Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Bvhjdbvkjf
Ask Anything RvB related!The 3 purposes of this thread:
a) Help any newcomer (n00bs and newbs alike) by answering questions that need to be answered. However, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR SPECULATION.
b) If we cannot answer their question, we will inform them if a Topic has already been created or not for their reference.
and c...
#1  Posted 10 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 498 Cool
33,991 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Aster Sponsor
In reply to superwes88, #30060:

Episode 59 (Or Episode 2 of Season 4)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9sAT13EcyU&featu...
#30,061  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Styx Sponsor
In reply to superwes88, #30060:

S4/E2 - Hunting Time

EDIT: Damn, beat me to it.

Post edited 5/06/12 1:08PM
#30,062  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
iWes DCI Phantom
Thanks all
#30,063  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
iWes DCI Phantom
Which episode does Tucker have Jr.
#30,064  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
yelnocp I drink milk
In reply to superwes88, #30064:

This might help you.
#30,065  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
Rempath Sponsor
Okay here is my question. Me and my friend have been having an argument about who or what the Meta is. I claim that it is another name for freelancer Maine and has been used for a long time; meanwhile he claims that the Meta is the name for the collection of AI's in agent Maine whom are trying to find the Alpha. My argument was looking strong because Maine was called the Meta before he had all the AI but then when the recent trailer for season 10 came out the man at the end claimed that he was the Meta. So now I am less sure I am right. Could someone wiser than me and my friend settle this argument. Thanks :)
#30,066  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
brrrd Coast2Coast
In reply to Rempath, #30066:

Meta is the name for the AI Collective, possibly including Maine but not necessarily. After Reconstruction, even though the AI were wiped out, he was so changed that his old name no longer fit him, as he was no longer the same person.
#30,067  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Yarev

It actually hasn't been confirmed what the title "Meta" actually stands for. Season 10 should explain the origins of the title and the exact meaning of it.

Personally, I think the title "Meta" represents a cause that Maine and Sigma decided to pursue together. Therefore, any AI that Maine obtained would become a new member of that cause and thus adopt the name "Meta" to represent their shared pursuit. However, even after Maine lost his AI at the conclusion of Reconstruction, it appears that he kept the title "Meta", possibly because he was still committed to that cause, despite the loss of his AI. That's my interpretation of the title "Meta" though. Again, no solid answer has been provided.

The person who said "We Are The Meta" in the Season 10 preview was Sigma, Maine's original AI, so it would appear that Maine and Sigma are both official members of the Meta.
#30,068  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Aster Sponsor

The whole Meta thing isn't entirely clear. But what we do know is Meta and Maine are two distinctly different titles. It may or may not refer to Maine but it's not another name for him.
#30,069  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Yarev
In reply to Aster, #30069:

Well, I don't think there is enough evidence to definitively declare that Maine and the Meta have to be two distinct and unalike entities. Maine still went by the name "Meta" even after all the AI was gone, so it's possible that the title has indeed become interchangeable with his original codename.

Post edited 5/06/12 5:12PM
#30,070  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
yelnocp I drink milk
It is also worth noting that the quote was "We are the meta"

Aster is right, it's not another name for Maine; the Meta is the entity consisting of several AIs and possibly Maine's consciousness as well.
#30,071  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
brrrd Coast2Coast
In reply to Yarev, #30070:

As I said earlier, I believe that the name stuck because he is no longer Agent Maine, nor is he the man he was before he was Agent Maine. Both men are dead. What remains, is the Meta.
#30,072  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Yarev
In reply to yelnocp, #30071:

But it is also important to note that Maine continued to go by the name "Meta" even after the AI were gone, so it seems like the presence of the AI is not an inherent trait of the Meta. The AI are "optional" members of the Meta. The only constant in the Meta is Agent Maine himself. Therefore, since all the AI is gone, it would seem that "Meta" as become interchangeable with "Maine".
#30,073  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
brrrd Coast2Coast
In reply to Yarev, #30073:

No one calls him Maine anymore. Maine is dead, but what lives on is known as the Meta.

