So, with the abundance of "Things to bring to RTX" going around, I thought I'd add to it! Apologies for the wall of text post this is going to become...
This is by no means comprehensive nor all-inclusive. These posts should always get taken with a good deal of common sense as well.
Personally, I have a lot of this stuff getting sorted out slowly on my bookcase with all the paperwork I need for hotels, tickets, travel all in a plastic folder to keep it together. Handy for travelling with too.
Simple things first.
* Tickets. Printed out copies of hotel bookings, RTX tickets (including autograph bookings!), plane tickets, train tickets anything that you booked. Some of these things also let you use the appropriate companies App as well, but signal dies, phones die. It's always handy to have a backup copy printed too.
* The RTX London App. This app has lists and schedules of panels, signings etc and also a map of the convention floor. Available for Android and iOS. Also, lets you create and plan your schedules and to add and see your friends ones too!
* Oyster Card / Contactless Bank card / Mobile Contactless. For travelling on the DLR/Underground etc. More info:: https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/contactless/is-contactless-for-me?intcmp=8282
* ID. Photographic ID. You won't be able to collect your tickets without this. Nor possibly get served in the pubs/bars either!
* Swag bag. Bag for stuff in the con. best if it's not too huge as you will get bumped into with the number of people in one place.
* Your Badge. Once you get it. This is your entry to the con each day.
More useful things
* Your Cosplay! You've spent ages working on it, don't forget it!!
* Clothes. If you have parties planned, nicer clothes if needed. Enough for the weekend.
* Snacks. Keep yourself going through the day, nothing worse than getting hangry.
* Deodorant / Anti-perspirant. Noone likes being smelly, but cons are warm and people sweat. Take a spare in your con bag if you want.
* Toiletries. Again, wash! Noone likes being smelly.
* Medication. Enough for the weekend. Include painkillers/antihistamines/inhalers/birth control. Drinks & people...you get the picture...
* Vape/cigarettes. Plus batteries, fluid, lighters etc
* Power banks. Really handy especially for cons where a lot of updates are coming out through Twitter on the day, and for checking on the RTX London App.
* Cables. Power banks are useless for your phone if you don't have something to connect the two!!
* Twitter. Sadly I've included this. Some useful accounts to follow @RTXqueues @RTXEvent and of course @RTscotland too cause why not plug our social media here :D
* Pens. For signings. Metallic Sharpies are great for this. Don't just have one as well. Stuff gets borrowed, dropped etc.
* Water/Juice. Stay hydrated!
* Headphones. As we all need a bit of alone time now and then. Plus handy for waiting around and travel.
* Handheld gaming system. Some people like these for in queues. But it's always good to get to know those around you as well! Multiplayer gaming fun in queues!
* Things to get Signed. You've made it there, made it inside in your cosplay. Time to meet someone! Oh no, what do they sign! Damn its back in Inverness...shitebag. As an aside, your badge is always good to get signed too, it's with you, always. Like the Force.
* Cash. Always good for buying stuff, as card systems can fail with signal issues. Plus a little extra as emergency cash for a taxi if you need it too.
* Camera/space on your phone for photos! Meeting people and taking photos is great, don't get caught short by no space on your phone.
As I said, this is by no means comprehensive, but just something handy for getting you thinking about stuff to bring with you.
Also, have a look at https://www.facebook.com/groups/RTXLondon/events/ for pop up events through the weekend too including photo shoots and cosplay meetups!
Hope this at least gets you thinking about useful stuff to take.
Cheers, and sorry again about the wall of text...