Advanced Search
Filter     |   View Watchlist   |   Mark Forum as Read
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]
Super Secret Birthday Stuff [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 10 ] [ 11 ]
magickfox
Sponsor
#1   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
So I just noticed on my Facebook notifications that Joel's birthday is this Wednesday, I remember people doing the mask thing for Geoff's birthday and I'm thinking Joel needs something just as awesome ( ) Any ideas?

I'm currently trying to work something out, but it might not get done until later because I have class soon :(
geargie1187
Sponsor
#2   Posted 5 years ago
+ 2 Funny     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
I'm not very creative, but whatever you all wanna do is fine with me. :) I'm up for pretty much anything.
Bow Chicka Bow Wow?

Post edited 9/14/09 11:43AM
magickfox
Sponsor
#3   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to geargie1187, #2:

Haha, well I've decided not to go to class because I have other homework to do for a more important class later and I'm having too much fun with this project now so it might get done soon if I can figure out what I'm doing :P
jestsndreams
#4   Posted 5 years ago
+ 1 Funny     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
hmmm birthday huh? I don't know. I have a lot of... ideas, must I need to be in Austin for... Okay ALL of them I'd need to be in Austin for but still.
magickfox
Sponsor
#5   Posted 5 years ago
+ 2 Cool     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to jestsndreams, #4:

XD Well how about something just on the site then, maybe a profile picture thing or something?

Here's something I came up with really quickly instead of going to history today:

I'm positive I could do something better, but all of this was thought of and created within about 20 minutes lol and I think this amuses me way more than it should
magickfox
Sponsor
#6   Posted 5 years ago
+ 3 Funny     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Or how about this horribly done one:

(personally I like the first one better :P)
geargie1187
Sponsor
#7   Posted 5 years ago
In reply to magickfox, #5:

I LOVE IT! Oh gosh. That is so perfect! We could put text on it too if we wanted. Liiiiike...

"Put on your Party Hats! Its Joel's Birthday!"

Or something less gay perhaps.
Vadadaca
Sponsor
#8   Posted 5 years ago
+ 4 Funny     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
I like the idea of either pictures of all of us in Joel masks (which I suppose we'd have to make so that we could print them out) or a collection of pictures of him in that hat. Or maybe just otherwise pics of us w/ "happy birthday Joel" signs? I dunno, I'm drawing blanks for anything more creative.

I guess we could always get a few bottles of baby oil and try to squeeze us all inside of a cake, but then how would we get it to Austin...?
magickfox
Sponsor
#9   Posted 5 years ago
+ 1 Cool     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to geargie1187, #7:

Haha, I like it! I put some text on it earlier, but it only said "Happy Birthday Joel!" because I'm lame like that and I don't think I saved it anyways :P

In reply to Vadadaca, #8:

I really like your second idea, but there is that problem of us all not being in the same place and then needing to get to Austin, so I figured something like this would be a good alternative ;)

I was figuring a static picture maybe so it's the same all around the site, unless you guys all want different pictures, which is cool too (same hat maybe for some consistency?) And I remember talk about a Joel mask, but we haven't had one yet :(

Post edited 9/14/09 1:37PM
geargie1187
Sponsor
#10   Posted 5 years ago
In reply to magickfox, #9:

Hmmm...I wouldn't mind having either. A sweet mask or a sweet picture of me with a sweet hat. lol. Basically its just all sweet.

In reply to Vadadaca, #8:

We need Donut to help us solve this problem. He's a pro.

OOH! Maybe a picture of a cake with pictures of us popping out! ...that sounded cooler in my head.
magickfox
Sponsor
#11   Posted 5 years ago
+ 2 Cool     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to geargie1187, #10:

Lol, well I had to download a fake photoshop thing earlier to alter that damned hat, so I might be able to make a mask, although I'm not promising it'll be any good :P And I've been working on coloring over the background on that first picture so there isn't just blank space around the hat and it's been more of a pain than one would think. However, I do think that I am now more familiar with Joel's face shape than I really should be lol
geargie1187
Sponsor
#12   Posted 5 years ago
In reply to magickfox, #11:

NONSENSE! There is no such thing as 'too familiar' when it comes to Joel.

And I'm not just talking about his face...

I think I need to be committed.
Kyrianne
#13   Posted 5 years ago
WE SHOULD PUT ON JOEL MASKS, BUT THEN TAKE PICTURES OF OURSELVES IN OUR UNDERWEAR.

