Forums > Art

FAN ART FRIDAY CONTEST, PRESENTED BY BIGBITE! (ENDS 11/22/17)

Posts (10)

• jxdalton

jxdalton FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold BIGBITE CEO

#33677200 - 1 year ago

Fan Art Friday is back! Last week, we got some incredible art from you, and can't wait for you to see the winner this Friday! Just keep your eyes peeled on the front page of RoosterTeeth.com! One of your works of art will be featured in Rooster Teeth Poppycock!

Read on for rules, tips, and more!

Before we get to the meat of our content here, I wanted to make sure you had the chance to see our Extra Life shirt this year! It's your last chance to get one, since we're retiring the design at the end of November! Oh, and did I mention? 100% of the profits of this design go to Extra Life! So go grab yours now over at Store.BIGBITE.Media today!

forthekids-2017-men-s-tee-mens-5050-t-sh

In order to create more interesting content, we're going to ask that you give us a little background info on each piece, so we can write about it when you win!!! Please copy-paste the following into your entry and fill it out!

• 1. What's your name?
    • 2. Where do you live?
    • 3. What do you do?
    • 4. How did you create this piece?
    • 5. How long did it take?
    • 6. What was your inspiration?

PROTIPS for the best shot at winning:

• Maximize your votes. While getting the most votes does not guarantee victory, you must be in the top 5 to be selected!
    • Enter early (the earliest entries have more time to get votes)!
    • Join and follow the BIGBITE group to get a notification when we launch each new contest!
    • If people liked it, but it didn't win, enter it again!
    • Make sure the post shows up correctly--direct links tended to do far worse than embedded images.
    • Get on your social media accounts and tell your friends to vote for you! Don't forget to give them the direct link to your post. (That's the hyperlink on your post number, kids!)

So, here's the rules (updates in bold):

• Upload your fan art to this thread
    • Copy and paste the above background info on your piece and fill it out.
    • Need help uploading images here? CLICK HERE.
    • One entry per person, per week. If you submit more than one image in a single post, you will be judged on the first image. Multiple images of the same 3D item are permitted.
    • The fan art is to be of RT and Let's Play family topics.
    • Previous entries may be re-entered, provided they have never won.
    • You may win multiple times, and previously being featured in BIGBITE.Media does not preclude you from winning.
    • Entries must be received by 11:59PM CST on Wednesday, 11.22.2017
    • The top 5 modded posts will be selected as finalists (read: TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE!)
    • The winner will be selected by BIGBITE and/or RT staff. In the event of a tie in the selection committee vote, the piece with the highest number of mods will be selected.
    • Winner's art will be featured in Fan Art Friday on RoosterTeeth.com!

If you have any questions, shoot us a message.

Good luck, and we'll see you on the front page!

Sincerely,

Joe Dalton and Michael Hernandez

CEO and SMD, BIGBITE Media

Legal crap we should probably say so that nobody gets sued: By entering art in the contest, you certify that this is, indeed, your own work. BIGBITE and Rooster Teeth maintain editorial control of all art, and may deem any work ineligible at their discretion, for any reason. By entering art in the contest, you grant BIGBITE and Rooster Teeth full rights to reproduce and use your art, We may also share some of our favorite entries on our social media channels; however, you will receive proper attribution for your work. BIGBITE and Rooster Teeth reserve the right to alter, end, or cancel this contest for any reason at any time, without prior notice.

• Xuelder

Xuelder FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Some Sort of Art Boi

#33677252 - 1 year ago

gDlXWha.gif

1. What's your name? 

Christian S.

2. Where do you live?

New Orleans

3. What do you do?

Working on an indie game project, also looking into freelance and employment in greater games industry.

4. How did you create this piece?

I used a program called Marmoset Hexels and vectored over the regular Sugar Pine 7 logo. Using shaders, gradients, and post effects, I added the animatic effects.  The text was imported from Fire Alpaca.

5. How long did it take?

Made over the course of a few hours after the new Rooster Teeth Instagram account RTDraw called for fan art. 

6. What was your inspiration?

Besides the obvious original SP7 logo, I have been on a kick of looking at the Miami Aesthetic, similar to art from games like Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Hotline Miami, as well as the Synthwave music and art movement of retro 80s synth.

• Rhy7hmicW4rrior

Rhy7hmicW4rrior FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Community Artist(ish)

#33677555 - 1 year ago

lancer_by_rhy7hmicw4rrior-dbtry8b.jpg1. What's your name?

Isaiah

2. Where do you live?

Thankfully not Remnant with these things flying around.

3. What do you do?

Pipecleaner art

4. How did you create this piece?

Looking at the concept art! Wonder, wonderful concept art!

5. How long did it take?

Hrs.

6. What was your inspiration?

RWBY Vol. 5 Episode 2

• Zahlen

Zahlen FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Danger Noodle Animator

#33677604 - 1 year ago

bloodzealot_2_0_by_0207-day57em.jpg1. What's your name?

Jeffrey Wang, Artist name is Zahlen Oum. DA: 0207.deviantart.com.

• 2. Where do you live?