You know what? This isn't answering the question anymore, it's just discussion. And that isn't what this thread is about. If you want to continue talking about this, let's take it to the Season 10 thread. They're a bit starved for RvB discussion over there. Otherwise, let's drop it for now.
#30,074  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Yarev
In reply to bradleykins, #30072:

Maine behaves nearly exactly the same in Season 9 as he does in the Recollection Trilogy, even after he loses his AI. Therefore, I don't think Agent Maine has undergone any significant changes. The only apparent thing that has changed for him is his alliance and goals, and Freelancers like Wash and Carolina have undergone similar transformations that are no less extreme.

I agree that Agent Maine is no longer "Agent Maine" in the sense that he no longer works for Project Freelancer, and perhaps he discarded is old codename as a symbolic act to demonstrate that Project Freelancer no longer tell him who he is or what to do.

In reply to bradleykins, #30074:

Good point. We can resume this discussion there.

Post edited 5/06/12 5:28PM
#30,075  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Aster Sponsor

In reply to Yarev, #30075:

In reply to bradleykins, #30074:

Oh this'll be fun.

#30,076  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
FIRECHAOS
ok i was just wondering whats the deal with tex is she real or was she created why does church say i forget you? can u just explain the deal please i would be so less confused THANKS!!!
#30,077  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Ditto
yelnocp I drink milk
In reply to FIRECHAOS, #30077:

Tex is the embodiment of a memory of a real person named Alison that Dr. LL Church knew in his past. That memory was a major part of Alpha's being, and when he was tortured, that's when Tex came about.
#30,078  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Aster Sponsor
In reply to FIRECHAOS, #30077:

And there are also two Tex's. There's the Blood Gulch one, but she (presumably) dies in Reconstruction along with the other AI in the Meta. The one after that is a memory of her from Epsilon. That's why Epsilon said "I forget you". So he could let the memory go and move on.
#30,079  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
FIRECHAOS
thank you soo much
#30,080  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
yelnocp I drink milk
In reply to FIRECHAOS, #30080:

I'm Here to assist!
#30,081  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Rempath Sponsor
thank you to everyone who helped with the meta question. It did not solve the argument but it made things more clear so thanks :)
#30,082  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MrTacoman117
Hey, I don't know if this has been asked or anything, but I think this is a good question and I can't think of anywhere better to get a good response. So:
Who would win in a fight? Tex, or Master Chief?
A) Master Chief
B) Tex
C) This is too hard of a decision!

#30,083  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
yelnocp I drink milk
In reply to MrTacoman117, #30083:

Current lol
#30,084  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
iWes DCI Phantom

B. Definitely B.
#30,085  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
brrrd Coast2Coast

Master Chief's defining characteristic is that he is a lucky sonofabitch. Tex's is that she ultimately fails. Without Omega, MC easily wins. With Omega, it's a more even match but MC still wins out.
#30,086  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Aster Sponsor
It'll be one heck of a fight to see, but I have to go with Master Chief
#30,087  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
leonidas1011 Shinigami
Tex, definitely Tex.
#30,088  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
K_Bryan Sponsor
Hey guys. I was just wondering something. Tex went rogue when she led the break in to try and rescue Alpha, right, so how is she still a Freelancer when she shows up in Blood Gulch?
#30,089  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
leonidas1011 Shinigami
There is the possibility that in the event that she was captured, she was reinstated into the program because she was to valuable to lose. and seeing that she is an AI she could of had a partial memory wipe. so Until church reactivates her in the Freelancer warehouse and she goes through the directors files there is the possibility that she had no knowledge of the uprising beforehand.
#30,090  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 1002 ] [ 1003 ] [ 1004 ] ... [ 1133 ] [ 1134 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.