If you got a code from me before, be nice and let other get a shot.
Batman: Arkham Asylum .
madmanmoe Keeper of Shenanigans
1 month agomadmanmoe
Hello fellow RTers.
I'm going to attend Dreamhack again this year in Austin tomorrow, Saturday the 29th. I hope to do some fun things and stuff involving filming, maybe some shenanigans, reporting, and hopefully meeting Austinian RTers.
If you have free time Saturday night for a hangout or a possible dinner since i'm gonna be hungry as hell that evening, hit me up or PM me.
If you have suggestions of things you want me to do while I'm at dreamhack, please feel free to suggest away. @Ratatoskr and I already have a vile plan in mind
If you just wanna say Banana...well...whatever floats your boat I guess.
2 months agomadmanmoe
Just a quick journal. I've pushed this game aside for a very long time, and for the life of me I don't know why. I just picked it up again last week, and I've binged on it until now (about 2am and I have work tomorrow).
I'm seriously about to cry. If ever there was an ending most perfect in a game, its Uncharted 4. Bar none, this game is a testament to how a story should be told, how actors should act, and how gaming mechanics should...mechanic.
I know it is an old game and probably some of you here have played; but coming from a man who bought this game on day one just to get side tracked by games like Horizon, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Overwatch (DAMN YOU OVERWATCH!), and other games...this game is a gem. If ever there was a reason to buy a PS4, this game alone would be worth it and I don't say this lightly at all. This scene I captured by accident, but it is one of the most stunning visuals I've ever seen, and really I'm not doing much at all in it.
2 months agomadmanmoe
So I just got to see the Vlog from @burnie, and I really do appreciate the answer. Thank you, Burnie, for addressing the community issue and putting our fears at ease.
My only thing I want to add is I am more than humbled that you still remember the events of the Libyan revolution and I am completely...I don't know what's a stronger word than humbled, but I really am humbled beyond words that you guys still remember that. I definitely would have been astonished to just have the community question addressed, but to go so far as to add those extra details...thank you. You didn't have to, but thank you.
2 months agomadmanmoe
So, I watched GitS the movie after rewatching GitS the animated movie, and my expectations were met: that is, overall the movie was a meh at best, and a blah at worst. Here's the deal.
1) ScarJo does not fit this role. I'm sorry. I...I can't. I just can't! This time, it's not because she's white playing a Japanese role, but because she just suuuuuuuuuuucked. Her attempts to walk like a soldier felt very forced. Her trying to act neutral and emotionless were cringy. And she can't action for jack. Her action is equivalent to my 200lbs ass dong gymnastics. BUT! I do have to give the movie credit for explaining why she's white. They actually did a good job on that so not bad.
2) The original GitS was mostly about the philosophy of the soul and existentialism. This movie was about "They lied to me! I Will have revenge!". Typical American style story telling. Also, NO. Please, just stop with the whole ":::GASP:::: You killed innocent people!" shpeal! Just f-ing stop! It's like they'r trying to shove self righteousness down your throat.
3) It comes to no surprise that the movie did its own thing in terms of the story, but they did take some things from original anime movie and show. So it should not come as a surprise that the scenes which came from the anime (which they did a fantastic job in doing btw) were the best parts of the movie. Some were done shot-for-shot and biases aside, they really were phenomenal. Because you can tell that those shots were NOT typical American shots. A lot of the movie is your typical American style shooting, but you get a fresh sensation on the original scenes of "wow, this is legit!". I can't explain it really other than you can tell which scenes are American and which are not.
4) There are problems with continuity. There are plenty of "what the hell is going on?" moments in the movie, and the problem with that is because of GitS' inability to set its own identity. The movie is really more like the combination of GitS the Animated Movie, GitS Stand Alone Complex series, and whatever Pink Paste the American producers put together to mash it all together into a single movie. It's like having multiple personality disorder and you find yourself lost.
5) Ok, this is NOT a spoiler, I don't care what you say, but it's not: Why the hell is everyone talking English EXCEPT FOR director Aramaki (which, by the way, in GitS the animated movie his name is Director Nakamura ((again, wtf?)) )? Ok, look, I'm allllllllllllll good for selling the whole "this is Japan and the director is Japanese so it makes sense he talks Japanese". And honestly, I'm alright with that barely. But what's the point of everyone talking English and he's the only one talking Japanese? Even when they have a dialogue, one talks English the other Japanese. I actually found myself wishing ScarJo would attempt some Japanese just to give her extra credit on the role, but no. She's a shitty actress and God forbid she puts any real effort in her work. However, I really liked the actor who played the Director's role and he was a badass, so I'm actually happy they never forced him to try and speak English.
