So, I spent all weekend playing Pokémon Go.
The game is pretty great, but admittedly needs a few things.
Pokémon was built on three core pillars.
- Exploration (capturing new Pokemon) -- Pokémon Go absolutely NAILED this portion of the Pokémon Experience.
- Battling (fighting Pokémon)
- Trading Pokémon with friends.
- First and foremost; It undeniably needs trading.
- Pokémon Centers (full heals for Pokémon ) should be a thing.
Pokémon Battling, in every aspect, needs to be completely reworked.
- Player vs Environment Pokémon Battles ; I would love the ability to use my Butterfree to sleep powder wild Pokémon to make them easier to catch. This is why I carried a butterfree with me through the entire Pokémon Red game. This is a fairly major component of the game that is missing.
- Player vs Player control points (gyms) -- Pokémon Battles in gyms need reworking. Pokémon do a *terrible* job defending a gym, which in turn makes it exceptionally easy to loose gyms you control. IMHO I should get prompted when someone is challenging my gym, and I can choose to fight with my Pokémon or let AI control them.
- Player vs Player Pokemon battles need to be a thing -- I'd love to spend my "down time" at lured Pokéstops fighting my friends and training my Pokémon . -- IMHO with in-game gambling