Disclaimer: I love this show. However it, like all shows, does have problems and I feel it's just as important to talk about them in the same way we talk about the good things
Disclaimer 2: This is a discussion. Moreover it's a discussion about things happening inside the show. There are absolutely going to be spoilers. Now I can't help it if someone forgets to use the a spoiler tag, but really if you're on here you should probably be caught up.
I really don't like only seeing positive things about... well, anything. Not because I'm pessimistic or that I enjoy pointing out flaws. I just think it's important to show all the points of something rather than focus on one aspects. I've noticed, however, that any comments made about something that isn't how madly in-love with it they are don't receive a... great... reaction.
So I decided to make a thread where we can discuss:
- Things we dislike about the series
- Things we think could be improved
- Situations we would have preferred been handled differently
- You get the idea
And while reading through this thread it's imperative to keep in mind that this is a thread based around opinions, and they're not all going to be yours. So when something makes you a little huffy and you quickly type up a response, read it over a few times before hitting that Submit button. Thanks.
I'm going to go ahead and start by listing a few of my issues with the show as a whole.
1. The voice acting. I really think this is just a problem of hiring within the company. It's cool to hear voices of the people we're familiar with, but they aren't all voice actors, ya know? Now obviously if I could have it my way I wouldn't change their voices. Especially since they're already established, it'd just be weird. But I do hope that certain actors start feeling more comfortable with the characters here soon.
Characters like Ruby, Sun Ozpin, Roman and even Pyrrah and Nora are fantastic in my opinion. I wouldn't change a thing.
But characters like Weiss, Cinder and sometimes even Blake are feeling very stiff in their delivery. It feels less like they're having a conversation and more like they're talking to a person with a giant mole on their face and are trying desperately not to mention it.
2. The whole PyrrahxJuanexWeiss thing. I've just really disliked this since the first episode they started hinting at it. I really couldn't even begin to list the amount of shows that has done this exact thing. Basically every show that takes place at a school. There's not much to say here. I just think it's played out and I'm tired of seeing it.
3. The animation. I'm not going to say much about this because I know I don't need to. I'll be honest, while I really didn't like the style at first it's really grown on me and now I love it. There are some obvious animation issues but I'm noticing less and less as the show goes on and as I don't know the first thing about animation I can only believe they're doing their best to ensure we see as little as possible. It's still an issue at times, but I know they're aware of it.