Overall, I give GitS a solid C. Its not the best and its a movie that suffers from not finding its own identity. When the movie was first announced with ScarJo as the Major, I was mad that they didn't pick a Japanese actress for the role. Though, like I said, they did a good job convincing me why she's not Japanese, I am more mad now that ScarJo was NOT suited for the role.
These are the only two things that hurt the movie: ScarJo and being all over the place. The action was giggling awesome. The cinematography was really cool. They actually went out of their way to bring those Hellicopter-hawk-bird things. And nostalgia factor was strong in some scenes. Even if you didn't see the original GitS before, chances are you will like it and be amazed at some of the phenomenal scenes in there (though most of those were shot-for-shot copy of the anime). You wont hate yourself for watching, so enjoy.
2 months agomadmanmoe
More like, broken record, am I right fellas?
Anyways, in all seriousness. This has been a topic that's been floating around the ether for a very long time, and quite a number of you already know of my rants about this site as well.
Well, let the rant continue as I'm made aware of more problems with this site, and this time it is regarding bots and ads.
It is hard enough as it is to keep the forums going nowadays. Back in the haydays, the forums were buzzing and the community was flourishing. Now, its barely kept alive with a select and very few that are still active and trying to keep the soul of RT community alive.
Aside from the horrid look, performance, and bugs in the site, the forums and other pages on the site are being further corrupted by bots and ads. A reliable Mod and friend of mine informed me that while they try to keep the forums and pages clean so everyone can enjoy the content, they're barely keeping pace due to their everyday responsibilities. Add to that that while the RT developers are aware of these issues, they are being redirected by RT to focus on other more important things like...you know...emojis and their video player.
So, how is this rant different from previous rants? Well, as I told my friend, sometimes the universe smiles at you and tosses you a bone.
Today, Burnie posted a journal asking for people to ask him questions for his next Vlog. He will read the questions that have the most up votes and this is where I need your help.
I've posted my question on his journal, and I would like to ask for anyone who has had issues with the site to go there and upvote my question. It is not so that I get recognition, but to force Burnie and RT in general to publicly address these issues that we've all had for a very long time. Should the question get lots of votes and Burnie decides to neglect it, then we know we have a major problem.
Thanks in advance.
2 months agomadmanmoe
I think everyone here in the community has at one time or another felt overwhelmed about life and their current situation. I think that actually applies to pretty much a vast majority of people in general. But one thing that people can agree on is that this is one of very few places where people can come and open up about their problems in a safe and supporting community.
My dear friend @vatazes is one of those dear and loving people who likes to help people whenever she can, and she is going through some tough times right now. However, she's not taking it laying down. I'm really amazed and in awe at just how tough this lady is, and I want to help however way I can.
I would appreciate it if you guys would drop by and read her latest post and give her your moral support.
Thanks in advance.
3 months agomadmanmoe
So I bought tickets for RTX this year. In all honesty, I thought about it pretty hard and was close to thinking against going, but when i read other people's journals and the OCC PLanning for RTX, I remembered just how amazing my last trip was. It was seriously such a great experience, that I can't pass up the opportunity to go again and meet new people.
Just like last time, I bought the tickets, but I'm still applying for the Media pass. I hope to get more footage, more interviews, more behind the scenes, and more access to stuff. Not sure if my being an independent journalist would hurt my chances or not, but I'm hopeful.
I'm a Muslim, I'm a Libyan, and I'm an American. A wandering vagabond, never settling in one place for too long. Always moving, always searching.
At this moment i feel at home, i feel one, i feel like i belong; but soon, I will be moving on.
Austin DreamHack 2016
Because why not?
Uncharted 4 Screenshots
just some screenshots I took from Uncharted 4
Chuppa Baby thanks to Myshu
gotta give props to @Myshu for always coming through with great chuppa babies.
For Extra Life 2016
Ok @jack , the ball is in your court now!
Rebel without a cause
Its good to cause a rebellion once in a while
| Asked by: titanted 9 months ago
I personally suck at any kind of art to be honest, that's why i play video games and chose computer science as a career move. lool.