6 years ago
Alright, so here is a poem by anna bradstreet and i have an essay due tomorrow...the essay is about what's the purpose of anne bradstreet writing this poem, here is the poem, if you guys give me any ideas then that'll be great
In silent night when rest I took,
For sorrow near I did not look,
I wakened was with thund'ring noise
And piteous shrieks of dreadful voice.
That fearful sound of "fire" and "fire,"
Let no man know is my Desire.
I starting up, the light did spy,
And to my God my heart did cry
To straighten me in my Distress
And not to leave me succourless.
Then coming out, behold a space
The flame consume my dwelling place.
And when I could no longer look,
I blest his grace that gave and took,
That laid my goods now in the dust.
Yea, so it was, and so 'twas just.
It was his own; it was not mine.
Far be it that I should repine,
He might of all justly bereft
But yet sufficient for us left.
When by the Ruins oft I past
My sorrowing eyes aside did cast
And here and there the places spy
Where oft I sate and long did lie.
Here stood that Trunk, and there that chest,
There lay that store I counted best,
My pleasant things in ashes lie
And them behold no more shall I.
Under the roof no guest shall sit,
Nor at thy Table eat a bit.
No pleasant talk shall e're be told
Nor things recounted done of old.
No Candle e're shall shine in Thee,
Nor bridegroom's voice ere heard shall bee.
In silence ever shalt thou lie.
Adieu, Adieu, All's Vanity.
Then straight I 'gin my heart to chide:
And did thy wealth on earth abide,
Didst fix thy hope on mould'ring dust,
The arm of flesh didst make thy trust?
Raise up thy thoughts above the sky
That dunghill mists away may fly.
Thou hast a house on high erect
Framed by that mighty Architect,
With glory richly furnished
Stands permanent, though this be fled.
It's purchased and paid for too
By him who hath enough to do.
A price so vast as is unknown,
Yet by his gift is made thine own.
There's wealth enough; I need no more.
Farewell, my pelf; farewell, my store.
The world no longer let me love;
My hope and Treasure lies above.
6 years ago
I have no idea what i'm doing here, cause i wasn't at math on wednesday and she never taught this. If you know what to do give me like an equation or whatever and if you can, tell me the answers, or basically what to do, idk. This is for linear speed i guess.
1. A Pendulum swings through an angle of 20 degrees each second. If the pendulum is 40 inches long, how far does its tip move each second?
2. A neighborhood carnival has a Ferris Wheel whose radius is 30 feet. You measure the time it takes for one revolution to be 70 seconds. What is the speed of the Ferris Wheel?
3. Find the linear speed of a 33 1/3 rpm record at the point where the needle is 3 inches from the spindle (center of the record).
4. An ant is traveling around a circle with a radius of 5 centimeters. If in 20 seconds, the ant has traveled 3 radians, what is the linear speed?
A 6 lane track is formed by using a rectangle and two semicircles. If the total distance around the inside lane of the track is 400 meters, 100 meters for each straight-away and 100 meters on each curved portion, answer the following questions in your group.
1. Draw a representation of the track.
2. Find the width of the rectangle and the radius of the semicircles for the inner most part of the lane one.
3. If each lane is 1 meter wide, what is the distance around the track in lane 6?
4. Compare the paths of the two runners (one in lane 1 and one in lane 6), what is teh same and what is different?
5. Is this a fair race? why or why not?
6. What speed is the runner traveling in lane 1 if he completes one lap in 50 seconds?
7. At what speed should a runner in lane 6 run in order to tie (complete the lap in 50 seconds) the runner in question 6?
8. Are the two runners traveling at the same speed? why or why not?
9. Make table and graph showing the distance traveled vs. time
10 If two ants are on a second hand of a clock (one is closer to the center of the clock and the other is closer to the outside of the clock), which ant is traveling faster? slower? Explain.
*I would appreciate any help at all, i have no idea what i'm doing and this isn't in my textbook so i'm using the internet for help.
6 years ago
I have to go to work real soon and i need to write an essay, and i need an example of moral courage in there...can somebody tell me their own/come up with a good one? I'd really appreciate it
Oh and also, i need to know your GPA and if you were born first, second, third, fourth, etc, and don't say "last" say the actual number, this is for a math project thing.
6 years ago
Abby paints twice as fast as Beth and three times as fast as Carrie. If it takes the girls 2 hours to paint the living room while working together, how long would it take Abby to paint the room if she worked by herself?
if anybody can help me with this i'll be very happy, i've done working together problems but i've never done them where i have to find out a person working alone and yea...inono, i'm stuck on this one.
6 years ago
I guess i ran out of image space, but i was all done anyway, so that's pretty cool
Umm...well Dillon blocked me and such, that makes me sad and depressed, and all i did was accidentally type too quickly and spelled his name "Dillion" and not "Dillon" bleh, but i'm sorry Dillon, please forgive me and unblock me because i would like to talk to you without any hurtful feelings.
6 years ago
I'm having problems now uploading pictures, too many damn images... but i'll upload more of me and Gunnar later
and i believe that somebody (Chad,
Gunnar, Eli or Dillon) should buy me a sponsorship because I'm poor
Oh btw, this is a new journal, so stop bugging me Chad and Dillon