Limb for reaching their $40,000 goal on kickstarter for Organic Panic.
#5  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
Interview with Jim Walls (creator of Police Quest) and Robert Lindsley about their up and coming game Precinct: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSLWzPvgpuk
#6  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
New Demo Overview. This time I take a look at No Where Studios’s Kickstarter Project, Monochroma
www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8F1WE8h5Ug
#7  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
Interview with Jasper Koning about their Kickstarter for Awesomenauts Starstorm: www.youtube.com/watch?v=--MqP8tfSxA
#8  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HUDuser
Actually a pretty solid show for what you are trying. I would suggest using Reddit as a medium for advertisement and not the forums here though.
#9  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
In reply to HUDuser, #9:
Actually a pretty solid show for what you are trying. I would suggest using Reddit as a medium for advertisement and not the forums here though.
I have attempted to utilize Reddit but I have yet to get any results. Each interview gets posted on their and, unfortunately, are completely ignored.
#10  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HUDuser
In reply to Megapieman, #10:

You could try to push using your Twitter. Use a # or @ to link to the broader, more popular topic/game.
#11  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
In reply to HUDuser, #11:

I do that as well.
#12  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman

Interview with Jay (Zeebarf) Ziebarth for his Kickstarter for The Ballads of Reemus 2:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYBb4rBIcNg
#13  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
Interview with TV show creator Maxwell Atoms, creator of The Gr¦m Adventures of Billy and Mandy, about his Kickstarter for Dead Meat, a black humor puppet comedy web series, Dead Meat.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h942KkoUhI
#14  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
Big Congrats to Maxwell Atoms for a successful Kickstarter. I've decided that, in order to focus my efforts to raise awareness of projects, I will only promote one Kickstarter at a time. Since the campaign for Dead Meat is now over, that means New Interview Time.

This time I got the chance to interview Miles Tilmann & Rich Grilotti from PixelJAM about their Kickstarter for Dino Run 2, a sequel to the smash hit flash game. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH82a1LE2eQ
#15  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman

Report this post Delete post
New Jump Start interview today. I got the chance to talk to Nick Nieuwoudt from Taitale Studios about their game, Novus Aeterno. Not only did we talk about it, but I actually played it with Nick as he showed me the game.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz6J43Hw4Qo

Novus Aeterno is a space themed Massively Multiplayer Real Time Strategy game that aims to be the next evolution in the RTS genre. Consisting in one massive, constant, universe; Novus allows you to play in many different ways. Conquer planets to create and manage your own galactic empire, or just fly around in space and trade goods with your friends. It's up to you to play how you want.
#16  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
New Jump Start Developer Interview.
This time I talked to Seon Rozenblum from 3 Sprockets about Fight of the dragon:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt9IP2S-GCU&featu...

Collect loot and use magic to defeat your enemies. Solve logic puzzles as you travel through the dungeon in single player, 2 player split screen, or 4 player online co-op. Feeling a bit creative? Check out the in depth built in level editor to make your own adventures and share them online with your friends. 3 Sprockets have made sure that with Fight The Dragon, the adventure never ends!
#17  Posted 11 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
I got the chance to interview Hank Zwally of Mojo Game Studios for their Kickstarter project, Cradle. Cradle is an open-world adventure in a unique fantasy setting full of action and exploration featuring a skillful combat system, set in a world that is just as Beautiful as it is Dangerous.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG0LB0YPRyw
#18  Posted 10 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
New interview. This time I talked to Glen Forrester from Blowfish Studios about their Kickstarter, GunScape. GunScape is a FPS creation kit designed to bring familiar and fun gameplay mixed with creative and easy to use level building. Build Solo, Co-op, or Multiplayer maps and share them with players worldwide.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8V_d70IGo
#19  Posted 9 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
New interview went life today. I got the chance to talk to Montgomery Goulet from Maestro Interactive about their Kickstarter for Luna's Adventure, a beautiful 2D platformer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2vrYlaM16M
#20  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
New Jump Start Developer Interview. I got the chance to talk to Gabriel Priske about his Kickstarter, See No Evil. See No Evil is a isometric puzzle game that focuses on using sound to interact with your environment.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=saxHI4jAEa0
#21  Posted 6 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
New interview up. This time I talked with Bryce Kho of Guts Department about their Kickstarter for Aegis Defenders, a 2D game that is a mix of platform exploration and tower defense.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzrjR3da6_U
#22  Posted 4 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BobMcGeeSr
Cool idea. Do you promote non-Kickstarter games? I'm developing a game that's nearing completion and I have no idea how I'm going to promote it, but I don't need to Kickstart it
#23  Posted 4 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Megapieman
In reply to BobMcGeeSr, #23:

I have covered non Kickstarter games before. If you have any info on the game up on the web, send me a link and I'll check it out.
#24  Posted 3 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BobMcGeeSr
In reply to Megapieman, #24:

Cool, thank you. It's in the tail end of development right now, but I'll send a link when it's on Steam Greenlight
#25  Posted 3 months ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.