BOY HOWDY! @RTXLines is back for RTX Austin 2019!
Hypothetical Situation: Let's say you just left the Cow Chop panel in the Hilton and you're curious if you can make it to the RWBY Panel all the way across the ACC. "Dang, I bet the line's already capped," you say out loud, drawing stares from the people around you. It'd be great if there was some way to check the status of the lines at all the panel rooms around RTX, right?
Well slap my mamma there is... and it's @RTXLines!
@RTXLines is the official RTX Twitter account that will keep you up to date on line happenings during the show! Are there empty seats for Dungeon Drunks panel? We got you. Has the line been capped for the On the Spot panel in the Main Panel Room? We'll let you know. How the lines doin' at the security bag checks? We got 'chu fam.
There are a few ways to use @RTXLines! First, you should know that text and data rates may apply (that's between you and your carrier). Second, you'll need to follow the account (duh). Then do the following:
1) Setup Mobile App Alerts
Do you have the official Twitter app on your phone? Good. The easiest way to get alerts is through the app. Here's how you do that:
- Go to the @RTXLines Twitter profile
- If you're on a mobile phone, tap the bell icon next to the follow button. (Picture of what it looks like)
- Tap Account Notifications and select All Tweets
- If you are on a computer, click the dots icon next to the follow button, then click Turn on mobile notifications. (Picture)
2) Setup SMS Text Alerts (Optional)
Large events can overwhelm local cell phone data networks making browsing and, in our case, delivery of line updates slow. FEAR NOT! You can have Twitter text you alerts over SMS, which uses the more reliable voice network. Here's how you do that:
- On your computer, click on your profile picture in the upper right hand of your profile page, then click Settings and Privacy. (Picture)
- Then, on the left hand side of the Settings page, click the Mobile link. (Picture)
- Type your number into the Phone Number box. Click Continue. (Picture)
- Twitter will text you a validation code. Type that validation code into the box provided. Click Activate phone. (Picture)
- Under Text Notifications, check the box next to Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications.
- Click Save changes. (Picture)
- Make sure you are following RTX Lines and that mobile notifications are turned on for the account. (Picture)
That's it! We hope that you'll find @RTXLines helpful during the show! We'll see you at RTX!
RTX Austin Head Guardian
*Standard data fees and text messaging rates may apply based on your plan with your mobile phone carrier.