Quick breakdown of what my goals were:
1) Earn another stripe on my belt in BJJ in the next 8-16 weeks.
Just got my 4th stripe today, 25Feb16. Next step is a belt promotion. I highly doubt I'll be ready for the next belt by spring promotion, but I am hoping I will be ready by fall.
2) Increase my one rep max on my squat and deadlift to 365# by mid-late January.
I hit 365# on my deadlifts on 08Feb16, but fell short on my 365# squats.
3) Increase my conditioning and increase my "flow" in BJJ and kickboxing.
This was an extension of #1, with extra conditioning thrown in in the form of kettlebells metcons.
I am satisfied with the results. I stumbled a few weeks due to minor injuries and aches or sickness, but overall, not bad for an old man.
My goals for the rest of 2016:
1) Train in BJJ consistently 3x/ week at the bare minimum, 1x a week for kickboxing mitt work, and at least 2x/ month MMA.
2) Hit 400# for both squats and deadlifts.
3) Augment strength training with kettlebell and/ or body weight conditioning work.
Here's to Buff Buddies!