So here is the story of how, an hour ago I nearly set everything on fire...
I have tea-light candles that I use from time to time, I have a little tray for them at the back of my bedroom. Problem being was today I lit four of them as I have done hundreds of times in the past and sat down to watch some YouTube and work on some stuff. About ten minutes in I hear a popping sounds, that at first I thought was onside. It kind of sounded like and engine trying to start. Thus I ignored it when it carried on for a while. Next I smelled smoke and turned around to see the four tea-lights burning like road flares... I got up and went to try to put them out but the flames were really blasting out of the tins. So I decide (stupidly) to flick some of my drinking water on them to put out the wick. BAD BAD move. In a cooking fire-esk moment, they then exploded upward into flames that lapped up the wall. Had to cover them in a wet towel and carry them outside, STILL BURNING, and throw them on the ground until they went out.
So anyone that uses these tea-lights beware. The paraffin wax they use is very hard to put out when it fully ignites.
After coughing up the fumes and airing out my house from the smoke that filled the whole place. I just threw every single tea-light out into the bin. I never knew how dangerous those little things could be.