January's dead. Long live January!
It's weird; I feel like January has absolutely flown by, but this week specifically dragged for me. Work has been really busy all week, and yet I turned to one of my colleagues on Friday and asked him "Did we actually complete anything this week?" "Nope" was his answer. Yay productivity!
So I already did a mid week blog about Lazer Team escapades... I was telling some non-RT community friends about it last night and even they thought the whole idea of seeing a film with exclusively fans of the content was awesome. I'm just gutted my Blu-Ray copy hasn't arrived yet... </3
In keeping with one of my New Year resolutions to keep in touch with more people (and do so a lot better too!) I met up with a long time friend of mine (outside the community again) for the first time this year, just for a couple of hours after work. It equal parts confuses me and makes me happy that it does at least happen, that there's just some friends you can just really easily talk to about anything even if you don't see them for a while. We're both really into our gadgets, cars, and a few other things besides, and I came home from hanging out with him and his now fiancé on Tuesday just feeling better about everything. :)
I also spent last night and this morning over in Liverpool with some other friends, and unlike the last few times I've been over, I didn't take things like Jackbox and CAH with me, so it was just a way more casual/chatty affair, and honestly the change in atmosphere was great... I've kind of felt sometimes I get invited purely for those games, but to get invited round regardless and still have a lot of fun was a nice feeling.
I've had another week where I've barely read anything unfortunately, but I've made some headway with the Stirling bio so I'll hopefully finish it this week coming!
My January In Summary:
- Positive stuff happening in work!
- I read a book! And a bit!
- All the Lazer Team feels!
- RWBY S3 has gotten crazy and I love it!
- I got to hang out with new people from the community!
- I've got better at hanging out with friends regularly!
Things in February I'm hoping to do:
- Meet up with community people again! Let's not be strangers!
- Plenty of things happening with non-community friends to keep me busy!
- Lindsey Stirling's book is getting finished, and The Martian read. My minimum for this month!
- Buy myself the book that inspired Edge of Tomorrow (All You Need Is Kill) for March's read!
- Friend's stag-do. Oh god.
And now, February... Hope it starts well for you all!