The "Memorial" in Memorial Day has been ignored by too many of us who are beneficiaries of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. Often we do not observe the day as it should be, a day where we actively remember our ancestors, our family members, our loved ones, our neighbors, and our friends who have given the ultimate sacrifice:
*by visiting cemeteries and placing flags or flowers on the graves of our fallen heroes.
*by visiting memorials.
*by flying the U.S. Flag at half-staff until noon.
*by flying the 'POW/MIA Flag' as well (Section 1082 of the 1998 Defense Authorization Act).
*by participating in a "National Moment of Remembrance": at 3 p.m. (Washington DC time) to pause and think upon the true meaning of the day, and for Taps to be played.
*by renewing a pledge to aid the widows, widowers, and orphans of our falled dead, and to aid the disabled veterans.
Memorial Day shouldn't all be about morning. Forgetting about life and living, would defeat the purpose of honoring the sacrifice they made for your freedom. I know not everyone in this day and age can't always visit a memorial or a soldiers cemetery site. If you can, Write a Soldier!
I know that there are some who would like to use Memorial Day as a means to "give-up" in Iraq, but those who do disgrace the fallen heroes in Iraq by trying to make their sacrifice meaningless. Even if you didn't support going into Iraq to begin with, support the troops and support their mission, so that we don't ever have to go back again. I think we can all agree that we don't want to go back to Iraq when we finally leave.
Why hasn't anyone told me about the sequel to The Dark Crystal? This is fucking big news people!! This is too cool!! It's also being directed by Genndy Tartakovsky!! I loved the first movie (have the DVD) and never in a million years thought they would do a sequel.
I just think this is too cool. If this is successful, I wonder if they would do a sequel to Labyrinth?
46 things to do durring an exam...I know I said I post this tomorrow, but after my last entry I think we all need a good laugh. This is 24 through 46, while the other post was 1 through 23. Again, from 0000000x7...
24. Get the exam. Twenty minutes into it, throw your papers down violently, scream out "Forget this!" and walk out triumphantly.
25. Arrange a protest before the exam starts (i. e. Threaten the instructor that whether or not everyone's done, they are all leaving after one hour to go drink)
26. Show up completely drunk. (Completely drunk means at some point during the exam, you should start crying for mommy).
27. Every now and then, clap twice rapidly. If the instructor asks why, tell him/her in a very derogatory tone, "the light bulb that goes on above my head when I get an idea is hooked up to a clapper. DUH!"
28. Comment on how sexy the instructor is looking that day.
29. Come to the exam wearing a black cloak. After about 30 minutes, put on a white mask and start yelling "I'm here, the phantom of the opera" until they drag you away.
30. Go to an exam for a class you have no clue about, where you know the class is very small, and the instructor would recognize you if you belonged. Claim that you have been to every lecture. Fight for your right to take the exam.
31. Upon receiving the exam, look it over, while laughing loudly, say "you don't really expect me to waste my time on this drivel? Days of our Lives is on!!"
32. Bring a water pistol with you.
33. From the moment the exam begins, hum the theme to Jeopardy. Ignore the instructor's requests for you to stop. When they finally get you to leave one way or another, begin whistling the theme to the Bridge on the River Kwai.
34. Start a brawl in the middle of the exam.
35. If the exam is math/science related, make up the longest proofs you could possibly think of. Get PI and imaginary numbers into most equations. If it is a written exam, relate everything to your own life story.
36. Come in wearing a full knight's outfit, complete with sword and shield.
37. Bring a friend to give you a back massage the entire way through the exam. Insist this person is needed, because you have bad circulation.
38. Bring cheat sheets for another class (make sure this is obvious.. like history notes for a calculus exam.. otherwise you're not just failing, you're getting kicked out too) and staple them to the exam, with the comment "Please use the attached notes for references as you see fit."
39. When you walk in, complain about the heat.
40. After you get the exam, call the instructor over, point to any question, ask for the answer. Try to work it out of him/her.
41. One word: Wrestlemania.
42. Bring balloons, blow them up, start throwing them around like they do before concerts start.
43. Try to get people in the room to do the wave.
44. Play frisbee with a friend at the other side of the room.
45. Bring one pencil with a very sharp point. Break the point off your paper. Sharpen the pencil. Repeat this process for one hour.
46. Get deliveries of candy, flowers, balloons, telegrams, etc.. sent to you every few minutes throughout the exam.
DiMono more or less warn me about this site rule some time back when I posted a single journal entry criticizing kahnefan001:
THINGS WE MAY BAN YOU FOR WITHOUT WARNING:
2. Being openly and obsessively abusive toward anther member. This is stuff like dedicating entire journal entries to defaming and threatening another member, continually posting hateful and abusive comments in profiles, etc.
Fair enough, I thought and drop my issue with kahnefan001.
