Group Forum
Advanced Search
Filter     |   View Watchlist   |   Mark Forum as Read
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]
When you're not gaming .... [ 1 ] [ 2 ]
tsunopikash
#1   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Made in the spirit of getting some more interaction happening, and on the suggestion of Coffeh (sorry, luv, I'd misunderstood your post. *is shot*). I thought I'd start the chatting with a fairly inoffensive topic. Hobbies.

We all like to game; it is, after all, why we're here. But no one can game ALL the time (and if you can, dude, tell me how! XD). So what is it you like to do when you're not playing video games? Do you draw? Read? Chase pigeons? Perhaps you spend your time breaking in to The Gap to try on belts. Whatever it is you find entertaining, tell us about it.

(feel free to delete if this is too far off topic. *is shot again*)
tsunopikash
#2   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
I'll start, because one of my hobbies is, ironically, slacking off and posting to group forums while at work. Also, I love to over-use commas and, of course, dashes when I type. Take that, Grammar-Police!

Oh yes, I draw sometimes, too. Mostly sketchy portraits and the like. Nothing terribly interesting. XD
AgentPryce
ai chihuahua
#3   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
When I'm not gaming...I'm usually here, on this site. Haha. And when I'm not doing that, I like to swim, and watch TV with my puppies, and listen to music (and sing along very horribly to it). I would be horseback riding but the lady who owns the horse I rode moved, and I don't have horse insurance to ride anyone else's horse right now. So, yeah.

I used to really like to draw and read, and I still do, but I haven't actually drawn or read anything lately. So sad.
tsunopikash
#4   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to AgentPryce, #3:

Lol! Me too! I think I've spent more hours on this site than I have actually working! ah ha ha! I like horses when they're behind a fence where they can't step on my feets. XD Seriously, you need special insurance to ride someone else's horse? o.O

I haven't drawn much in recent years either. I try to claim that it's because I'm busy, but the truth of the matter is I'm just terribly lazy. lol
AgentPryce
ai chihuahua
#5   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Seriously, you need special insurance to ride someone else's horse? o.O

Haha, yeah...Well, I guess it isn't necessary, but most people prefer you have it (if you aren't just taking lessons) because it covers injuries you may get, or the horse may get, and other stuff. That way, everyone is sure everything can be paid for, 'cause horses are so expensive.
I try to claim that it's because I'm busy, but the truth of the matter is I'm just terribly lazy. lol

Hear, hear, sister.
Coffeeh
#6   Posted 4 years ago
+ 1 Funny     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to tsunopikash, #2:

I got kicked out of the grammar police for my comma and dash over use o.O
XD (read as: I used to be kinda anal about it but i stopped caring at one point or another >.> )
Oh and, topics like this are perfectly fine, actually I encourage them (it's just, you were kind of posting in the rules thread, and dats no good ;> )
((Actually I was a bit afraid I'd scared you away with thatt, so I'm glad to see you around ^^;;; ))

Aaanywaaays. Jeez. Hobbies? I have like no life.
I live on the internet, and all my hobbies pertain to it, it seems. I like making websites just to see if I can, then abandoning them. xP I also love making graphics for like, forums and stuff. I use photoshop religiously :>
I do like reading, drawing, and playing vi--wait, I can't say that, this is what thread is about XD ...
I'm also fucking crazy about music. I swear, half my time on here it trying to find new music to listen to, and all of it is spent listening to something or another. (so if you guys have any music you'd like to share, i will take a listen fer SHUR.)
And I'm sure there's more random things I like doing (like doing character impressions xD; ) but really, you'd just have to ask. Chances might be that I like doing it xD;
tsunopikash
#7   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]

Haha, yeah...Well, I guess it isn't necessary, but most people prefer you have it (if you aren't just taking lessons) because it covers injuries you may get, or the horse may get, and other stuff. That way, everyone is sure everything can be paid for, 'cause horses are so expensive.

I guess that makes sense. I have some friends who raise and breed horses and they've spent a TON on them. They're always telling me "you should come and ride" and I'm like "Um, no thanks. I'll just watch" lol! I'm such a wimp! XD I'm always so scared of getting kicked, or falling off!

Can horses sense fear like dogs can? o.O
tsunopikash
#8   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]

I got kicked out of the grammar police for my comma and dash over use o.O
Lol! I think the Grammar Police are having a hard time getting new recruits, what with the invasion of L33t and txt speak these day. XD
Oh and, topics like this are perfectly fine, actually I encourage them (it's just, you were kind of posting in the rules thread, and dats no good ;> )
((Actually I was a bit afraid I'd scared you away with thatt, so I'm glad to see you around ^^;;; ))
Aw, S'okay. It'll take more than that to scare me off. I just couldn't believe I'd made such a noob mistake! Rofl! That's what I get for speed reading, eh? *slaps wrist* XD

We have a lot of the same interests! *cheers for also having no life* Even the making - then abandoning - websites thing! I'm so lazy tho, that usually I only get about halfway through the design process before losing interest, heh. Same thing happens with all the graphic novels and webcomics I've started. *shuffles through boxes of half-baked ideas and character sheets*

Dude, music! What's your favorite kind? Personally, I don't really have a specific favorite. I tend to like songs from all types of genres, but the majority of my music lands in the rock/pop/classics sections. I don't think I could survive this desk job if i couldn't listen to some form of music!