Or something.
magickfox
Sponsor
#14   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Kyrianne, #13:

We need masks first though! And I'm having issues currently with that and I'm leaving soon for class D:
Vadadaca
Sponsor
#15   Posted 5 years ago
Working on a mask, but have to break now to gonto a class-required movie, so I'll have to post it later, if it doesn't turn out to be a trainwreck. ^>^;
magickfox
Sponsor
#16   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
So I'm pretty sure something could be made of this picture, but I have to run to class so I don't have time to finish messing with it right now, so if anyone wants to try feel free :D

magickfox
Sponsor
#17   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to magickfox, #16:

So I just got back from class and realized that that picture I posted turned out tiny for some weird reason :(

Anyways, I'm working on my version of a Joel mask and I'm not sure if I should be terrified of this thing or proud lol, I'll share it later this evening once I work on it a bit more, but for now I have to get ready for class again. Can't wait to see what other people are coming up with for this :D
Vadadaca
Sponsor
#18   Posted 5 years ago
+ 3 Cool     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Ugh! There!

The hair's a bit shit, but otherwise I'm fairly proud of that. I'm no wizard with Photoshop, so it took a bit of time.

Also, and I've been wanting to bring this up for a while, why does Luke McKay make Joel's eyes blue? He gets everyone else's right, unless I just fail at recognizing eye colors...
geargie1187
Sponsor
#19   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to magickfox, #17:

I'm not even going to attempt a mask. I know for a fact all of you are waaay more artistic/creative/talented. I'm only good at stealing taking credit for helping people with ideas and being awesome.

Buut, I will also try to work on something. Hopefully it won't be a disaster.

[EDIT] Vadadaca, You just rocked my life. I went to post and all of a sudden, Joel's adorable cartoon face was staring at me.

Post edited 9/14/09 6:03PM
Vadadaca
Sponsor
#20   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to geargie1187, #19:

Thanks, but I think that you fail to realize that we're all just stealing Luke McKay's work anyway. Like, two percent of that up there is actually mine.
jestsndreams
#21   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Vadadaca, #18:

you rock Vee. you rock my happy bunny socks.
jestsndreams
#22   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Vadadaca, #20:

Luke should have done it sooner. and you did technically just give him credit so...
geargie1187
Sponsor
#23   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Vadadaca, #20:

It was more of the shock, than anything. Like I didn't see your post until right after I posted mine. It scared/excited me. lol
Vadadaca
Sponsor
#24   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to jestsndreams, #21:

Thanks. I try. (^>^)
MoonKnight44
#25   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
I stand by my earlier suggestion to all send our hand-made birthday cards to him at the office.

He might get some a bit late, but regardless... there should be an address for their office somewhere on the site, right?

And if nothing else, I'll take a picture of me in the Joel mask. ^-^
magickfox
Sponsor
#26   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Vadadaca, #18:

That is freaking amazing You rock!

You're right the hair is a bit odd, but that's looking at yours and the images I was using for mine (his hair is fluffier in mine for some reason lol :P) I do love it though

So it is basically a consensus that we all take pictures wearing the Joel mask to post on Wednesday? (personally I'm caught between how awesome the mask is and still being overly amused at the birthday hat pictures, that might be because I'm getting sick and am a little out of it though :P)
Vadadaca
Sponsor
#27   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to MoonKnight44, #25:

I'd like to do that, but I probably wouldn't even be able to mail one until Wednesday, so it'd definitely get there late... Go for it, though, if you want. And I totally want to see the pic of you in the mask. :D

In reply to magickfox, #26:

I think there's no reason we can't do both, right? We can make a collage of the birthday hat pics and/or us in the Joel masks.
jestsndreams
#28   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Vadadaca, #27:

You are an evil (and by evil I mean awesome) mastermind.
magickfox
Sponsor
#29   Posted 5 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]

Well if we're posting them as our profile pictures on Wednesday then it'd be sort of hard to do both lol. By the way do you mind if I play around with the hair on your Joel mask, I'd like to see if I can get the fluffy looking hair that I have on there :)
geargie1187
Sponsor
#30   Posted 5 years ago

OR!

We can put the birthday hat ON the Joel Mask. :) And then take pictures wearing them.
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 10 ] [ 11 ] [ Next ]
You must be a member of the group to post in this thread.