Forums > Animanga Union

What have you read lately?

Posts (15)

• imagamer27

imagamer27

#30025011 - 10 years ago

Well, I'm the type of guy who can stay on Onemanga.com and just read sunrise to sunrise if he could. And as such I usually find out about some pretty interesting ones, but what about you? What good manga have YOU read lately?

• ThrynnMaster

ThrynnMaster

#30025012 - 10 years ago

When onemanga.com is lacking, mangafox.com turns out to be pretty helpful. As for what I've read recently...I'm not really sure where to start. W-Juliet, Superior, Vampire Game, From Far Away, Mirai Nikki, Midori Days...and that's just what I read today.

W-Juliet best fits into the slice of life genre, with a very large dose of gender bending. But a worthwhile read nonetheless. Superior and Vampire Game initially both have a similar feel, with people who are destined for conflict with each other thrown together due to circumstance, but the similarities end there. From Far Away was a wonderful romance/adventure, while Midori Days was more of a romance/comedy. Mirai Nikki was one of the most interesting reads I've seen in some time.

So, what have you been reading?

• flameprinces

flameprinces

#30025013 - 10 years ago

Good manga?

For fluffly stuff, I've been reading Kitchen Princess which I do quite enjoy...

Found the anime version of Elfen Lied just a few days ago, which was quite different from the manga, but good in it's own right =)

And W-Juilet is amazing.

• ThrynnMaster

ThrynnMaster

#30025014 - 10 years ago

I saw the animation of Elfen Lied years before I got around to reading the manga. I thought the animation was pretty spectacular at the time, even if the English voices grated on my nerves every now and then. Today, I still think that the animation is pretty decent, but...I'm kinda pissed that it was ended after only 13 episodes (I'm not counting the OVA). And the sequence of events became radically different after the introduction of Nana. I'm not too sure which I liked more, but the manga was definitely a lot darker and sadder. It just seemed like one bad thing happened after another.

Yesterday, I read what I could find of Blood Alone. A pretty good vampire story, being about coexistence more than conflict.

• imagamer27

imagamer27

#30025015 - 10 years ago

Well, I have been reading Veritas. Which I think is pretty good. Bakurono for your Mecha Manga. Pretty good if you can look past some of the oddities, It's very emotion driven too. Claymore was started back up a while ago. Lost + Brain is a Deathnote esque manga using Hypnotism to complete his ultimate goal instead of a deathgod's notebook. And Dragon Drive, it's kinda funny and it's got people riding dragons into battle. Thats all i can think of for right now anyways.

• MasterSprtn1

MasterSprtn1

#30025016 - 10 years ago

Does mangafox have that much more manga? I've pretty much read almost all the manga that interests me on OneManga...so I'm just waiting for updates on them besides the occasional series I find.

• ThrynnMaster

ThrynnMaster

#30025017 - 10 years ago

Mangafox has a much larger directory, but their browsing method isn't quite as friendly.

• great_Kthulu

great_Kthulu

#30025018 - 10 years ago

for manga I have been re-reading Battle angel alita (aka gunnm) again, since its amazing, and I just fineshed watching coyboy bebop which was awsome

• imagamer27

imagamer27

#30025019 - 10 years ago

I just started reading Biomega; It's amazing. It's got a Russian, non-forest ranger Smokey The Bear. It is automatically epic.

• outlawwolf

outlawwolf

#30025020 - 10 years ago

Other than the usual titles everyone reads (Bleach, One Piece, Naruto) I've found interest in some other unusual titles. Franken Fran, Bio-Meat: Nectar, Doubt, and Liar's Game are usually at the tops of my interest. Also Beach Stars, though that one ended early in japan which is sad.

• outlawwolf

outlawwolf

#30025021 - 10 years ago

Damn, forgot to mention that I'm also very close to after 7 years, finally completing my Great Teacher Onizuka collection. I just need to find Volume 3 and then I'm going to reread that whole series again.

• imagamer27

imagamer27

#30025022 - 10 years ago

In reply to outlawwolf, #10:

Doubt and Liar's Game are both good reads.

• rating

rating

#30025023 - 10 years ago

Berserk, Air gear.

• imagamer27

imagamer27

#30025024 - 10 years ago

Okay, I'm gonna try and post an Official List of the manga I read at this moment. this will take a while.

1/2 Prince
    Air Gear
    Amatsuki
    Bakuman
    Beelzebub
    Blazer Drive
    Bleach
    Bokurano
    Break Blade
    Change 123
    Claymore
    Deadman Wonderland
    Fairy Tail
    Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    Liar Game
    Lost+Brain
    Naruto
    One Piece
    Peace Maker
    Psycho Buster
    Psyren
    Shade - The Other Side of Light
    Silvery Crow
    Tantei Gakuen Q
    Tegami Bachi
    ULTIMO(Stan Lee getting involved with a manga FTW)
    Vagabond
    Veritas
    Vinland Saga

You all might want to check these out.

• Kaijin

Kaijin

#30025025 - 9 years ago

Air Gear
    Angel Densetsu
    Diabolo
    Pandora Hearts
    Yu Yu Hakusho

It's all spread out. xD I've finished YYH and Diabolo already-- just wanna go back for more, ya know?