Holy crap, I rambled on forever. o.O Sorry!
AgentPryce
ai chihuahua
#9   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Coffeeh, #6:
I also love making graphics for like, forums and stuff. I use photoshop religiously :>

Photoshop used to be my LIFE (second only to "The Sims" and "Age of Empires"). But this computer doesn't run it very well, and I couldn't install it on my laptop because I couldn't find the disk. In the end, we had to go our separate ways.

In reply to tsunopikash, #7:
I guess that makes sense. I have some friends who raise and breed horses and they've spent a TON on them. They're always telling me "you should come and ride" and I'm like "Um, no thanks. I'll just watch" lol! I'm such a wimp! XD I'm always so scared of getting kicked, or falling off!

Can horses sense fear like dogs can? o.O

Haha, you're not a wimp. They can be really scary animals...and dangerous. If you ever do want to go riding, start small. That's how everyone I know started -- on a four-foot tall pony.

But falling does suck. Like, a lot. But I think the thought of falling is a lot worse than actually falling. Kicking isn't such a big deal. I've only been kicked at once and that was by the she-demon that was my first horse (literally insane, that one).

I would say yes, horses can sense fear, as well as a number of other emotions. I rode this one horse, and he knew when I was uncomfortable or not ready to jump the jump, so he would either go over it with a really exaggerated bunny hop, or stop right before it. I would say that goes for every horse I've ridden, too. But some horses are nicer about it.
AussieTex
#10   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
I shop, watch a lot of anime and write fan fictions. I love putting characters I like from shows and games in different situations and imagining what they would do to get out of it or cope with it.
tsunopikash
#11   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to AgentPryce, #9:

Eeee! Ponies! So cute! XD

HOMG, dude, my friend got kicked once and she had this HUGE disgusting bruise on her thigh! And she's all: "Meh. No biggie"! o.O People who own horses must be, like, part super hero or something! lol

You know what's totally weird? I have this vague fear of horses 'cause they're so big, but my favorite kind of horses? Clydesdales. XD I think they're so cute with their furry feet and shaggy manes! Aw! <3 Doesn't make much sense, does it? XD

Maybe if I were around them more often I wouldn't be so wary, but every inch of me is city girl!
tsunopikash
#12   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to AussieTex, #10:

Eeee! And I love to READ fanfiction! *is a huge geek and loves it* I've never had the stick-to-it-ivness to actually sit down and finish a story, tho I've started plenty! What fandoms do you like to write in, if you don't mind my asking?

Shopping! Eeee! Shopping is so much fun! Even if you don't buy anything, it's so much fun just to window gaze. <3
Coffeeh
#13   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
I was going to own a horse 8D
Does that make me like 1/6th superhero? XD

But uh, as far as music goes, I have no idea. I'll listen to ANYTHING. I mean, I have a pandora.com account and it's filled with the most random stuff. (R.Carlos Nakai? Reel Big Fish? Nerf Herder? Daft Punk? Massive Attack? wat.)
I usually get stuck on a band/genre for a while, then move on to something else.
I think, if I had to say, I like ska, classic rock, and techno the best, but that's kind of lying because I like a lot of different things. Like nerd core, or classical...or like, heavy metal XD I can't just choose one thing. I like IT ALLLL. >:D
tsunopikash
#14   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Coffeeh, #13:

Dude, it so totally does! XD

Oh man, I know what you mean. My ipod and mixed cds are such a random assortment of songs and genres my friends are always like "wha~at?" lol.

Recently, tho, I've not been able to get any new songs! *weepy* The only net connection i have right now is at work! I've been listening to the same cd for, like, 2 months now and it's driving me crazy! I swear my brain is gonna explode at some point if I don't get my internet connection soon! *is sooooo broke*

And, OMG RANDOM SUBJECT CHANGE! Love the new userpic, Coffeh! kekekeke!
Coffeeh
#15   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Yes, also when I'm not gaming I pursue random photography inspirations. XD
Thanks xD
tsunopikash
#16   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Coffeeh, #15:

I can totally see that. XD I have a photo collage covering an entire wall full of sweet, sweet photo inspirations. Mostly of my friends being goofs. Lol

Yanno what I wish I could make a hobby? Roller Coaster riding! dude, that would be so awesome! *glee*
tsunopikash
#17   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
*pokes thread* Where did everyone go? There's over 200 members in this group, but only, like, 4 people posting. Aw, that's lonely. *has no room to talk*

Does anyone here scrapbook? That's also an awesome hobby that combines creativity with shopping. Some of the things people can come up with are so creative and amazing! I personally love to do it, but being painfully broke I have to make my own decorations so it takes me forever, lol!