Now uclari has posted four journal entries about me and the moderators, mojomasta and hobbie are refusing to take any action against uclari under the TOU part seven:
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other RoosterTeeth.com Members.
I thought that meant I'm responsible for my interactions with other RoosterTeeth.com Members and I couldn't blame anyone else if I (this account) break the rules. Apparently, the moderators (or someone else who effectively argue this point) think that this means disputes between members are not their problem.
I ask you, why do we even need rules then?? Why do we have moderators?? What's the point??
Pixie once said: "I do not see hypocrisy in enforcing a rule for you and others, without distinction between users."
You would be correct, but there is a distinction in rule enforcement between users. The rules do matter, of course, only to us lower on the social ladder. If I post another journal entry focusing on kahnefan001, I surely would be banned by DiMono. As long as you're good buddies with the moderators, you are only having a dispute with users and will be excused. uclari is getting a pass on not just one journal entry, but four journal entries in a row defaming me.
My issue with the P&CE Forum is with the "rules" over there. They contradict the site rules, completely. They even contradict their boost that the forum is the most intelligent forum around. If someone goes in and makes a mistake in their spelling/grammar, forum regulars are allowed and encouraged to flame them. I would think there better ways to encourage better spelling/grammar without resorting to flaming. How is flaming, intelligent?
1. Bring a pillow. Fall asleep (or pretend to) until the last 15 minutes. Wake up, say "oh geez, better get cracking" and do some gibberish work. Turn it in a few minutes early.
2. Get a copy of the exam, run out screaming "Andre, Andre, I've got the secret documents!!"
3. If it is a math/science exam, answer in essay form. If it is long answer/essay form, answer with numbers and symbols. Be creative. Use the integral symbol.
4. Make paper airplanes out of the exam. Aim them at the instructor's left nostril.
5. Talk the entire way through the exam. Read questions aloud, debate your answers with yourself out loud. If asked to stop, yell out, "I'm so sure you can hear me thinking." Then start talking about what a jerk the instructor is.
6. Bring cheerleaders.
7. Walk in, get the exam, sit down. About five minutes into it, loudly say to the instructor, "I don't understand any of this. I've been to every lecture all semester long! What's the deal? And who are you? Where's the regular guy?"
8. Bring a Game Boy. Play with the volume at max level.
9. On the answer sheet (book, whatever) find a new, interesting way to refuse to answer every question. For example: I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that it conflicts with my religious beliefs. Be creative.
10. Bring pets.
11. Run into the exam room looking about frantically. Breathe a sigh of relief. Go to the instructor, say "They've found me, I have to leave the country" and run off.
12. Fifteen minutes into the exam, stand up, rip up all the papers into very small pieces, throw them into the air and yell out "Merry Christmas." If you're really daring, ask for another copy of the exam. Say you lost the first one. Repeat this process every fifteen minutes.
13. Do the exam with crayons, paint, or fluorescent markers.
14. Come into the exam wearing slippers, a bathrobe, a towel on your head, and nothing else.
15. Come down with a BAD case of Turet's Syndrome during the exam. Be as vulgar as possible.
16. Do the entire exam in another language. If you don't know one, make one up! For math/science exams, try using Roman numerals.
17. Bring things to throw at the instructor when s/he's not looking. Blame it on the person nearest to you.
18. As soon as the instructor hands you the exam, eat it.
19. Walk into the exam with an entourage. Claim you are going to be taping your next video during the exam. Try to get the instructor to let them stay, be persuasive. Tell the instructor to expect a percentage of the profits if they are allowed to stay.
20. Every five minutes, stand up, collect all your things, move to another seat, continue with the exam.
21. Turn in the exam approximately 30 minutes into it. As you walk out, start commenting on how easy it was.
22. Do the entire exam as if it was multiple choice and true/false. If it is a multiple choice exam, spell out interesting things (DCCAB. BABE. etc..)
23. Bring a black marker. Return the exam with all questions and answers completely blacked out.
People there started posting links to videos I had made on YouTube (here and here) in order to illict harassing comments against me on those videos. I go to the moderators and do they do anything?
Not much. DiMono gave a half-hearted "stop harassing him on YouTube" and BigBen didn't see anything wrong with what they did. I bet you anything that if I had pulled a stunt like that, I would have been slap with a ban faster than I could blink and my posts would have been deleted.
I personally wouldn't have minded it so much if a single person saw the videos, commented, and then move on. However both Lawdy and swooper74 posted the links in a hostile environment, knowing full well that their posts would draw equally insulting comments on YouTube and thus an end-run around the rules here. What really bothers me, is that they posted the links in a thread I had not visited in some time. If it wasn't for CountinSheep (not that he did much beyond making a sarcastic personal comment), I wouldn't have found their posts. Not that it matters, since no action was taken by the Moderators.
Lession Learn: Attacking people off-site is now ok.