This year, as Rooster Teeth hosted multiple communities on the official Extra Life Game Day. I personally made a goal to see at least some of every stream. I missed 1 as I was hosting an RT Radio set, but their admin was happy to fill me in on what I missed! Here is a short description of what happened during each "Hour of Power" this year.
1. RoosterSpeak started us off with some fantastic Halo custom games. One of their featured maps was Rainbow Road and they had full or almost full games with the community the entire time.
2. Beta Cats, and LGBTQ+ based in Austin, TX came with some GTAV custom games and all the members were in GTA Fake AH crew cosplay.
3. Sour Grapes a gamer and prop builder group, were next and they played a VERY heavily modded version of Skyrim with over 200 mods active, including one that lets you use crescent rose and ride Godzilla.
4. RT New Jersey played Golf with your friends and hit their $250 goal in the first 20 minutes of their power hour. And then had to come up with all new stretch goals.
5. RT St.Louis and BIGBYTE playing Pokemon White 2. On top of receiving donations, they were also selling shirts!
6. Constantly Calibrating & Stream Arizona teamed up and did a challenge competition where the losers got to drink hot sauce! These challenges produced many humorous artistic interpretations of Gavin, Michael, Sonic, and more.
7. RT Houston played Duck Game and Jackbox Party Pack 4's Fibbage 3. They also reached a few stretch goals including drunk Mario Kart. Their power hour ended with members chugging bottles of Iced Tea.
8. RWBY Nation played some GTA games with as many community members as they could fit into one game! Their snipers vs stunters was especially fantastic.
9. RT New Vancouver played Quiplash and Fibbage and were bested by their audience at every match! Discussions on stream included Poutine and Canadian Healthcare.
10. Rooster Buckeyes had 6 PC's with 6 viewpoints of Killing Floor and switching was done live and on the fly as different members joined each game. Quite the impressive setup.
11. Rhode Island Rooster Teeth Community created paper Water Lillies in honor and memory of Monty Oum. One of their members also mentioned if you can't donate money, you can always donate blood!
12. The Cartographers Guild played a Trauma Center game where each person on the stream read the lines for the different characters in the game, complete with character voices. And they drank a bunch of nasty coffee drinks!
13. G1 Gamedays took the time to custom create RT Personalities in WWE 2K17. Including Jack Patillo, James Angel, Barbara Dunkleman, and Jeaune Arc. So many muscles.
14. RT Nova Scoita was speed running Super Mario World while also executing stretch goals, specifically one where a member of the group was getting their head shaved.
15. RT Austin / Side Quest played Gangbeasts. It was great to see Rick and Morty fighting pandas, luchadors and dinosaurs! Followed closely there after by RT's own Battlesloths!
16. RT Michigan played some Overwatch custom games with crazy modifications including continuous Doomfist punching and low gravity, as they discussed their favorite RT shows, characters, and other questions from the chat.
17. RT Oklahoma was single-handedly handled by Dustin. He played Bracketeering from the new Jackbox pack and the group participating decided that everyone should eat Reese's Puffs forever and we should all live in the Star Wars universe for 10 years.
18. RT Ontario played Halo Reach while having their body's waxed! Each $20 donation to an individual equaled 1 wax strip on their leg. They raised over $4,000! They also discussed their personal connections to their local hospital.
19. RTUK & Argentstreams. While others were working into the night, RTUK was on hour 23 of their 24 hour live stream. They played cup head while they talked to their chats and discussed Extra Life tattoos.
20. RT NorCal spent their 2 Spooky hour playing PT, but, every time one of them got scared they did a shot of hot sauce. Talk about staying awake! #2spooky
21: RoosterTeethDFW had their "first annual games," where it was Blue vs Red vs Yellow. Depending on how well a team did in games like Starwhal and Ultimate Chicken Horse determined what ingredients went into their smoothie.
22. RTNY played what they called the Unopocalypse where they played Uno, had Achievement Hunter rules enabled, and, for all special cards (like Wilds, 0's, Skips and 7's) they had different physical requirements. Like push-ups, squats, and jazz hands!
23. RT Georgia, with 2 different cams set up in 2 different locations, played Keep Talking and Nobody explodes! "Spicy Sunrise" the name of a sassy character performed by a member dressed as an older lady, made an appearance!
24. RWBY Cosplayers of South East Florida played RWBY grim eclipse! As they played they discussed many things related to rooster teeth and cosplay, as well as the the SNES.
25. RT Florida closed it out. By the time the stream got to them, one of their members was in the process of being duct taped to a board, one was a TP mummy, and another was ranting about weapons degradation. But it was all #forthekids
It was so much fun to see what each group had to offer, how they were staying awake, and what fun challenges they came up with. If you weren't able to tune in, I highly recommend that you give it a try next year!