Maybe if I worked harder, I could earn more money and thus buy better things? *thinks about it* Nah. Being lazy is way easier. XD

Edit: Holy crap, I've just gotta squee about this somewhere. Staff awards! Eeee! I dunno why I'm excited, but I totally am, lol! *geeks it up* I never expected in a million years to get anything like that. XD

Post edited 6/19/09 10:07AM
AgentPryce
ai chihuahua
#18   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Scrapbooking's cool. I've only done, like, one page and that was forever ago, but it was fun and I'd like to get into it. My mum scrapbooks, thought. It's her hobby (outside of gardening). She made a book for my nana before she died, my older brother and sister when they graduated, and now she's working on one for me. :)
tsunopikash
#19   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to AgentPryce, #18:

That is so cool! When some of my friends were moving away to the Dominion, the rest of us got together and each of us made 1 double sided scrapbook page of their friends and family. There was enough to fill a book, and it looked so neat with so many different scrapbooking styles! It was a really sweet gift idea!

Have you ever checked out any scrapbooking sties online, fo in magazines? Some of those pages will blow your mind!
AgentPryce
ai chihuahua
#20   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
That is a great gift idea. My roommates and I were going to make one documenting our first year at university, but we haven't actually done it yet. Heh.

No, I haven't looked up any sites or magazines scrapbooking related. I never even thought of it, but now maybe I'll have to if my friends and I are going to make a book!

Haha, yeah, I'd expect they'd be pretty mind-blowing.
tsunopikash
#21   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to AgentPryce, #20:

Every time I go into the scrapbooking section of Micheals I take hours to look at everything, lol! If I were a more ambitious person I suppose I could be considered obsessed! XD

.... But I'm lazy, so it's more like wannabe obsessed. heh
MoonChaser
#22   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to tsunopikash, #21:

I'm right there with you. I'd love to do it if I'd actually do it. My stepmom is totally into scrapbooking, so I went and got a bunch of stuff to make a scrapbook of my dog (I'm a dork XD) but I never touched it.

Let's see, when I'm not gaming...I think I mentioned I like to read and study theology in my intro post...I also love to write. I have like 2 novels on hiatus and I'm considering writing children's books about my dog. lol I also write fanfiction cuz I'm a total anime addict, and I mean the old school anime that people make fun of now. Sailor Moon, Yu Gi Oh, Pokemon.

College is gonna start in about a month so I'm gonna have so much less time for all this. T.T
raevynskyye
Sponsor
#23   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
i spend all of my free time gaming! (kidding)

ok...when i'm not working or playing video games i do read (though i have started investing in audiobooks. multitasking ftw!), playing with my two cats, or watching my latest obsession: british scifi (they nailed it on that genre)
Coffeeh
#24   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
British scifi, huh?
Can you name any shows? I'd love to check that out, haha.

I can't stand audio books--usually I imagine characters in voices that are sadly not matched by the narrator. I find that really ruins things for me. :C
raevynskyye
Sponsor
#25   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Coffeeh, #24:

well, since i don't get bbc america, i have to watch on sci fi channel. we're waiting on the latest dr who miniseries, and just finished season 1 of primeval. i rent torchwood and robin hood (yes, i know. not sci fi. but it's good) on dvd when they're available in region 1.

as for the audiobooks, the service i use allows free downloads of the first one or two chapters so you can hear the narrator, and decide if you like them before buying the book.
midnyte30
#26   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
I love to read, I'll go ahead and call my self a book nerd. Im working on building my own mini library. I like to random dance and make up new dances, ( the sumo wrestler anyone?). Mostly just hang out and relax when not working or doing school work.
Armaina
#27   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
When not gaming, I'm drawing a lot, lately it's been a lot of pixel art I have to say. As well as random chatting. I need to catch up on my reading too. And lots of cartoon watching :D
RVBclan
#28   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
When I don't game, I am journalling, writing, or drawing. I also do 3D modeling, and manage my Development Team. I guess I do a lot, OH, and listen to music, and also chat with friends ^_^.

Check my journal and Pure Neko Group for my comics =D
I am planning them daily, making another one tonight =D
honeyvixen
#29   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
When I'm not gaming... it's usually because I've gone to help my husband with our bees. (We're beekeepers) or I'm crafting (scrapbooking/cards) and I also sew and cook and stuff, and sing. I have a full on career as an administrator for a manufacturing facility, and have been married 5 years, and am hoping to be a mommy soon. I do like to draw & paint, but I'm no where near as good as my brother (Luke McKay) is.

Post edited 9/11/09 4:41PM
RVBclan
#30   Posted 4 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to honeyvixen, #29:

Congratulations on the mommy thing, hope the best for you ^_^
And for drawing, cooking and crafts *thumbs pop up*

OH, and my neighbor does beekeeping, and it just looks dangerous, but interesting, I do LOVE honey. (on toast XD)
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ Next ]
You must be a member of the group to post in this thread.