Advanced Search
Filter     |   View Watchlist   |   Mark Forum as Read
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]
RP - The End Justifies the Means [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 22 ] [ 23 ]
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#1   Posted 3 years ago
+ 1 Zing!     [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Onyx, grey and barren with scattered patches of ancient machinery at work repairing the planet, was covered in a grey cloud. The Longsword carrying the Freelancers had attracted the Onyx Sentinels, which had opened fire. Illinois' surprisingly evasive flying was the only thing keeping them from being shot down by the flying Sentinels. Inside, the Freelancers waited until they were over the drop zone before they could jump in their ZONE Suits. The craft shuddered as a shot from the Sentinels made contact with the wing.
LinkGandalf
#2   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Illinois struggled to maintain control of the longsword.

Illinois shouted into his comm

"We're hit! I can't keep control of her much longer! get ready to jump on my count!"
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#3   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to LinkGandalf, #2:

Mex barked back into the comm.

//What about you?!//
LinkGandalf
#4   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #3:

//Ha, I always wanted to go out in a firey ball, least I can try and take some of this bastards with me//
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#5   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to LinkGandalf, #4:

//What?!//

Mex moves to go to the cockpit, but another explosion shakes the craft and he grabs onto a rail.

//You'll kill yourself!//
LinkGandalf
#6   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #5:

//Look, it's either I go, or we all go. Which is the better damn choice?!//
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#7   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to LinkGandalf, #6:

Mex is silent for a moment.

//You're making the most noble sacrifice any of us could make.//
LinkGandalf
#8   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #7:

//My only regret is never permanently maiming one of you//
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#9   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to LinkGandalf, #8:

Mex smiled quickly, before turning to the other Freelancers and motioning to the door.
xXSWATXx
#10   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #9:

Geo moved quickly to detatch the underslung cargo carrier under the plane. He pulled the safety lock off and released the latch. The container fell away toward the ground. He stood and fell in line behind the others.
SuperPriv4te
StillOffline
#11   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Meanwhile, over in the Recon-ship: Utah cursed as he saw the sentinels intercept Bird One onscreen. With a sigh buckled himself in as the ship brought itself into an orbiting position for now. He adjusted the additional communications equipment about him as he waited for the Freelancers to hit surface and establish contact.
Biolith
#12   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Tally continued lurking in the craft she had been assigned, waiting for the order to jump...
LinkGandalf
#13   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
//Alright you lot. On my count Jump.//

//1//
//2//
//3!//

Illinois slammed the door release and watched the freelancer disappeared one by one.

//Give 'em hell for me//

Illinois aimed the longsword at a large group of Sentinels and opened what remaining boosters he had.

//GERONIMOOOO!//

There was multiple small blue explosions before the group was promptly engulfed in a larger orange explosion.

Post edited 7/27/11 1:22PM
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#14   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to LinkGandalf, #13:

Mex was in freefall as the explosion lit up the grey fog, and promptly dissipated. Shrapnel and metal fell, as he approached the ground.
Biolith
#15   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #14:

Tally remained silent, for the moment, seemingly like she was just 'going through the motions'. She drifted past Mex noiselessly, raising her rifle and beginning to sight targets in a projected landing zone.
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#16   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Biolith, #15:

The suits slammed into the ground. Mex's vision went dark for a moment, before his hearing and sight slowly returned.

//Sound off.//
SuperPriv4te
StillOffline
#17   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to LinkGandalf, #13:

Utah sighed as he observed the explosion on his screen. He checks the registration for unit signals of any of the Agents.
Biolith
#18   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #16:

Tally hit the ground a little more gracefully, rolling with the impact to bleed off the force that shut down Mex' suit.

'I'm doing alright, but I think we're going to be finding bits of Illinois for a while.'
Wikia
#19   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #16:

Germany landed hard, but thanks to the suit, that was the normal thing to do. He slowly stood up completely, looking around before looking back at the explosion.

"Germany's all good..."
LinkGandalf
#20   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Nebraska landed nearby falling before standing up and looked at the still falling debris of the longsword.

"Rest well buddy"

//Nebraska's good//
SuperPriv4te
StillOffline
#21   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
Utah sighed as he observed the explosion on his screen. He checks the registration for unit signals of any of the Agents.

//Command this is Bird Two. The eggs have left the nest, Bird One is down. I repeat - The eggs have left the nest, Bird One is down. Over.//

Utah looks at the mission scripting

//What a load of BS...//
xXSWATXx
#22   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Biolith, #18:

In reply to Wikia, #19:

Geo was last out and fell without a suit so his terminal velocity was slower. He overcharged his shields and the gel layer of his armor to cushion the impact. He still hit hard and cratered himself slightly.
He called sorely over the comms, "Georgia has splashed down." He waited a few moments before trying to move. Everything hurt, and it took a few moments for the medical injectors to cycle.
Timor_Kri
#23   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
"Arkansas is still kicking"

He took his hands off the controls and flexed his shoulders. He turned around and looked back at the wreckage of the Longsword, and then turned away.
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#24   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Timor_Kri, #23:

In reply to xXSWATXx, #22:

In reply to LinkGandalf, #20:

In reply to Wikia, #19:

In reply to Biolith, #18:

//Alright. We need to move before patrols show up.//
Biolith
#25   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #24:

'Patrols? You mean the things I shot on the way down?' Tally said, looking over her shoulder, her mask concealing a mischievous grin. 'Which way should we go?'
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#26   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Biolith, #25:

//No, Patrols as in the things coming to check on the things you killed.//

Mex motioned towards the horizon, where a faint blue light was penetrating the fog.
Biolith
#27   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #26:

'That's not a patrol, that's a search party,' she said, grinning again. 'Now pick a direction, or I'm heading... THAT way,' she said, after closing her eyes and pointing the barrel of her rifle somewhere. As it happened, that rifle was pointing just to the southeast of that blue light.
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#28   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Biolith, #27:

//We're going to the light. That is the Apex, where Dr. Halsey should be inside of the Sphere.//
Biolith
#29   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to DaCuban, #28:

'... Right, then,' Tally said, hoisting herself off of the ground, beginning to move towards the direction she had previously indicated.

'You lot head on, I'll see if I can provide cover from a suitable distance.'
DaCuban
Nicolas Cage
#30   Posted 3 years ago
    [ Reply ]   [ Quote ]
In reply to Biolith, #29:

//No. You follow us. You're on a team. Splitting up gets us killed.//
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 22 ] [ 23 ] [ Next ]
You must be a member of the group to post in this thread.