I've finally got the chance to figure out the whole dashboard and the new site. It really does take time to get used to where the short cuts regarding community/friend content used to be. I feel so old since this site went through a lot of reconstruction.
Well, as one of the old dinosaurs in this site, it's been 11 years (I could've had a kid that is 11 years old! in grade 6 no less...) I've met so many people that I consider as family & met many friends throughout the years.
I've seen my friends grow from teenagers > young adults> getting married> buying a house> having a child> divorces> moving homes> travelling> etc.
I, for one have changed not a lot of "adult type" of stages but enough to say I'm happy to know myself inside and out.
What is up with me? (This is a LONG LIST)
- * Currently single. (HA! ha... ha...)
- * Was temping for a job for 7 months and abruptly ended in September
- * Still looking for a job (UGGGGHHHHH) & hopefully a permanent one!
- * In terms for adulting - I am now license to drive! (I know. RIGHT?!?)
- * My dog is still alive! (Yay Tucker!)
- * I am now Guinea Pig-less (Lucy died in March)
- * Finally stepped into the dating world (The horrors + heartbreak + agony!)
* My bestie moved across the country & to the WEST COAST (Dammit. RUPERT!)
* Had a fabulous time in Portland, OR (Thanks to Karli & Nathan)
- * Had an amazing summer and it's probably the best one I've had in a long time (more on that later)
* Reconnected with my old friends and new friends just by being awesome Ele
* Majority of my RL friends are now married, have a mortage & had a kid... this year.
* Went and avoided some baby showers. (after 2, I just couldn't hack it...)
* Was suppose to move in with Lukie, but that didn't pan out... (I'm blaming her 100%)
* Revisiting quite a lot of what I liked to do in my early 20's (part of why this summer has been amazing!)
* Still retired from RT community organizing events (which I'm SOOOOO glad - consulting is the way to go!)
* Still derpable as ever!
* Still managing Depression & Anxiety (that's not going to change.. any time soon)
- * Managed to be EVER BE so confused to enter & exit a NOT adult relationship (-_-)
* Been and still on a TV Binge (Hello, Netflix + Chill + never going out ever!)
Trying to rewire my brain that I'm neither a:
- * Surgeon (Orthopeadic, Cardiothoracic, Pediatric, OR General) (Thanks to catching up with Grey's Anatomy + Private Practice)
- * Detective or a homicide cop (Veronica Mars, iZombie)
- * nor a defense Lawyer (Suits, Daredevil)
* and sad to say a Marvel Superhero (Jessica Jones)
- *That my life is not a Rom-Com (I'm not even going to name all the sappy rom coms I've watched this year alone)
- * That my life can be a Sit-Com (and I'd watch it!)
- I'm sure there is more to that.
Overall, its been an interesting year.
You feel like your caught up with my deets?!?