New York, New York

• 3. What do you do?

Independent 3D modeler and animator. Double Major in Mathematics & Physics.

Modelled & Rigged in 3DS Max and Textures made in Photoshop.

Depends on how you look at it: I had previously made the BloodZealot based on the original concept art (with permission) by lightning-in-my-hand.deviantart.com, but I had wanted to improve it because I felt my model had been lacking in terms of Grimm attributes. The original model was started on August 27, 2016, and then completed December 8, 2016. But then I picked it up again January 23, 2017, and then updated on February 6, 2017 at 7:36 pm. So overall, one could say taht this particular rendition took maybe 100 hours from texturing, to rigging, and modelling, remodelling, and then playing with Photoshop (I didn't have much experience with it), and then learning rigging in Maya to broaden my toolset.

• 6. What was your inspiration

The creator of the concept art, lightning-in-my-hand, had published it, and I thought "THIS WOULD LOOK SO BADASS AS AN ACTUAL 3D MODEL" and he let me make models of his Grimm in the future, so I thought "LET'S DO THIS!!!" Pyrrha's there to serve as a reference point for the size and height.

• Jester000

Jester000

#33677685 - 1 year ago

https://img00.deviantart.net/9...

team_jest_by_rks_kogiro-db2010y.png

Not sure if this will work, but I want my OC's to be considered and seen by Rooster teeth

• 1. What's your name?

Cody Holt

• 2. Where do you live?

Fort Mill, South Carolina

• 3. What do you do?

Freelance Editor/Aspiring Lawyer

I commissioned it from someone named RKS-Kogiro, though it took a couple of days of trial and error and fine tuning the details. 

Took a couple of weeks, each character was done individually and needed to iron out a lout of details on each one, along with the overall body type of character, clothes, emblems, weapons etc. Probably was couple months before we had finalized each design and had them all put together. 

Took inspiration from various tricksters, manipulators and also people who have deceptive appearances or used them

J: Loki

E: Frankenstein's Monster

S: Pied Piper

T: Long John Silver

• RDcomic

RDcomic FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33678021 - 1 year ago

blake_2_color_dodge_jpeg_sm_by_tkrippesd

• 1. What's your name?

Tommy Krippes

• 2. Where do you live?

Seattle

• 3. What do you do?

Freelance Illustrator

Drew the Pencils on a illustration board, then inked with India ink, scanned, and painted in Photoshop.

16hrs

.......Rwby, Faunus, Cats, Blake, and Comic Book Artists.

• NeroDevil

NeroDevil

#33678134 - 1 year ago

ktrfgmP.jpg

http://neros-art-cave.de/2017/...

• 1. What's your name?

Nero J. Rensmann

• 2. Where do you live?

Germany

• 3. What do you do?

Freelance artist and student

I created this Yang FanArt on a 115 x 75 cm canvas and painted it with my fingers.

About 6 hours.

Well, I guess thats pretty obvious, Yang of course :D

• DailyLifeWithRy

DailyLifeWithRy

#33678149 - 1 year ago

m2czdBI.jpg

• 1. What's your name?

Dominic Ryan C. Vince Cruz

• 2. Where do you live?

Attending College in Chestertown, Maryland. Originally from Frederick, Maryland.

• 3. What do you do?

I'm a college freshman planning to double-major in International Studies and Economics. 

I illustrated this in Clip Studio Paint Pro, based on a couple of dumb, funny concept sketches, and using images from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and RWBY as reference. 

Two days; I was in the zone, and when you go to a small liberal arts college out in the boonies of East Maryland, you find yourself lacking in distraction.

• 6. What was your inspiration

If you haven't seen the show, or I didn't do a good enough job illustrating it, the piece is a parody of  Jojo's Bizarre Adventure using Weiss and her Knight Summon from RWBY. Being a big fan of both shows, I always thought and joked with other fans that it would be funny if Weiss' Knight became her "Stand" (the spritual summons used by Jojo characters) and started doing the Oraoraora style punching while a muscular, strong-lined, Jojo-styled Weiss stood and pointed like Jotaro Kujoh, or any of the other Stand Users. And then the Fan-Service Crew started watching Jojo Part 1, and I knew I had to draw this.

As stated above, I used reference photos of Jojo by Hirohiko Araki, and freeze frames of the Weiss' Knight from that kick-ass sequence in Volume 5, episode 2.

• mikururun

mikururun

#33678717 - 1 year ago

YFwJvuE.jpg

(sorry my english is BAAADDD)

• 1. What's your name?
      My name is Michelle Lambrecht but everyone calls me Miku (and my artist name is Mikururun)
    • 2. Where do you live?
      I live in a far, far away country named Chile
    • 3. What do you do?
      I'm an unemployed nurse, so I draw to live 

I illustrated this in Photoshop, I really like to looks like Ruby is inside the roses tornado 

around 3 days
      When is was listening to music drawing other thing, Red like roses appeared in my playlist and it exploded in my mind
  • Zahlen

Zahlen FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Danger Noodle Animator

#33679583 - 1 year ago

In reply to mikururun Well done!